Travel Blogs from Rome
... right above me was such a humbling experience.
After exploring the rest of the ridiculous riches in the Vatican, we walked back across the river to our apartment for a siesta. That's where we are now.
Went to dinner at the restaurant right across the street from the place yesterday. Then we walked downtown for a bit near the Vittoriano and got-- you guessed it-- gelato.
Now, sleep time.
... alone, all in a very dimly lit room & with requests for silence in several languages & a few were trying to photograph despite all the notices. It is a wonderful room but it lost its charm with so many there & after seeing the works of Raphael, closer up in smaller ones.
Grateful to have completed the route march we set off to find a place to feed but in our usual crazy way we thought we should get nearer to home before doing so, so we ...
The train from Venice to Rome hit speeds of 247kms an hour.....I have never travelled on land that fast....you don't realise just how fast you are going until you see cars on the highway...and you just zoom passed them.....impressive. Nikki has a cold so we have been taking it easy....but today she saw the shops and felt a bit better...we thought we would just go for a short walk to the shopping street....but one amazing site led us on the the next and we ended up walking ...
... looked like a vomit soup. She said it tasted disgusting and a few of the boys tasted it too and said it was horrible. It looked so bad, so I was glad that it wasn't vegetarian friendly, it gave me a good excuse to not taste it. I got to fulfill my lifelong dream of going on a gondola in Venice! Sophie, Em, Lisa and I bought captains hats to wear on the gondola, I thought that my idea was so cool and original until we rocked up to the meeting point and half of ...
... to try it again. It was nowhere near as good as before.
We finally got into the Pantheon, but it was so crowded that you could barely get around. It is very beautiful inside. Of all of the roman buildings ever built, this is one of the few that have remained virtually intact. It is the largest free-standing dome in Europe. It is very impressive to see the marble on the walls.
We wandered around and eventually ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Platinum Residence Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72