Puffin Place Hotel
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... this trip, but this has definitely been some of the best.
It’s now nearly 8pm, getting late, but not dark, and we have no idea where we’ll spend the night. Our food supplies are low, and our information says Sheep Mountain Lodge (mile 113.5) has the best meals for miles around, so we decide to at least have dinner now. After parking the camper, we see that they also have half a dozen spots set-up with picnic tables and electricity for campervans, so decide ...
... 19 and 11 snow mobiles per 100 residents of the Canadian Arctic provinces of Newfoundland + Labrador and Northwest Territories. Snow mobiles travel faster, pull large loads, start and stop with a simple pull start or switch, and don't disappear over the horizon when you accidently fall off. Dogs can be fuelled by subsistence protein such as meat and fish obtained with a net and rifle, while snow mobiles require petrol and that requires cash. Seth Kantner, a prominent ...
... going so slowly. It turned out there had been a 5.5 magnitude earthquake about 75 miles away. We didn't feel it because of the movement of the train. We now had to stop before every bridge while the track was inspected and our speed was reduced which added about another hour to our journey.
We arrived in Denali in the early evening and checked into our accommodation at the McKinley Chalet Lodge. Our room was in a lodge building a short steep ...
... tea, coffee, hot chocolate & soft drinks. I, therefore, decided that it would be worth paying the extra US$100 to get better views & photos, as it’s most unlikely that I will ever do the journey again.
I was seated next to an older American lady, Diana, who appeared she thought she knew everything & wouldn’t stop talking, although I didn’t realise this at first as I just thought she was friendly. Soon after the train left I went to explore a ...
... the town of Girdwood. Jack Sprat was a cute A-frame cabin at the bottom of the mountain at Alyeska Resort. It was filled with lots of light, wood decor and tantalizing smells. We noshed on hummus nachos, delicious hard cider and beers, and a wonderful variety of dinners for all. This well deserved and delicious feast was the a wonderful ending to another fantastic ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Puffin Place Hotel Anchorage
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!