Puffin Place Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Puffin Place Hotel Anchorage
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... 25 per night); 3) it is very close to where Daniel works and the Rotary club HQ. 4) I talked to the owner, Don Luis, and he seems very friendly and accommodating; 5) Daniel visited the hotel and he said it was very comfortable, clean and he knew Don Luis since Don Luis used to be his father's classmate; 6) and of course...it has A/C, free WIFI, laundry, breakfast, private bathroom and cable TV...what more do I want for $25 bucks a night!
We finished packing our 5 suitcases and 3 carry-ons at about 8 pm last night. I have got to learn how to pack light! I tried to convince my family to skip formal night, but Sarah was horrified! She tried to negotiate/ plead for at least one formal night, in the end Matt sided with Sarah and we were dressing for dinner. Dressing for dinner accounts for about 1.5 suitcases. I will mention that we took 4 suitcases on our last cruise, which was 1 day in FLL, pre-cruise and an 8 day Caribbean ...
... the effects of the quake. It was a 9.2 on March 27th 1964 (Good Friday) and it lasted for 4 minutes and 36 seconds. This would have seemed like an eternity.
After this tour we rechecked at the Hospitality Centre and still no news. L
We returned to the Federal Building so we could see the 5pm screening of "The day the earth shook". This was quite a good documentary about the earthquake. It had real footage ...
... paths criss-crossing its sides.
When we were 264 miles from Anchorage, we crossed the Susitna River. When the bridge was built in 1921, the bridge was the 2nd longest, single-span bridge next to the bridge built across the Mississippi River. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.
For miles and miles we traveled beside the Susitana River. The river has the milky color of glacial water (‘tho it could just be churned up by recent rains). It ...
What a fantastic night's sleep with the aid of a brain deadener! I heard people moving around but fell asleep again. When I finally woke about 9.30pm there was a girl in the top bunk opposite me when it had been empty when we all went to bed……oops & I’d taken her pillow to put under my knee as it was so bad when there is a sign attached to the bunks which specifically says not to remove any linen from another bed – being pedantic (not at ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!