TripAdvisor Reviews Platinum Residence Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... saw big buildings, I’m sorry
grand statues. People at our hostel like to party, but I sleep right through
Amanda- At Our Chalet I went on a hike with Mariah and Megan. It was
neat to see the family run woodcarver’s shop where they can carve names into
anything that you bought. After that I got to go abseiling which was really
scary at first but after I went down the first drop it wasn’t ...
... bones as souvenirs. Then I walked back (past a couple of cool things like the colosseum and Roman baths but I didn't stop as I will be seeing the colosseum tomorrow) and this was my day essentially. Or it was going to be, but then dinner happened. So we were getting ready for dinner and I felt a bit like dressing up so I went to the trouser decreasing board to try and get out the horrendous wrinkles in my dress. As I opened it the wooden ...
... the Sisteen chapel. Seeing Raphael and Michelangelo's masterpieces was unreal.. Can scratch that off the ol bucket list! After our tours we walked around town, had lunch and found a Harley Davidson! That was cool.. Managed to lose 9 hours and headed back to the hotel, spruced a bit and then took the hotel shuttle back downtown to eat dinner and go on a Ghost tour. We went to a place called Abbeys ...
... starting the day by finding the office where our travel pack thing with several cards and other info for our travels around. We had an address and directions, so we (mistakenly) thought it would be easy to find - walk for 20 mins and done. That was perhaps based on knowing where you are, which is not always clear. It would be easier with the odd SIGN or 2, but there must be some ancient law against that because they are seriously lacking. So the 20 mins became 2 ...
... and the safety rail has fallen off. There is more but it's icky so I won't share! But, the beds are comfortable and the internet works, so I will complain no more. We went right downstairs for pizza. And what do ya know, there was gelato right down the road. And they had two vegan flavors - hazelnut and chocolate. We ate our gelato on the steps of the fountain in the square, like the rest of the Romans. ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
125, Via Vittorio Veneto, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Sannomiya Station, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $69
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Via Aurelia Km 8,400, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82