Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... compared to the places I normally stay at. And there were tons of porters at the front door, who were enthusiastically telling us, "welcome back." But we had to so, “no, welcome!” It was funny. And they carried our bags right inside for us. Which was good because there were stairs. We quickly checked in and then quickly went to the restaurant for some food. I’d had nothing since lunch, and it was my past my normal dinnertime. Mom hadn’t eaten ...
We had originally planned to stay in Miami for five days however when we looked at accommodation in the Miami Beach area, it became extremely expensive at the weekend. So instead we decided to spend two nights in Miami, one night in Titusville (near the Kennedy Space Centre) and two nights in Orlando. This is how it unfolded.
In Miami Beach we stayed at the Catalina Hotel and Beach Club which was quite a trendy hotel on the main drag, Collins ...
... his leadership and for the encouragement this has meant to him. He has so appreciated us being there and affirming him in this way. It is so good that we will be catching up with him regularly on skype. We know he will need the on-going encouragement and support as he confronts the challenges before them there. Plus it makes the good-byes easier!!!
So our trusty taxi driver, Frank, was there to pick ...
... on our way Gator spotting.
We got to the Anhinga trail where we were directed to and within 5 minutes of getting out of the car we had spotted our first gator. This wasn’t to be our last either. As we walked along the boardwalks coming to the main lake, there were gators everywhere. I’d have to say we saw at least 20 all different sizes. Not only were there gators, there was a whole different array of birds, fish and turtles. I really enjoyed walking around ...
... wanted one night.
At least we could get internet in the street and checked for local hotels, all really expensive. We ended up settling for the Holiday Inn, at least I get the points. We had a stroll along the beach, it is nice but nothing special compared to Australia. We have only booked in for 1 night and are going to set off for Key Largo tomorrow. It’s not somewhere that will be on my return list ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Paradise Inn Miami Beach
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $83
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!