TripAdvisor Reviews Platinum Residence Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... gelato (I tried pompelma, which I think was pomelo as it was a lovely tart citrus) to get us home and found our graffitied apartment door eventually and hauled ourselves up the 54 stone steps.
The next morning we headed for the Pantheon, as I had never been there. Peter wanted to call in at the French national church on the way, San Luigi dei Francesi, to have another look at the amazing Caravaggio painting there, The Calling of Matthew ...
... founding in 753 BC. Rome is one of the oldest continuously occupied cities in Europe. It is referred to as "The Eternal City" (Latin: Roma Aeterna)  and "Caput Mundi" (English: Capital of the World), two ...
... An occasional gull flies over, and a lizard crawls over the wood on the deck to sun himself. On the menu, omlet du formaggio with tomato, fruit, and toast with butter. The meal, enhanced by the view, is outstanding. We are energized for our return trip up the mountain.
The family us waiting for us when we arrive. Lunch today is at la casa di Maria. She us the wife of my dad's cousin who passed away last year. Silvano was ...
... on the bus said to get off on the first stop over the bridge. Easy!
What was not easy was getting on the No. 64. It was chocoblock both middle and back doors packed to the edge, so being an "almost Roman", I calmly walked to the bus and stepped up! People stepped back slightly and there I was ....... just on! The doors slid shut and I breathed out....a little.....and grabbed for a hand hold as the bus jerked away from ...
... beef flavor. The cheese was also pretty tasty. Paul and Peggy had the scallops which they loved as well.
Our lunch came to a close way too fast, but it was nice to catch up and have a laugh or two and reminisce a bit of the good old days. Peggy drove us back to the airport and we are now a few minutes from boarding our flight to Rome. I'm sitting here with fingers crossed and prayers going out to Our Lady of the Upgrades in ...
Other places to stay in Rome
401 17th Street, Denver | 2 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
125, Via Vittorio Veneto, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $153
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Cape May | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Via Principe Amedeo 3, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82