Puffin Place Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Puffin Place Hotel Anchorage
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
Anchorage isn't such a bad city! I just enjoyed my second weekend in Anchorage. I'm on the bus back to Seward as I write this. I came up to Anchorage on Saturday after I got off work and met up with a friend. We spent the weekend enjoying lots of tasty restaurants and checking out some parks and hikes. Sunday morning there was an open market downtown where they ...
... the round interior support beams. A young native woman with beautiful long black hair explained that the huge posts were each shaped by hand using a tool called an adz. All three of the huge posts were from a single cedar tree on the Kenai. We visited the gift shop and as beautiful as their native items were, I could not afford several hundred dollars for a pair of gloves or boots. We studied the exhibits ...
... her cub. She fumbled to get a picture but ended up getting the bushes. Annie-Grace got a great picture of the cub! At the Alaska Native Heritage Center we watched a demonstration on Native Olympic Sports. Some of our students even tried a few of the events. They were not very easy to do! We also watched Native singing and dancing. Then we took a walking tour of houses representing the 5 Native regions of Alaska. Each building was a ...
... this trip, but this has definitely been some of the best.
It’s now nearly 8pm, getting late, but not dark, and we have no idea where we’ll spend the night. Our food supplies are low, and our information says Sheep Mountain Lodge (mile 113.5) has the best meals for miles around, so we decide to at least have dinner now. After parking the camper, we see that they also have half a dozen spots set-up with picnic tables and electricity for campervans, so decide ...
... the hapless Christopher died a lonely painful death but on this sunny blue sky day, with our competent tutors Mike and Corine steering our sleds, thoughts of disaster and death were far from our minds. Soon it was out turn to stand astride the narrow runners, grab the handle bar and yell “mush”.
There are a few basic principles to grasp in mastering dog sledding…
Firstly, a team of enthusiastic ‘born to run” dogs ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!