TripAdvisor Reviews Quality Inn Hastings
Travel Blogs from Hastings
... family and friends during this time; I know I've been neglecting most of you for too long. Please hold me accountable.
7. I also wish to explore the Tri-State area around FM. I've come to realize that I've never approached Iowa the same way as I am the rest of the country - and I can't help but wonder what I'm missing. Ideas are welcomed here too.
8. We all know that if I were a Muppet, I'd be Fozzie Bear.
... was on cruise control most of the day as the road was so good. we have been aiming for North Platte, NE for a fuel stop and Flying J, our favorite fuel stop. We love those RV lanes.
We stop for lunch at a rest stop and then head on to Grand Island, NE for our one night stay at the local KOA. As we look West we see the setting sun in the West. Always a great thing to see.
Nancy here, my first blog entry.
Well, we started out in the Land of the Concrete and wound up Children of the Corn. Wow, corn everywhere, as far as you can see! They don't call Nebraska folks the Cornhuskers for nothing!!
It was actually very pretty and green as we rolled north directly across Kansas to Nebraska--lots of rain up here this year, I think. The land was gently rolling and highly cultivated with...corn. ...
- Took 3 and a half hours to get here.
- Parked and took a nice walk around part of the lake.
- Ate some beef jerky
- Watched the cranes hunt
- Saw them get fish and swallow them whole.
- after an hour we had had enough and decided to get back on the road.
... of it, but I'll include it if I did. The Stuhr Museum is a study of prairie life in Nebraska in or around 1894. There is a whole village of buildings that had been moved from somewhere else, (donations) that would actually have been used for a specific purpose within a village during that time. There was a livery stable, a blacksmith shop, a merchandise store, and various other historic buildings in the Stuhr village. The merchandise ...