PC Hooft Hotel
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... house" and the flower market.
By then we were ready to sit down for a bit and decided to take a canal tour through the city. We hit a couple of art galleries on the way back to Central Station to retrieve our luggage and catch a train to Schiphol Airport. Then we caught a shuttle bus to our hotel where we collapsed for a while -- we walked almost 17,000 steps today!
Tomorrow it should be easier to maneuver without our ...
... Huis. This was about a 15 minute walk from where we were staying so we had no issues getting there for our 10:40 pre-booked appointment time. When we arrived there was a lineup that went clear around the block - maybe about a three or four hour wait to just get tickets. Tom had suggested that we pre-purchase tickets which we did. All we had to do was walk up to the appointment door - ring a buzzer and get let in immediately - wow we ...
... as a Painter', 'The Bedroom', 'The Yellow House' and 'The Potato Eaters'. As Van Gogh's paintings travel, I have seen many of them before so I find the museum's arrangement almost as interesting as the works of art. In one section, Van Gogh's paintings are hung next those of his friends and fellow artists and compared for style and reciprocal influences. On the top floor, the exhibits detail Van Gogh's artistic technique and 'habits'; I learn ...
... 7", I just automatically assumed that was my bed number. So as it turns out, I was supposed to be in the bunk next to Matt and Emma's, I just made the mistake of looking at the wrong number on my ticket. I apologized and the lady thought it was funny and just asked me to move to bunk 12 as soon as possible, so I did.
After relocating and getting up for the day, we walked around until we found a tour group. The tour guide was very nice and gave us ...
... at Fort Augustus but there were no boats going through at the time until just as we were leaving Fort William the next morning, there was a big boat going through which was great to see. We stayed 2 nights at Oban which was a very interesting place to explore, and went over to Mull and Iona for the day. We thoroughly enjoyed the bus trip and the 2 ferry rides each way and wished we had another day to go to the other end of Mull. The scenery was wild and ...
TripAdvisor Reviews PC Hooft Hotel Amsterdam
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant