Puffin Place Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews Puffin Place Hotel Anchorage
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... trip went smoothly with yet another knowledgeable driver
We arrived in Talkeetna.. was more like an old hippie commune than a town..
It went and bought me an ice cream straight off...
I think the town exists on the tourists arriving to get the train to Anchorage..
Even the rail depot had no building or ...
... hike, I was really afraid someone was going to fall all the way down! We were able to find a patch a snow we could get to and took a picture. Of course there was a gift shop and we bought an ornament made from moose poop!
Wildlife Conservation Center: we enjoyed our stop here, using another Northern Lights coupon. We saw all the animals, except no porcupine.... The brown bears had been fed recently, one was ...
Our first day in Anchorage was spent doing shopping and other chores. We went to Costco and Lowes for supplies. I thought I had the roof repaired before we left, but a leak developed and in turn a ceiling stain. I was able to stop the leak and clean up the stain for now.
Our campground is the Municipal Campground and has very large spaces with trees and a moose with two ...
Up early, but our disembarking time was about 9am. After meeting Andy, Tour Leader for the Alaskan part of the trip and Bus driver Jerry we were on our way to Anchorage. We travelled the Seward Highway, after leaving Resurrection Bay. Their are still mountains surrounding us, but grass covered, more rolling with less trees and where there are trees, much smaller than in the forests we have seen. One of the small towns we passed was Moose ...
... 8220;tipple” (blue building) and loaded on trains. The Healy clean coal plant was built as a demonstration (burning coal waste to generate power). They couldn’t meet emission standards so was closed down A smaller plant has almost passed and is more successful (burns coal from Usibelli coal mine). Coal in this area is sub-bituninous, very young. It has high calcium, water content. Burns clean.
At ~242 mi from Anchorage, we started thru a long, ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!