PC Hooft Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews PC Hooft Hotel Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... I fell in love with a city that I was scared to go to. Amsterdam is so much more than the two things that give it such a bad reputation. It is a city of so many beautiful canals, where everyone rides bikes to get around, tulips are every where to be seen, and those little hard clogs are sold on every corner. The people are so nice and friendly, and so different than I had expected. This weekend completely changed my views on the city and I would go back in a heartbeat.
... for visitors to the city is 'The Heineken Experience' , but, after three years in Brunei, with this being one of the limited selection of tasteless mass-produced beers available at the border, I wasn't going near the place! Having googled 'Dutch craft beers', I found the Arendsnest, which offers 300+ of them, in a tasteful canal-front bar with natural wood decor, no tv screen, board games such as Scrabble & Trivial Pursuit on a shelf, ...
... We biked around Heemskerk and the neighbouring town beverwijk. I am really enjoying biking around, if only my bike was lower I would feel a little more safe. We got in and made our pizza and showered up. At 6:44 we were on the train into Amsterdam to go to the Anne Frank museum/house. There was a bit if a line but it went fast. The tour starts by taking you through the warehouse, the stock rooms and offices then works it's way up and into ...
... favourably on my carpe diem attitude and dutifully provide me with three good looking Englishwomen, one being the tour guide. I'm in no physical or mental state to worry myself though, coughing, quietly dying, struggling to retain information in my sieve like brain. As a result of all this I remember only a few things, those that stuck in my mind were:
- The church in the red light district was strategically placed, offering penance to sailors in exchange for coin, ...
... from our room joined us at 11, Bruno and Viviana. After a bit of wandering we found a nightclub with free entry but headed off just after one. A little while chatting and now I'm in bed. Only 3am, early one compared to Contiki. Haha.
Chatting is interesting as Viviana is from Argentina and speaks as much English as I speak Spanish. Good practice for next week. Bruno speaks English and Spanish, albeit with a massive ssstutter, so he helps when I get ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant