Renaissance San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Travel Blogs from San Diego
... sse an den Sitzen. Das Wetter war heute leider nicht so gut, immer bewölkt und ca. 22 Grad. Wenigstens hat es nur bei der Zugfahrt geregnet.
In San Diego angekommen, ließen wir uns von einem Taxi zu unserem Hotel bringen. Der Taxifahrer informierte uns während der Fahrt über die Sehenswürdigkeiten und wo man hier am besten mexikanisch essen kann. Schließlich liegt San Diego an der Grenze zu Mexiko.
Das Hotel war eine sehr ...
... iPhone! !! Yes, I have finally arrived in the 21st century and joined the club. It cost me just under $700 which means I have saved at least £50 by buying it here. Just need to wait to get back home to go to the Vodafone shop so they can cut my sim card so it fit in the phone. I am so happy!
Wow, only been in the US for 1 week and I have nearly spent $1000. Ah well, I have it and I'm having fun spending it.
... Neil said there is 200,000 in the marines alone. I'd say that's probably our entires armed forces and support. So back to San Diego. Day 2 Fran and I headed to Coronado Island, where the beach was recently voted the best in America. Not sure Miami would be too happy about that, but it was a beautiful white sandy beach. The sand was burning hot but the water was surprisingly really cold. I think I'll stick to the pool thanks. Anyway it's a really lovely place and home to some of ...
... and Adam by the Zebras.
The park itself was massive with gigantic enclosures and travelators for people to get around the park quicker. The park was filled with every animal you could think of and beautiful gardens that went as far as the eye could see. We ended up walking around the giant park at least 4 times before our feet started to drop off. After a giant ice cream and a gander at the giant hippo we looked at ...
... but was otherwise pretty boring. There's a big military presence in San Diego and most of the harbour was just full of naval ships which got very repetitive after about 10 minutes.
After the cruise we stopped at a mall to get some lunch. I went with a group of Australian friends to the food court and got a hotdog with cheese, which I soon regretted after I remembered how bad American cheese is. After lunch ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Renaissance San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Other places to stay in San Diego
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $129
- It was a holiday inn....
- Holiday Inn - never again!
- Good experience in September
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- Not my choice
- Wonderful Staff, Excellent Hotel
- Not worth the PRice
Horton Plaza, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $181
- Beautifully restored hotel.
- Truly 5 Star experience
- One of the Nicest Hotels We have Stayed at!
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Very poor customer communication
- Great location and service
- Poor Customer Service!
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $75
- Shuttles are great
- Not What Expected
- Disgusted with treatment of military personal
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $77
- Very small room
- Ok at best
- Best Western 7 Seas is an excellent choice
La Jolla, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $151
- Decent stay, but could use a little updating
- Wasn't that bad
- Investment needed
Midway District, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- Paradise Found at the West Tower
- $14.00 parking fee for overnight guests???
- Bad attutude Manager named Dave
Mission Beach/Pacific Beach, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Absolutely not worth the money
- Good Hotel
- Overpriced - don't recommend
Carmel Valley, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Great Hotel!
- Great hotel- near I-5
- Great Hotel
University City, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- Great Hotel!
- Our New San Diego Area Hotel
- I expected more.
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $107
- Great Family Vacation!
- Bad room assignments
- Great Rom and Friendly Staff
Barrio Logan, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $152
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Spacious room, lacking service
- Pricey but OK
- Great stay at the Sheraton Suites San Diego!
Central San Diego, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $152
- Beautiful Hotel, Beautifully Managed
- An Enjoyable Stay
- You can't go wrong.
Core-Columbia, San Diego | 4 star hotelfrom $164
- !Never Stay There Again!
- Stay maybe...eat...no way...
- Not worth it
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $124
- A big thumbs-up on this hotel--I would definitely stay again.
- Pretty good
- Not glamorous
Mission Valley East, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $118
- Beautiful hotel, Very Helpful staff.
- You will not believe this
- Loved this Doubletree!
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $83
- Pleasantly surprised
- A Disappointing experience
- Great Vacation- would return again
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Western San Diego, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $126
Old Town/Hotel Circle, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $119
- Loved the Town and Country
- Definitely stay again
- Good Value for the $$$
Marina, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- A wonderful place to stay
- Wonderful and Relaxing Getaway
- Great value
Mission Valley East, San Diego | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Great deal at the Del Mar Hilton
- Very nice!
- We will return !
Rancho Bernardo, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $200
- Not a 4 or 5 star at all!!
- Nice place for the price
- Distinctly average
East Village, San Diego | 5 star hotelfrom $168
- Don't stay at the lower level or bring an ear plug
- Two thumbs up!
- Great Room, Great Rate