Pacific International Hotel
Travel Blogs from Cairns
- We went fishing today. Not deep, just estuary. Didn't catch a lot but I have a few pics I can't post
- Check out the flush. Most toilets here go straight down. This one looks like it might have a little counterclockwise action to it at the end
- Sorry, no pics from the dive today. Unfortunately my tablt is not waterproof. I'll have them at home
- Here are a few shots from our 9th floor corner room, ocean view balcony. No complaints. Could not be better
- We just arrived in Cairns (pronounced Cans)
- Internet has been nonexistent or way too expensive until now, so I'll try to catch up
- Most pics are on my camera and I can't transfer them to the tablet
- We're going diving in the morning so I'm turning in for the night
When asked if it was the roughest sea he'd known the young crew member replied 'it’s up there’ prior to the bucket of greasy black bbq cleaning slop sliding clear from the grasp of his foot and spilling all over the deck of the boat Compass, rendering an already slippery deck impassable.
It was not fun. The four hours it took …
The day began with a buffet breakfast at our hotel. We were instructed to congregate in the lobby at 8:00 a.m. to begin our day's events. Our tour group walked about two blocks to the boat landing to board our ship to the Great Barrier Reef. The catamaran was filled with tourists from Korea, Japan, Germany as well as our 31 Americans.