Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
Photos of Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations
Historical Traveler Reviews Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
Nice view, bad maid service
Spent four nights here 5/19 - 5/23.
1) Great view of Corpus Christi Beach.
2) Great location. Close to beach, Lexington, and aquarium.
3) Food prices in restaurant very reasonable.
4) Waitresses in restaurant very nice and friendly.
1) Rooms worn and needed refurbishment.
2) Problems with maid service 2 out of three days. We got skipped the first day and had to call front desk to get a maid to come. The third day they knocked on our door at 11 AM and said they would be cleaning our room in a few minutes. We left to eat to give them time to clean. They didn't come until 3 PM.
3) Rooms were a little smelly. I got used to the smell about 5 minutes.
Would I stay here again? Yes. Why? Great location and views from room. My daughter really enjoys the location. I personally like the Omnis in downtown better.
Not your usual Radisson
I have stayed at many Radisson hotels around the country and in fact have many points on my rewards card. But this Radisson was not up to their standards. The hotel was run down and not the cleanest. Most of the Radissons have excellant resturants - we ate lunch the 1st day there and never ate there again. The hostess was busy reading her book and told us to seat ourselves. After standing over us to get our order out of the way while commenting about her bad legs she couldn't find the cook and complained she might have to make it herself so we were going to have to settle for that ( We were the only ones in the resturant besides 5 members of the hotel staff who played cards for at least 2 hours. They were there when we first went to the pool, during our lunch and after we finished we left to the pool and they remained).
how do you ruin a BLT??? The cleaning staff removed some towels the following morning but didn't replace them or the coffee. The didn't change the sheets once during our 4 day visit. The windows were so dirty and not just from the birds. We went to the 3rd floor lounge one night (it was actually open and on time) we made it right at 5 and were the only ones there. I went to the bathroom and it was discustinly dirty. Paper towels and garbage on the floor and sinks dirty. It looked like it hadn't ben cleaned in a few days, but judging by the amount of people who were in the bar nightly it could have been weeks.
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson last summer and we will be returning this year with our 1 year old son.
We were extremely disappointed with the hotel. The phone didnt work, there was dirt on the floor of all areas, a stale odor was present in all areas, the faucet couldnt be turned in the bath as it was disconnected from the turn valve, there was a very foul odor in the hallway which smelled of sewage and in addition our friends rooms toilet didnt flush well and they were afraid to use it. We moved to another hotel the next day after our room had been changed once the first day because the phone was out of order.
ABSOLUTLEY LOVED OUR STAY!!!
I just wanted to say whoever wrote the review about thier stay and they were on the 3rd floor couldnt have been more wrong...about thier tv going out, it looking rundown, with bird "DUNG" everywhere. Me and my fiancee went for our two year anniversary and had a WONDERFUL time!!
The only thing that I would say is wrong with this hotel is the staff.... the room service was ok but the lady who brought the food was very un-appreciative of me giving her what i would say is a pretty good tip for just having to come upstairs and me being a delivery pizza driver. (???) and of course the young girl up front who was just rude.
but thats all I have to say! thanks radisson!
A Pleasureable Stay
The in-room jacuzzi, evening romantic views of the USS Lexington on the ocean, and hotel-to-beach access made our visit very memorable! The walking-distance seafood was great! We're going back with more family!
1. When we initially checked in, we were assigned a third floor room which was bayside, BUT it overlooked a projecting roof area of the hotel which very much marred the view of the room. Since our reservation had been in place for several months and we had specifically requested a good view overlooking the bay, we requested re-assignment and were relocated to the seventh floor which made for a much nicer view. HOWEVER, the third floor bayside room views are NOT good!2. Although we fully completed all requested information upon check-in, including our vehicle description for the parking lot, we were initially not given any parking ID tag nor were we even informed that this was necessary. Our only clue to this was when we noticed many OTHER cars in the parking lot showing pink tags on their dashboards and we later questioned the situation, at which time we were then given a tag. We were informed that our car could have been towed without the tag.3. The hotel in general, is more run down than was anticipated (it was advertised to have been renovated a few years ago). The entire hotel, including lobby and hallways, has a somewhat unpleasant and stale odor. The large bay windows around the hotel building are dirty. The third floor lounge area would have a beautiful view of the ocean were it not for the bird dung everywhere. Our room was not particularly clean. Upon first entering the room, a dead roach was found lying on the floor. The bathroom floor had embedded dirt which appeared as dark streaks and spots in the tile. The bedspreads are very dingy making them appear unclean. There is no soap dish or caddy in the bath. The water pressure in the shower was too low (although temperature was fine).4. During the entire duration of our three-night stay, reception on television was poor on at least half the channels including HBO. We notified hotel staff of the problem on the morning of our first full day of stay. A maintenance man was sent up within several minutes of reporting the problem who was quite amiable but unsuccessful in fixing it. He mentioned that poor weather could be the cause; however, the weather changed several times during our stay and the situation