TripAdvisor Reviews Piper Residence Stockholm
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
We were up reasonably early today, got dressed and headed down to the complimentary breakfast. It was outstanding…a great selection and providing more than enough energy for the walking ahead. Our plan for the day was to check out of the hotel but leave our luggage there while we walked along the water to Gamla Stan (the old, historic part of Stockholm) and then return to the hotel and make our way over to the ship for ...
... neither one of us was 24!
So, we settled on the idea of my joining a class at the Beginning C level...above those who were illiterate or had no education or exposure to Swedish, whew...that was a relief!
Then as we discussed where I would take classes (there are many options) she showed me the upcoming schedule...NOT one class would be starting before July 28!
My disappointment was complete....I wanted Swedish and I wanted it ...
... the 'land of the Midnight Sun' so we cruised all the way in some form of daylight.
We docked in Stockholm just before midnight and rather than going to bed we went for a stroll through the district made famous by the movie .. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Next day we visited the Old City and ventured into the Royal Palace to view the Changing of the Guard, and then toured the rest of the ...
... heading out to start exploring. Stockholm is a really vibrant, fresh and clean city everyone is very trendy and well dressed and they all speak perfect English! For our first day we decided to walk along the river front to the end of this particular little peninsula where most of the city's history/culture attractions can be found. We visited three of the most famous over the course of the day.
Stop One: Nordiska Museet
This was a ...
Arrived in Stockholm on the slow train from Copenhagen. Obviously a commuter train - stopped many stations with slow journey between. Finally sped up with views to water and trees in the last hour. Train half hour late getting into Stockholm. Took taxi to hotel, road works for a tube station - similar to Copenhagen, So taxi had to weave around side streets, one-way ...
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147