TripAdvisor Reviews Platinum Residence Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... the bus driver with her could not even give us directions to get to a supermarket to get some toiletries! "It's just three blocks down Via Piemonte" nothing else! After walking beyond that and turning the corner asking a man with a newspaper he said walk four block and turn left. We followed that and still nothing. Walking into a shop and asked the sales assistant, she said she was not from the area and had no idea! So we retuned with no success. Not ...
... is in awe of the driving "skills" the Italians possess. I think we both enhanced our vocabulary! I always thought the phrase 'mamma mia' was strictly Hollywood, but apparently not. It's the real deal and comes with a few hand gestures. We couldn't check into the hotel until 2:00 so we stashed our bags and headed to the Trevi Fountain. I'm not the best navigator on foot ...
... The self portrait though is somewhat distorted and of concern!! From here we when into St. Peter's which was breath taking and what I was expecting the Chistine Chapel to be like! We found ourselves right in the middle or a procession/confirmation/ baptism down the middle which topped off our day in Vatican city. Unfortunately by the time we got our the dome was closed so we couldn't walk the 400 odd steps to the top such a shame!
The night was ours from ...
On Thursday night we headed out to see Rome at night. We found a lounge named Scholars Lounge Irish Pub. It was an American friendly club and mostly everyone spoke english. It was nice to be in a place where the people spoke the same language as you. It was pretty crowded in there but we were able to find a little table to stand at. After most of the soccer games ended we were able ...
... to a close. Not without though our final stop to the Colosseum. What a magnificent, imposing looking building it is and the view from inside is crazy. If you close your eyes you can almost see the gladiators doing battle with like or again wild animals....wait, hang on that's me fantasising about Russell Crow......only joking.....lol....but really it is just fantastic to see. I got some great panoramic shots on the camera, unfortunately not the iPhone so i can't show you but it ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82