Quality Inn & Suites
Travel Blogs from Saint Augustine
This morning we went to the Fountain of Youth, which is a Spanish dig site. It was home to the first white settlement in America.
1. A musket firing
2. The planetarium (to show how early explorers navigated)
3. A canon firing (it was loud)
4. The Fountain of Youth spring (it tasted sulphuric)
5. A native Indian village (an old Indian burial site)
6. Mission de Numbers (the earliest ...
We had a sleep in and then went out to the Fountain of Youth which is where America was first settled. We went and saw how to work a musket. After that we saw a canon. It was very loud when it was fired. We saw some shelters of some Indians that once lived here.
Today we went on a Segway Tour.
1. Flagler College (the first hotel that had electricity)
2. A cathedral (it had a pipe organ with the most pipes in the world)
3. A popsicle shop (it had home made popsicles that were delicious)
4. A house on fire (it nearly took the chocolate shop!!!)
After lunch went to a animal rescue and rehabilitation park for exotic ...
We're back in St. Augustine! This is my 5th trip here in the last 5 months. It's Toutou and the kid's second. It's a really neat place, though, and there is a ton we haven't done yet. The overnight passage was incredibly smooth with just 2-3 foot seas. The entry ...
... for any objects ahead or to the left or right of us. That was it. Hmmm. Seemed easy enough. By 2am I found myself hanging over the port side vomiting. Sea sickness. Just a minor case but awful just the same. Anthony prepared a comfy possy in the fresh air - where I spent laying down, incapacitated for the remainder of that journey. This was my welcome and intro to ...
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Travelers also recommend:
- More recommendations