Travel Blogs from Hillsboro
... and lots of partying people even on a Monday but we didn't bother visiting any of the bars. Next stop Waco. Now Peter had visited Waco at least twice yearly all the years he worked in Melbourne and I had heard bits and pieces but he was keen to show me. It also gave Peter an opportunity to meet up with some of his past work colleagues. Now he always said Waco was small and I envisaged around 20,000 people. As we approached he said it was a bit bigger than that - now let me ...
... the river walk but disappointed it didn't have more lights turned on. Christmas lights hung from the trees but weren't turned on. Quite a few ducks and tour boats in the water. Weather was great and made for a very nice evening until we got home and saw what dammit dog had done to my blinds. Guess I should be glad it was only one window. They are getting doggie downers ...
... at 3 different gas stations to fill up the truck.
I spent an amazing 2 weeks at the Corp of Engineers Campgrounds, and had a wonderful time visiting with family & friends.
- Visited my first Texas college today
- Baylor University is such a wonderful school
- The college was founded in 1841
- The campus is absolutely beautiful
- Their mascot is the bears and their school colors remind me of the University of Oregon's
- I can't wait to visit another Texas school! ...
- Stayed in Waco, Texas for a night
- the next morning on my way to my grandparents house I visited the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- also checked out the Dr Pepper Museum
- paid a visit to the American Indian Cultural Center as well
- spent $103.06 on gas getting to Waco
Other places to stay in Hillsboro
307 South East I-35, Hillsboro | 2 star hotelfrom $42
102 Dynasty Dr, Hillsboro | 2 star hotelfrom $98
203 Outlet Dr, Hillsboro | 2 star hotelfrom $93
307 Interstate 35 NW, Hillsboro | 2 star hotelfrom $48
1512 Hillview Dr, Hillsboro | 1 star hotelfrom $68
1513 Old Brandon Rd, Hillsboro | 3 star hotelfrom $87