Puffin Place Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Puffin Place Hotel Anchorage
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
After breakfast we packed a picnic lunch and headed for Pilgrim Hot Springs. Stopped at Salmon Lake Park to look for Salmon but they already spawned and only the bodies were left in the river portion (the circle of ...
Today we went to Palmer to visit the Musk Ox Farm. At one time, the Musk Ox was extinct in Alaska. John Teal wanted to reintroduce them in Alaska, so he brought a small herd from Vermont. They moved to several different locations. The farm in Palmer was purchased in 1984 using a grant from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. (Who knew!). They are smaller than what we expected. The hair that they comb from ...
... then had to go down the road and buy a new hair-dryer because the travel one she had finally gave up the ghost. We thought it was weak because of the lower voltage (ha,ha)Then just had to wait for our transfer to the airport and we had a good 20 minute chat to the Hotel's owner, Jane and we discussed the area and the number of homeless people in San Fran. She said the city spends millions on helping the homeless but most of them do not really ...
We are in Anchorage and enjoying a week long stay! We have all done different things and then enjoyed group outings as well. On one of our group outings/hikes Dave took a picture of our group, it is the included picture. The hike was an easy one and had good weather to tease us with. It has been quite a while since we have seen mid 70's sun.
Anchorage is Alaska's largest city ...
... on the bus into the city to explore for a couple of hours, including a little bit of souvenir shopping. Mandy thought that it would be cute to tie a bear warning bell to her school clothes to call the children to attention, so I bought her one and now she tinkles as she walks along.
Back to the airport about teatime to sample Brendan's favourite Frozen Yoghurt shop, and then spent a few hours on the airport wi-fi catching up on things before boarding our ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!