Travel Blogs from Rome
... including several created by the Bolognese painter Annibale Carracci, which are counted among the most impressive frescoes in all of Rome.
Santa Maria dell'Orazione
Skull on the facade
of the Santa Maria
dell'Orazione e Morte
Across the street from the Farnese Palace is the Baroque Santa Maria dell'Orazione e Morte (Holy Mary of Prayer and Death Church), an ...
... and hawkers are everywhere to spoil that illusion, gladiators posing for a price, a couple of carabinieri sharing an iPhone and laughing their heads off at something till one nearly tripped over a stray rock in a very Mr Bean moment and tour guides waving sticks with flags or big fake sunflowers and yelling at groups of people in all different languages. It's hard to imagine what must have gone on there so many years ago. Men fighting with lions for ...
... was sectioned off for more archaeological digs I think. We stood up on one side and got a really good view of the ruins on Palatine hill. By this time the wind had picked up considerably and the clouds were growing darker. We walked through the middle of the Circus and toward the Colosseum.
On our way to the Colosseum we passed more of the ruins of the Palatine. (I'm not sure if that makes sense...) The Colosseum was under repair and had a lot ...
... Maggiore. I love the cobble stoned streets of Rome however the hustle & bustle of cars and Vespa's gives the sense that they have their own rules which keeps you on your toes when crossing the streets. Also their appears that there is no such thing a defined car spaces. Architecture of the buildings are amazing, old and beautiful. At the end of the day it was dark at about 4.30pm local ...
Initially when I first saw the colosseum a huge smile took over my entire face. This was what I came to Rome to see. A place where people fought and died in the name of entertainment. Slaves, gladiators and wild animals all gave their lives to please the crowds of Rome. After walking around deciding whether to purchase a Roma Pass or not I was accosted by an English speaking ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82