Travel Blogs from Rome
... make back across the river and to the Vatican. The Vatican and St Peters were spectacular to say the least. Impressive artworks and sculptures throughout the city state, provide clarity to the huge crowds that descended. In crowds far worse then we have ever seen in Disneyland or even Oxford St, London last week, we soaked up the atmosphere of this holy city. So the verdict? If not for the crowds and the lack of information (that was free), the Vatican museums would be on par ...
... front (a.k.a. acopolis poles) are monolithic, meaning they were built from 1 stone, and the majority of the structure is still standing after having been built 2000 years ago...there is a hole in the roof of the dome in the main building left there as a sun dial (or the see the stars, or something) and when it rains the rain just falls right into it...it even snowed in there once!
but the COLOSSEUM was definitely my Rome highlight and possibly the highlight of ...
... I can sleep when I get back to America. I feel like since I get up so early, I have so much time to do everything I want to do! Sadly, I only have eleven or so days left in Italy. I had a minor freak-out today and made a list of everything I still have to do before I leave, like museums or churches I want to visit. It's crazy, but I think I'll be able to get it all done!
On Monday for class we were studying Renaissance architecture so we walked ...
... yemiş yutmuşsunuzdur.
Dışarıdan birkaç resim yeter..
Aynı yer de, Mohicanların sonu gibi antik Romalıların sonunu simgeleyen Constantin Takı var onu da unutmayınız…O önemli...
Buradan metromuza binip İspanyol merdivenlerine geldik.
Bugün bedava ...
... passport. She would have to take an over night train home since you cant fly without a passport.
After finding a train for Kelly and rob to go home on at 7:45 we wanted to go out one more time to not end the trip on a bad note. We went to the Trevi fountain and the pantheon. The Trevi fountain was so amazing. It was filled with people everywhere. I did the traditional throwing a penny over my left shoulder. It was one of my favorite places in ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Platinum Residence Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $465
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $210
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $96
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $62
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $67
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $70
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $115
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $80
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $85
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71