PC Hooft Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... The highlight of tonight's meal came from Moederpoes (mooder-puss), the cat. She was so adamant at getting a piece of turkey, that we had to put her outside and place a stepladder in front of the cat door so she couldn't get in. That worked for a while, but somehow she managed to get in through the door anyway... twice! The last time, she made it up onto the table where we had the turkey under a big pot. We finally saw her there because ...
... a lovely country town, land that time forgot almost. There is a carillon which marks the quarter hours and lots of picturesque streets and canal walks. This is the city town of the area and fiercely non conformist (as opposed to Volendam which is Catholic). One of the local churches was interesting in that it had lost it's nave (through decay!) and just the main tower remained - but it is still in use!! Heading south over night to more sights!
It was a good expedition into the countryside passing Rotterdam in transit and seeing the islands, bridges and water ways of Zeeland. There seem to be a lot of traditional windmills but Ria tells me it didn’t seem so to her as she remembers many more from when she was a child. Findlays Tomtom (GPS) wasn’t co-operating very well however and so we didn’t get to where he had hoped but, despite the flu ...
... downtown and got some dinner and drinks and then headed to a square where there were a bunch of clubs and bars. It was a lot of fun.
The next morning we got up early and went to the Anne Frank house. Thank goodness we didn't have to wait in line because it was pouring rain even harder than the day before! It was so interesting and just really surreal. Actually seeing the bookcase in front of the tiny staircase that lead to their ...
Father's Day started out great, as when we were picked up this morning by Ed and Carmen, Mark drew a picture for me, all rolled up with a ribbon.
All of us piled into the car, and drove to Amsterdam. We parked at the arena on the outer part of the city, and took the metro into the centrum. Parking inside the centre is hard to find, so this worked out fine. We did the same, last time we were here.
TripAdvisor Reviews PC Hooft Hotel Amsterdam
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $194
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $60
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $203
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $69
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $198
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $90
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $89
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $233
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $131
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $232
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $201
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $101
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $113
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant