Puffin Place Hotel
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... 8217;re ~348 mi from Anchorage here.
The scenery west of Denali is beautiful - - one sharply peaked mountain after another to the south and west with many kettle lakes. They started life as a chunk of ice that broke off from a passing glacier, then remained filled with rainwater and snowmelt. it i a very calm day so the reflections are gorgeous!
Even though it’s a very cloudy day, the visibility is improving and the dramatic clouds make for dramatic ...
... t really promote alcohol consumption. Sorry Lana.
From there I made my way to the Dark Horse cafe that Derrick had suggested for good coffee & Wifi but, despite being about a 5 minute walk there, it took me 35 minutes with looking at so many things on the way so breakfast turned into lunch. The coffee is sold as 12oz, 16oz, 20 and/or 24 oz, which I really had no idea what size they are as New Zealand has moved on & uses metric! I ordered a 16oz & a ...
... minimal loss of life here. Seward, where we are going tomorrow, was also devastated by this same earthquake.
On our way in to Anchorage, we stopped at The Musk Ox Farm. It was very interesting and informative. Musk oxen used to be native to Alaska, but were hunted to extinction here. In the 1950's a small herd of young musk oxen were imported from Greenland (it was quite a trip, but ...
It was a BEAUTIFUL day! Every once in a while a cloud would skirt across the mountain face leaving me in a misty fog, but that would clear pretty quickly. It was also cool being above most of the clouds as they built in the valley. Looking north, I had a great view of Denali (Mt. McKinley) the tallest peak in the US. Denali is so ...
... next morning was raining. The Customs and Border Protection officers were superb – they wrote out and copied all the paperwork themselves – knew exactly what was needed and had us sorted really quickly. They actually turned out to be the same officers who did the immigration checks in the arrivals hall. Not a feat that will be repeated at any of the other 20 odd border crossings we will face no doubt ! Next was a half mile walk to the FedEx warehouse ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Puffin Place Hotel Anchorage
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $223
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $78
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $99
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $78
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $174
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $123
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $163
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $103
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $120
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $83
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $97
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $82
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $152
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $86
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $134
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $134
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $131
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $120
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $133
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!