Travel Blogs from Rome
... I forgot what was it...) and someone on a horse. I think I read that someone was in fact a Roman Emperor (Marco Antonio maybe) which survived because the Church thought he was some saint. If you want more details, don't ask me, ask google better...
Going down by the long stairs, we got to Piazza Venezia and it huge building.
Next to it, the Foro and the Mercati di Traiano.
... crowds of Rome jammed packed the city and really made it exhausting to get around (this coming from someone who lived in NYC for 16 years so you know it had to be terrible). By the end of the four nights both Dario and I needed a vacation from our vacation.
Here is some info on a few of the spots we visited:
The Colosseum. Number one on our list. Dario has an absolute obsession with Roman times and history. ...
... crowds of people....we couldn't even see the road we wanted to cross. I climbed onto the base of a Christmas tree to gain some height to see what on earth was going on, when I was promptly told by an official to get down, but not before I had seen that the whole street running across in front of us was inaccessible - it had continuous railing both sides. We turned left, when we really needed to go straight on, in the hope that the railings ...
... Mount Vesuvius erupted Pompeii was buried in 8 metres of ash, most people escaped but there were approximately 2000 killed, a lot of these were slaves told to stay with the house or people who just couldn't believe what was happening. I have enjoyed this part of the tour, my photos may show you a little of what we saw. We are back on the Coach on our way to Rome, about 2 hours, we have our final dinner tonight & board the train for Austria at ...
... we reached the office, it was too late. Good thing because we ended up just going to the Vatican museum ourselves, which although was beautiful, felt like a procession of tourists. The Sistine chapel was like a boxcar filled with cattle, with the odd demand of SILENCE!!! NO PICTUES! from the officers.
We quickly left after that.
We walked back to the subway, with the rest of the pack and loaded into the sardine can subway.
We got off early and walked back ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82