Red Roof Inn - Southpoint
Travel Blogs from Jacksonville
After 950 miles, we arrived exhausted in Jacksonville, Florida!!! It was real nice to see the palms and to start feeling the holliday spirit!!! 2 days of beach and bars!!!
... sure does attract positive attention!
Roy took off for the Keys early Friday morning. He had a great time seeing old friends, going to some of his favorite haunts and spending time with his former neighbor and buddy, Mike White. He said Mike’s kids, Grady, Evan and Macy have grown quite a bit in the last year and it seems Grady is following right along in his Dad’s footsteps, as Roy found him outside tearing down an outboard ...
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Swimming pool
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Business Services
- Free parking
More great choices in Jacksonville
Search TripAdvisor for more deals in Jacksonville
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations