Travel Blogs from Rome
... place. It had an excellent audio visual guide which brought the whole place to life in every sense & this was a model of its kind. The exterior & much of the interior that we saw was designed by Borromini, a bitter rival of Bernini who designed St Peter’s & by Roman standards, it was quite restrained & lovely. The high altar is only ever used when the Pope officiates & above it is a strange canopy of a cage like structure on 4 ...
... down rain and lots of thunder and lighting. In DC, we see these types of storms in August, not in November.
What followed our departure from the airport was an odyssey called the Rome highways and city streets! I thought we had it bad in DC, but this was crazy.... Thousands of tiny cars and motorcyles fighting for the same lane of traffic!! It was only 7:30 and I was ready for a drink! It took us ...
Day at sea. I had a pedicure and Alex had a haircut. We spent time in the Persian Gardens, spent some nice quality time together and then got ready for formal night! We ate dinner at the main dining room and it was delicious. I had one of the best rack of lamb that I had ever tasted. It was cooked perfectly and was so tender. My ...
... We called back later to get an update. Our original plans were to go to the Roma Sparita restaurant again, since we had reservations. We decided to quickly return to the hostel to check on the students. As we left the subway station, you could see smoke and lots of people standing around. There were police everywhere.
When we arrived, I immediately told the students to pack. There would be a bus outside in an hour to take ...
... of three marvelous tours I did in the city.
The first was the Basillica itself, which I thoroughly explored on the first day. A recurring theme in my impressions of the Vatican was how amazing it was to have the combination of religion and history in one place, and i think this is why i loved the Basillica. From the graves of the pope, to the artwork, our guide did an excellent job of explaining why ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72