Park Hotel Costanza
Travel Blogs from Rome
... course because the 'map' they gave out was rubbish. Saw some cool stuff, an unfinished da vinci, the last raphael before I got onto the main path of the museum where, more than anything, it was the sheer quantity of stuff that was the most amazing. Whole rooms filled with at least a hundred priceless statues complete with wall, floor and ceiling decoration. It would take too long to say everything but my memorable things were a corridor of roman busts, and a few were life size and ...
... and thus up the hill and back through the park to the hotel. It ended up being an 11km walk, a little longer than expected.
We went for dinner to the other restaurant recommended to us by the HA lady when we arrived. It was slightly closer (a five minute walk from out hotel) and was called Fiore di Zucca. It seemed slightly more up-scale than last night’s restaurant but also felt like more of a ...
... upbeat so I'm not going to mention how we needed to sleep on this plane but it seemed to be filled with a dozen crying babies and the cramps in our legs kept us awake. :) We took our first steps off the plane in Rome and were hit with a wonderful warm wind. A few minutes later we were finally experiencing what Rome's massive heat wave really feels like. We were drenched by the time we got to ...
... we finally found Vatican City, there were a ton of people around and a huge line to get in. There were also a lot of people with huge banners but we couldn't see what they said. When we got there we decided to go toward the Vatican Museum as a tip from a friend told us the line was shorter. We should have known that something was up when there was no line to get into the museum and that something was that the museum was closed for the day. ...
... that was it!
After the girls finished their tour we hunted down the Trevi fountain to throw in a few coins for 1. Luck and 2. Finding our one true love and also cleansed ourselves with a drink from its famous water. It was then a hunt for a pizzeria the hotel man had strongly recommended, looked dodgy as hell so we didn't go BUT we stumbled across the best gelato I've yet to encounter in Europe (and believe me, I've eaten alot). Score!!
TripAdvisor Reviews Park Hotel Costanza Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72