No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Rome
... end of the chapel behind the altar is Michaelangelo's, "The Last Judgment" another reason Michaelangelo was so loved and adored by the Popes of his time. Our tour continued into St. Peter's Basilica. Calling it "big" is an understatement. It's so immense that 60,000 worshippers can stand on the six acres at the same time. Our guide carried a little metal antennae with a little flag on the tip to help us keep track of her and because I stop so much to snap ...
... time for cooking!!)
We visited a national park and had a great long walk through to a lookout, drank our now obligatory cappuccino in the morning and black coffee or espresso in the afternoons. They are only about 1 euro each here so having a few out and about which is great and they are made so much better than France. Made some home made Spaghetti Vongole (clams) at the campsite which was pretty tasty I am informed but tricky to make on ...
... and have our special dinner to remember Grandad, as we can't be there for his celebration service.
Stephen and Rechelle came with us for the first part, as we were all a little unsure of the public transport. It turned out quite fine and didn't take too long to get back to St. Peter's Square, where we said goodnight to each other. It was beautiful in the square as the sun was setting, and there was barely anyone around. Finally, a taste of beautiful ...
· the traffic on our street is loud. Lots if honking. Have to close the shutters & wear earplugs at nite. Deaf Roger is sleeping fine without them. There are benefits to being deaf. ;) Ended up sleeping in til 9:30 as a result, which we needed. · thunderstorms last nite and raining today, our first real rain day. We've been lucky weather-wise. · off on the bus to the "Heart of Rome" to do the walking/audio tour. · Main thing on the walking tour was the Pantheon. Didn't ...
... which turned out that he wanted one of us to read the second lesson. Any one of us would have failed miserably. The service left us moved and feeling great. We stopped in at a bar having apperatif. Our guide yesterday told us that Romans have dinner after 8:30 and have apperitif prior to that. Apperitifs are served with the purchase of a drink or wine and can usually substitute for a meal for those without much means. Inside this bar, we met Tim ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Platinum Residence Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72