Ramada Hotel & Resort Lake Balaton
Check rates and availability for this hotel
Find the best prices for Ramada Hotel & Resort Lake Balaton from our 4 partners. Show all partners
Travel Blogs from Balatonalmadi
Zack and I just spent the last week at the largest and most popular lake in Hungary: Lake Balaton. The lake is HUGE, as in the average width of the lake is 5 miles across. Besides admiring the vastness of the lake, we also "enjoyed" seeing lots of sunburnt skin - as in more skin than anyone ever needs to see. Ever. We also cooked LOTS of Hungarian food, drank wine (which the region is famous for), and attended a genuine Hungarian birthday party.
... to understand you enough to laugh at you try saying "say-kesh-fa-hay-var". For those of you into phonetics, try this on for size: ˈseːkɛʃfɛˈ ;heːrvaːr. A few fast facts: this town was a royal residence and was one of the most important cities in Hungary during the Middle Ages . It's also where the first kings of ...
... city 1,000 years old and took a few pictures. We also stopped near the Balaton to have a look around and check out Tiheny Abbey. This was a lovely area with some great views.
At Eva's mother's (Elizabeth), we were fed squash soup, fried pork, scalloped potatoes and fresh bread, and dessert of plum cake.
People keep telling me I look like i'm in my 20's, so it's possible I may end up staying here instead of going home on the 24th!
... local Riesling with a philosophical
Chicagoan and my pastry chef Dutch roommate. In Germany even the guys
drink wine spritzers. They would be labelled 'girly' back home for sure.
But here it's just an inside joke with myself.
I had my first legit goulash. Was super good, especially after waiting until 9 thirty for dinner. If I'd know it's be so late I would have gotten two dinners in!
At the hostel ...
... uns durch setzen und schnaufen zur ruhe bringen will. albern.
Es stellt sich heraus, dass Magenta auch nach Revfueloep will und im selben Hostel unterkommt. Wir goennen uns nach Ankunft direkt mal einen halben Tag am BEZAHLTEN Privatstrand (wie es scheint kriegt man am Balaton nix geschenkt) um in der Sonne zu brutzeln und uns immer wieder im badewannenwarmen wasser "abzukuehlen". Nach einer schnellen Dusche treffen wir uns alle wieder ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
TravelPod Member ReviewsRamada Hotel & Resort Lake Balaton Balatonalmadi
I've just arrived home from this horrendous hotel where we stayed 4 nights.
- no free parking space, only in garage for 2k HUF
- breakfast: same every morning, scrambled eggs, ham etc...
- dinner: soup - taste ok, main course: 3 type but all tasteless, desser: it is ordered from a local pastry shop, but it was ok.
- room: from the 4th floor you have lake view. But from the lower levels it is blocked by trees. Room is comfortable but fitted with dirty carpet.
- dining room: dirty table cloth, seat and missing dinner set, and it is very very cold
- location: you need at least 15 min. to reach the lake
- staff: a bit rude. The receptionist catch up the phone in the middle of our conversation (my question might be boring). The waiters missed us in 2 dinner service from 4 nights. So don't have drink for dinners.
- building: you will enjoy the tinkle of elevators during your stay in front of them. Because you will wait for them lots of time...
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.