TripAdvisor Reviews Platinum Residence Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
Monday, December 8, 2014
So today was the beginning of our last week in Rome and concurrently the beginning of our last week in Italy. Both of us are actually feeling very sad about that – not just because the holiday is coming to an end but more because we have come to really love Italy and will miss many things about it. We set out today for the Baths of Caracella which was about half an ...
Fortunately for me, Rachael’s parents had organised a trip to the States to see some friends and catch up with us. This I hoped, would give me some one on one time with her father Danny who is pretty much the coolest dad anyone could ask for.
There were only a handful of occasions where ...
... feet of me and everyone around me. Not once, or twice, or three times, but four times he passed right in front of us. It was tempting not to run out to him! But, we all exercised our best self-control. It was incredible to see this man so close. Just like all of the Saints, you hear about the Pope and what he's done but it's hard to actually know he's a real person. Yet, there he was, in the flesh. A great and humble man leading the Church by example. Although I ...
... Wanted 10 euro... Went inside the Pantheon...massive inside tall rounded ceiling with a skylight cut out that let the sun come in and cast light around, I guess without reading the info that it would change as the sun moves....was this in the Divinci code.?? There were markings on the floor also one of which was fenced off. Took some photos, then made our way through the people to outside....avoiding Mr Gladiator. ...
... streets of Avignon looking at the sights, The biggest gothic Palace ( Le Palais des Papes) this is a UNESCO world heritage site, bears the mark of the nine popes who succeeded one another. There is a golden statue of Virgin Mary ( weighing 4.5 tons ) stands on the dome of Romanesque Cathedral, her outstretched arms protecting the city. Next to the cathedral , hilltop ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82