Puffin Place Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Puffin Place Hotel Anchorage
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
Today we were the only ones in the house so we had the day to ourselves. We decided to take dad to our favorite restaurant "The FAT Ptarmigan" my dad helped my bro and I finish our pizzas. We then went on the Anchorage trolley that went around and taught us about Anchorage's past from tent city to the 1964 earthquake. It was very interesting and taught me a lot about the history of Anchorage and how Alaska became a state. My dad had ...
... so important).
We’d hired a 20 foot long (the smallest camper we could get) 2014 model Winnebago Chalet (200 Series Class C Model) with all the bells and whistles – hot shower, toilet, oven, microwave, TV, generator etc etc. Rental for five days, including hiring 2 lawn chairs (US$17) that were never used because it was too cold, and a 140watt inverter $10, plus taxes came to US$700, plus 712 miles @ 20c per mile (US$142) and gasoline an enormous ...
We were up and off early this morning.
Today was our last day before the turn in of our RV tomorrow
morning and return home later in the afternoon.
Trying to use up all our supplies or pack those items that
will travel well.
A few early morning mountain shots and we are on the road. A
stop at one of my favorite places, Tern Lake for some nice pictures of the
reflections of ...
... Black Bear coffee shop then proceeded to the Denali Visitor Center. Excellent movie on the park and beautiful displays. In the Gift Shop JK and I found an amazing cobalt blue vase-like glass piece reminiscent to us of the magnificent mts and rugged ranges of Alaska. Traveled on toward Fairbanks. Along the way we passed in Nenana the Bed and Maybe Breakfast and further down the road, Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn!! That's Alaska! Ate great hamburgers ...
... at Anchorage, some markets and took photos in front of the dog statue which commenerates the start of Iditarod race.
We had a motel booked just north of Anchorage. Motel wasn't ready so took a drive around. People had seaplanes parked out the back of their homes on lakes with pontoon ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!