PC Hooft Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews PC Hooft Hotel Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
Once again, the local weather forecast predicted high temperatures in the mid-50s, with partly cloudy skies. As we walked south along the Kalverstraat, in the general direction of the Museumplein, it was a bit on the chilly side when we reached the Rembrandtplein, a major square in central Amsterdam named after the famous painter Rembrandt van Rijn.
This square had its origins in the defensive walls constructed during the Middle ...
From my seat on the plane home it's time to look back and review the trip! A fairly uneventful experience getting the bike on the plane. I took everything out of the 32kg bike box and packed it into my Chinese shopping bag, I got the box wrapped by one of those special wrapping machines as my box was falling apart. It did a mediocre job! At check in I was told my bike was 3kg over the pitiful 23kg limit! $200 charge!? No thanks. Back to the wrapping man, he helped me unwrap ...
... that was way over priced for the quality and taste of the food. Kelley, Adalia Haley and I wondered around the streets after dinner and went in to The Bulldog and had a few Heineken's. While we were in here we met three guys from London who had just came over for the weekend. By chance we caught one of the last trams back to the hotel. We thought we were going to have to take a ...
Countryside & Windmills Tour: Zaanse Schans, Marken & Volendam
- start: 12:30pm
- end: 6:00pm (18:00)
... coffeeshops. When I heard about them before this trip I thought it was a joke and it couldn't be true. Oh it's true. And real. But I really doubt they sell a lot of coffee. We made our way to the red light district. And we learned a valuable lesson... Don't go in the day. Apparently they only send the chubbers out for the day shift. Dan was disappointed. Hahahahah On our journey home we passed by the science museum which had a cool rooftop with what looked like a ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant