PC Hooft Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews PC Hooft Hotel Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... get in their way or they'll bowl you over.
Only a few pics so far today because of the weather - more tomorrow hopefully.
Greg went for a guided tour of the red light district tonight while Sandy stayed on the ship. Sandy had seen this before. Greg's opinion was that it looked like a display cabinet in a butcher's shop.
Time for a nanny nap and hopefully we'll wake up to more decent weather.
... Mom and I checked the luggage, while dad parked the car. We met up with Mimi at security, and luckily she also got TSA Precheck! Precheck makes everything so much easier, and in a snap we were through the security line and on to the delta crown room! When we got there, they let all of us in under dads membership, which was really nice because that meant Mimi didn't have to pay! (Which is very nice since it's about $50 dollars a day for the delta ...
Greg and I were up early and caught the tour bus to visit the tulips! First stop was a bulb farm where they showed us how the farming of all the bulbs works. The Netherlands produces 10billion bulbs a year! Mr. Janze and his son showed us the fields where all the bulbs are planted, talked about the crop rotation, disease control, and hybrid development which can take up to 10 years. If you notice ...
... our hearts and it's not just been the Netherlands that held our fascination, there was Belgium and in part 2, I will tell you about the trips taken as we negotiated three layered train stations and experienced freezing conditions ( and yes to those that will ask, colder than Christchurch,NZ).
Tomorrow we hit another train journey through Belgium and France on our way back to the UK ..... Oh damn I have just realised that we have to get those suitcases back down the stairway from ...
... most powerful memoirs of the Holocaust. Its message of courage and hope in the face of adversity has reached millions. The diary has been translated into 67 languages with over 30 million copies sold and movies have been made too.
Before taking the tram back, we stopped at a grocery store and picked up a few things for dinner since we weren't real hungry. Then we took the tram back to Centraal Station. I stepped off the tram with ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant