PC Hooft Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews PC Hooft Hotel Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
GOOD MORNING An early start to the day, we were bused from Novotel, Hammersmith to St Pancres Station to board the Eurostar to Brussels, calling at Calais, Lille, arrived at Brussels met our Tour Director Beatrix (B) at the Railway Station and boarded our coach ready for our drive to Amsterdam. Luckily for us It was a car free dab in Brussels, that enabled us to pass through the City rather quickly. Brussels is the capital of Europe, many ...
... a traveler, we’re off!
We decided to upgrade to Business class on KLM Royal Dutch Airlines….BEST.MOVE.EVER! We arrived upstairs to take our seats – 72 J & K only to find them occupied. He was on his iPhone, she was reading some romance novel (they still sell those with Fabio on the cover?). I looked up, looked down and politely mentioned that we had a problem. And that would be you two in ...
... The Milkmaid by Vermeer. It is also worth visiting the collection of Delft ceramics, the collection of dollhouses (no, seriously), the maritime room, and the impressionist room where they do have one self portrait by Van Gogh. Since the Dutch Master Gallery was so crowded and many of the Rembrandt paintings were quite large, I have included some thumbnail images here as well as my own photos.
I am a Vermeer fanatic to begin with. I love the richness of the ...
... use to carry up furniture. They cant get it up the stair because their appartments are so thin - there is taxing on how many square feet of ground space you take up, so people optimize their space vertically. Which means they cant get their furniture up the stair haha. I also did a bike tour of the city which was really interesting.
The weekend after I visited Amsterdam, I got to visit a nearby town (in Friesland) with the son of the dutch people I was staying ...
... I have no idea why but I was just absolutely exhausted. Quite possibly because the last 6 weeks of traveling finally caught up with me, but I slept for another 5 hours until everyone came back from their day out around 6pm. There was a pub crawl scheduled for that night, and even though I was still exhausted I figured getting out of bed and forcing myself to stay awake was better than ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant