Ramada Hotel & Resort Lake Balaton
Travel Blogs from Balatonalmadi
We left Budapest and headed for our next stop on the Side of Lake Balaton, we spent 3 nights in this area albeit on 3 different sites;
Site 1 - Bungalow and Camping Ifjusag - looked lovely and lively on the website, out of 500+ pitches we were the only ones there, the local attractions were all closed, a bit like a tacky sea side town - the site wasn't bad but we would be wasting our time staying any longer than a night so moved on ...
... with stroopwafels, drop, ontbijtkoek, gevulde koeken, Oranjebitter and one of the two existing Dutch wines. Yes, I was just as shocked as you are when I heard that there are wines made in the Netherlands. The greatest part of this evening was that every nation brought some kind of alcoholic beverage. With percentages between 20 and 50 it will be quite clear that we all had a great time.
All lectures ...
Flexicurity = flexibility + security
Students from 8 different European countries are studying together actual themes on active labour market policies, lifelong learning, flexible and reliable contractual arrangement and modern social security systems. 4 students of Oulu UAS participate in the project.
At the beginning we learnt some useful Hungarian vocabulary by ...
Supposed to be the day we say our goodbyes and head to the airport. Wrong! An email came through at 1:30 in the morning with the dreaded "your flight has been cancelled". Not really the best feeling in the world, considering check out from the hotel is in a few hours. I only panicked a little bit. It turns out that the snow-pocalypse in Atlanta cancelled everyone who was supposed to land or connect there. Luckily, Sebastian lives close ...
We arrived to Balaton at Sep. 14 afternoon. Quickly found the villa. The house was huge with many nice facilities - billiard, pool (we didn't use it because it was a little bit cold for swimming), tennis, football playground, barbecue corner, big kitchen, nice rooms, big garden.
Shablin family join us at the same day at the night.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
More great choices in Balatonalmadi
Search TripAdvisor for more deals in Balatonalmadi
TravelPod Member ReviewsRamada Hotel & Resort Lake Balaton Balatonalmadi
I've just arrived home from this horrendous hotel where we stayed 4 nights.
- no free parking space, only in garage for 2k HUF
- breakfast: same every morning, scrambled eggs, ham etc...
- dinner: soup - taste ok, main course: 3 type but all tasteless, desser: it is ordered from a local pastry shop, but it was ok.
- room: from the 4th floor you have lake view. But from the lower levels it is blocked by trees. Room is comfortable but fitted with dirty carpet.
- dining room: dirty table cloth, seat and missing dinner set, and it is very very cold
- location: you need at least 15 min. to reach the lake
- staff: a bit rude. The receptionist catch up the phone in the middle of our conversation (my question might be boring). The waiters missed us in 2 dinner service from 4 nights. So don't have drink for dinners.
- building: you will enjoy the tinkle of elevators during your stay in front of them. Because you will wait for them lots of time...
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.