Puffin Place Hotel
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... on it and paddle it. Wonderful! Worth the whole trip to Valdez!
From Valdez we drove to Anchorage to finally meet Teddy Foreman! And of course to see Graham and Merri too...hahaha! Oh and don't forget Atlas! It's so good to be here with them and they make a super family. Theodore Harper Foreman is 10 weeks old and his room is decorated with some pictures of Theodore Roosevelt. Is anyone surprised? ...
... around. The bathrooms are horrible but the larger RV parks in town are simply parking lots, with hookups. We are convenient to the freeway and only minutes from downtown. I have read many travelers skip Anchorage on their visit to Alaska, which would be a mistake. The Anchorage Museum gets a Gem and we spent a good part of a day there. We also took the Trolley Tour and that was well worth ...
... paths criss-crossing its sides.
When we were 264 miles from Anchorage, we crossed the Susitna River. When the bridge was built in 1921, the bridge was the 2nd longest, single-span bridge next to the bridge built across the Mississippi River. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.
For miles and miles we traveled beside the Susitana River. The river has the milky color of glacial water (‘tho it could just be churned up by recent rains). It ...
... looking for an elusive china drinking vessel. Well we all know what Robert the Bruce said whilst watching a spider try to weave a web "if at first you don’t succeed try & try again", which is exactly what I did & eventually I was rewarded & to top it off there was even a free refill!! – can’t get that in a paper/polystyrene cup. I lingered as long as I could in the café willing the time to pass quickly so I could get back on the train. I ventured off, ...
... First stop – National Park Service. We found a wealth of information here, books, artifacts, and a theatre. Don’t miss this.
We joined one of their guides for a one-hour walking tour of the city, learning about Alaska’s first explorers, Bering, Cook and Stellar. By this time we were looking for breakfast or lunch. Found a restaurant and lunched at Gwennies. After lunch we then drove out to Earthquake ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Puffin Place Hotel Anchorage
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Großartiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!