Queens Hotel

Address: 5 Baron Van Rheede Street, Oudtshoorn, Western Cape, 6625 , South Africa | 4 star hotel
 
Searching for availability...
*Prices above are provided by partners for one room, double occupancy and do not include all taxes and fees. Please see our partners for full details.
 

How has this hotel rated in the past?

  What's this?
Discover trends in hotel experiences based on real traveler reviews and ratings. Mouse over circles to see what some travelers had to say.

Location

This 4 star hotel, located on 5 Baron Van Rheede Street, Oudtshoorn, is near Safari Ostrich Show Farm, Boschendal Manor & Winery, Cabriere Estate, and Grande Provence.
Map this hotel

Amenities

       

    TripAdvisor Reviews Queens Hotel Oudtshoorn

    4.00 of 5 stars Excellent
     

    Travel Blogs from Oudtshoorn

    A DAY OF FIRSTS

    A travel blog entry by ouryearinafrica on Oct 10, 2014

    5 comments, 6 photos

    ... lakes, stopping for cattle to cross the road and watching tractors roll the hay. We saw chickens run across the road to the farm house and avoided tractors, people and bakkies on the road. We eventually ended up on what was called the Franschhoek pass the took us winding to the top of the hill and as we slowly came down we were greeted by the breathtaking view of the village of Franschhoek. No photos will ever do this place justice. It ...

    Country Life

    A travel blog entry by debbiemcphee on Oct 03, 2013

    2 comments, 8 photos

    ... time you see a movie where a car drives off the end of a freeway, then you can almost guarantee it is this freeway.

    Today is a travelling day so a lot of time spent on the bus (which is why my last couple of blog's were very detailed). However, even though we spent the day on the bus, we still managed to see some amazing landscapes. Some of the mountains are about 2500 meters above sea level, which meant we got to see some snow covered peaks - hard to imagine snow in ...

    Swartberg Pass Loop

    A travel blog entry by parleusted on Feb 27, 2013

    2 comments, 14 photos

    ... from the highway. The falls were nicely framed by steep red rocks in a shady area well hidden from the highway. After a brief stop, we headed further on towards the town of Prince Albert, named after Queen Victoria's consort. The town could be viewed from a viewpoint high above as we descended to it from Meiringspoort pass. The neatly laid out valley made for a pretty picture of green amidst the majestic brown Swartberg mountains on either side.
    ...

    Braiiiiiii :)

    A travel blog entry by flickandlucy on Nov 08, 2012

    33 photos

    Day 1- We started our Thursday by cleaning the Flamingos mirror in their enclosure. They put the mirror there to fool them into thinking there are more of them as they breed more when they are in larger groups :) Clever? Yes!! We then cleaned the Lemurs night house, this time leaving the naughty two locked up untill the end :) little but lovely terrors. Demi also saved me from a spider :) My hero!! After tea time we spent the rest of the morning scrubbing two water falls ...

    Ostrich Farming in Oudtshoorn

    A travel blog entry by justln on Jun 04, 2012

    13 photos

    ... kitchen she has a very warm feel to it. She makes the best savory and sweet crepes.

    We then met her neighbor who took us on a tour of his ostrich farm which was enlightening. Ostriches are very difficult to raise, and with the bird flu rampant, it's hard to export the meat these days. Only 7% of the South African population can afford to eat ostrich meat. The other 93% ...