remained the same whether sunny or raining. The maintenance man said that the problem would be reported to the cable company, but despite subsequently questioning this matter TWICE with hotel staff, we never did receive an answer as to whether this was done. We left word with the hotel operator regarding this matter, AND on the evening of the second day, we left a voice message on the designated Executive Office phone for a manager (or someone in that capacity) to call us back. As of our departure two days later, we had not heard back from anyone and the TV problem had still not been fixed.5. During this entire holiday weekend, we could never see that the swim-up cabana bar (advertised for this hotel) was ever open or manned by anyone at any time of the day or night.6. Lounge on third floor had an excellent and personable attendant. The atmosphere would have been excellent had it not been for the dirty windows AND exceptionally loud music during the prime of the evening. Music is fine but this volume was not conducive to a relaxing game of pool.7. On one of the days of our stay, our child sustained a minor jellyfish sting on the beach and I checked with the hotel gift shop to see if they might have some vinegar or meat tenderizer substance that they could SELL us. We were advised by the gift shop clerk that we could obtain this from the front desk (as we understand is very routine for many Corpus Christi hotels to offer as a courtesy to their guests). Upon checking with the front desk, however, we were declined this request and advised that hotel management was no longer allowing the dispensing of these products. Although we can understand any concerns (liability or otherwise) the hotel might have regarding this practice, we felt it was somewhat of a discourtesy to customers to not even have this available for purchase in the gift shop (especially in light of this common problem on the beach). Instead, we were turned away and told to go to the nearest 'convenience store.' Thanks a lot, Radisson.We feel that there was a problem at the management level of this hotel, and have to question whether one was ever even around during the entire time of this holiday stay. We will probably stay at another hotel next time.
Is there a manager?
The hotel and the amenities were ok. Everything was a little rundown but you get what you pay for. My big problem with this establishment was the customer service. First of all I have to say that I don't think that anyone was running the hotel and that it was only the teenagers behind the counter. Anytime anyone would come to the front desk for a question, the counterpeople were either on personal phone calls or talking with each other and seemed bother whenever you had a question.
The service at the hotel restaurant was terrible as was the daily maid service. One day the maid got mad at my wife because she was sleeping in and told her that if she can't come in now, the room wasn't going to get cleaned. I figure that a hotel that doesn't have that much going for it should at least try to make it up with customer service, but I guess sometimes a task like that is too difficult to accomplish.
Fantastic! Beautiful Hotel, Great Service.
Fantastic experience. We really enjoyed the location, condition of hotel, service. All was wonderful. My family and I will return.
This was my favorite vacation spot as a child and still today. We always stayed in the beachfront hotel section. These rooms are the ones closest to the beach. They have a roomy balcony where you can rest and feed the seagulls. The beach isn't the cleanest water in the world but is still very soothing. The hotel has excellent room service and restaurants. It also has a large swimming pool and kiddy pool plus a wonderful gift shop and kite museum. Corpus Christi has many tourist attractions itself so you don't have to stay in the hotel all day, including the U.S.S. Lexington that is walking distance from the hotel. I think this is the best and only hotel that is located on a nice beach in Corpus Christi.
TripAdvisor Reviews Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
Travel Blogs from Corpus Christi
... our hands with warm water. Go America! After a day of flying it was great to see Brad and Camilia! Brad had a serious burn accident at work (he is a mechanic) a few months ago. He is sporting some serious wounds that are not done healing, but is doing much, much better. We relaxed at their house, did some chores (like write this blog), saw the new house they just bought nearby (it's still being constructed ...
... and once again I had to submit to mother nature. I retreated to the beach to lay down and stare into the vast empty space filled with so many little stars above me. It was pitch black where we were. But before I could start looking at the lights above me, I noticed an unnatural looking green glow below. With every step I took there was a short lived neon green glow in the seaweed. Was this some wierd nuclear spill from ...
Mustang Island, Texas….. who would ever think a RV would fit down here, and who would ever think we would come down here to find out? As soon as we arrived that first day, we walked down to the beach—we were in high winds, high waves, and higher piles of seaweed on the beaches, but it still was a fun afternoon on the beach. Why are the laughing gulls out in full force? Are they laughing at us?
Finding ourselves on "this side" of the Gulf ...
... me and I didn't think it worth the registration fee. OH well, nothing we can do about that now. After dinner, Bob came back to "G/G" and I played one game of FARKLE.
Tomorrow we're going to church at First United Methodist in Corpus to hear our former minister, Greg Hackett, preach. We're going to the 8:30 service and that way we will have time to pack up after church and still leave early enough to get home at a decent ...
... cake). So then it was time to eat again, but dinner tonight was SUBWAY sandwiches since we had a big lunch.
After dinner, we stuck around for a couple of hours for visiting. I played a couple of games of FARKLE and Bob visited with Larry Gordon.
Now it's time to relax and get ready for bed. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day starting with breakfast, then a membership meeting.