Travel Blogs from Belize
... to Banana Beach. By this point, we had walked at least 5 miles and the idea of walking the entire way back was quite daunting, especially since Holly has decided to make the entire journey barefoot. We knew that the way that most people got around was by golf cart and we figured we could hitchhike a ride. We made our way to the main road where we quickly found a family willing to give us a ride and driving in the direction ...
... are over 150 animals, all native of Belize, and all either rescue animals or ones which have been born in the zoo.
The admission was pretty steep ($15 USD), but we did see some interesting wildlife. The zoo itself is quite well maintained, and all the creatures within seem to be comfortably ensconsed in large, fenced areas which mimic their native habitat. We saw many strange animall, including incredibly ugly tapirs with their little beady eyes and funny wobbly ...
... we need. Once in Mexico we will try and have our own stick again.
Saturday 24 March – Xcalak – Mexico
We obviously just crossed the border into Mexico. As we were sailing along I had to mention to Paul I could see what looked like a boatful of men armed with guns speeding towards us….I was right. Paul jumped up, got on the radio ...
... Brenda greets you from her cooking tent with the reviews on her Creole cooking. Belize is independent from Britain (it used to be British Honduras) and there is a lot of pride. It also boasts the second most beautiful reef in the world. We walked down the very long beachfront pathway that has an eclectic mix of clapboard houses, restaurants and souvenir stalls. Decided to stay for a few ...
... travellers-gone-local, what a world away from the world they have left behind! They all seem happy though and that's all that matters really.
- the local Caribbean men are absolutely direct which can, at times, seem downright rude. I experienced this when one shouted out that I had dropped some money and the other started singing "three blind mice". I responded in the way they least expected, I went to talk to them. They told me they see me with my White Cane but then someone ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Ramons Village Belize
Other places to stay in Belize
Newton Barracks, Belize City | 3 star hotelfrom $89
2 Marine Parade, Belize City | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Stay Away from Belize City
- Radisson Scan
- Skip Belize City
Mile 3, Northern Highway, Belize City | 3 star hotelfrom $99
7 Coconut Dr, San Pedro | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Placencia Rd, Robert's Grove, Placencia | 4 star hotelfrom $181
- Underwhelmed by the Inn at Robert's Grove
- A 3 dressed up as an 8
- Loved It.
Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve , San Ignacio | 4 star hotel
- Beautiful setting, great staff
- Rusic Luxury
- Overrated Blancaneaux
Coconut Drive, San Pedro | 2 star hotelfrom $69
5931 Bachelor Ave., Belize City | 2 star hotelfrom $38
Coconut Drive, San Pedro | 3 star hotelfrom $254
- Belize Yacht Club
- Okay but not great
- A fantastic stay!
Placencia Road, Placencia | 4 star hotelfrom $296
- Best In Belize
- Relaxation at it's Best
- Tropical paradise in Placencia
40 1/2 Mile Old Northern Highway, Maskall | 4 star hotelfrom $139
Branch Mouth Road, San Ignacio | 2 star hotelfrom $65
- Good as Gold!
- Very Friendly
- Nature at its best in San Ignacio
22 Coconut Drive, San Pedro | 3 star hotelfrom $197
- A perfect honeymoon
- OK, but not great
- Ideal location for our wedding
Macal River, San Ignacio | 4 star hotelfrom $313
- Honeymoon in belize
- Worth the drive
- Chaa Creek was the most amazing place!
Ambergris Caye, San Pedro | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Mile 69 1/4 Benque Viejo Road, San Ignacio | 4 star hotelfrom $323
Beach Front, San Pedro | Hotel
- Das beste Hotel auf Ambergris Caye
- Best hotel on Ambergris Caye
- Would Not Stay Anywhere Else
Caye Caulker Village, Caye Caulker | Hotel
- Very Nice -- but get the upgraded rooms up front!
- Seaside Cabanas the Best Place to Stay in Caye Caulker
- No place better on Caye Caulker than Seaside Cabanas
Coco Plum Caye, Dangriga | Hotel
- Our best vacation to date
- We loved this place and the people!
Placencia Village, Placencia | 4 star hotel
- Wait till you see the bathroom!
- We LOVED the Turtle Inn
- Loved Turtle Inn!