Pacific Inn and Suites
Travel Blogs from Los Angeles
So I made it to LAX on time and my bag was first on the carousel as promised. After walking outside to the international terminal (yes the easiest way to get around LAX is outside on foot) I arrived at a heaving checkin line at Qantas. It took over 30 minutes to get to the front, only to find my Visa was not connected to my passport. That took a bit to resolve and then another question. Anyway, I am at the gate waiting to board for part 2 of the ...
... went back upstairs and had a nap while I went for a walk. A couple of blocks down Santa Monica Boulevard noticing many cafes etc then up to Sunset Boulevard. I walked a few blocks east on Sunset taking photos of nightclubs and shops and then back down to Santa Monica and home. By now it was after 8pm and starting to get dark.
We went back down to K24 intending to sit out and watch the passing parade again but it ...
... nary a star in sight. We did get to go on the sound stages for Two & a Half Men, Two Broke Girls and Big Bang Theory. It's absolutely fascinating to see how it's all put together. Its not terribly far from any other stage production... Just on a larger scale.It did kinda spoil the "magic" a bit, I must admit. Jet lag was setting in but we wanted to hit some more things on ...
... spent sleeping off another boozy night (and the food baby) before hitting the Santa Monica beach. We had a lovely day. It was sunny but not too hot, and the city of Santa Monica was a beautiful sight. We walked along the pier to end of route 66, Dan had two snakes wrapped around his neck, we saw an iguana, dipped in the Pacific ocean, found Nemo, played on the swings, before ending it with darts in a British pub. There was a very British feel to Santa Monica surprisingly, ...
... were sadly not beaten and I still woke up regretting the many margaritas from the night before, but we threw on our gym clothes and headed to Runyon Canyon for a hike and hopefully celebrity spotting! (everyone who's anyone does this track) No celebrity spottings, but we had a great hike up to the top and around the Canyon, probably good to get our butts moving and burn some of our american treats off!
Next up this eve... basketball game!
TripAdvisor Reviews Pacific Inn and Suites Los Angeles
Other places to stay in Los Angeles
Central LA, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $411
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Service - Small Rooms
- Great down town location!
Beverlywood, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $236
- Very good hotel, but poor location
- Could do much worse!
- Beverly Hills Bargain
Central LA, Los Angeles | 5 star hotelfrom $463
- An extravagent gem, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons
- Tips for staying at the Four Seasons
- Annoying Brunch
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $141
- 5 star quality for a deep discount!
- Nice and Easy
- Sheraton LAX
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $135
- This is a Westin?????
- Not what I was expecting
- Best airport hotel EVER!
Universal City, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $206
- Probably Not Worth the $$
- Great location, no complaints
- Great Hotel, great location
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $137
- Great room shame about the Sports Bar
- Convenient with Helpful Staff!
- "top hotel"
Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- Great Hotel
- Don't stay here
- Great service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Loved the Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens
- Great Hotel - Wonderful Stay- Will Come Back
- Never stay at this hotel again.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $262
- Hotel und Service wundervoll
- Ein wundervolles Luxushotel
- Hidden Gem In Los Angeles
Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Terrific value
- Great Stay
- Paper thin walls, good room service
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $194
- Terrible place for the high price
- Great Place!
- Corner Rooms have great Downtown Views!
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $165
- Pick your room carefully!
- A Delightful experience
- Nice Hotel
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $123
- Not bad, but not great either.
- Comfy and worth every Penny!
- It was comfy!!!
Central L.A, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- It was OK
- Terrible Hotel
- Just Okay
Downtown/Wilshire, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $145
- Ok for business - not for a vacation
- Gorgeous Hotel
- Movie star glamour at the Biltmore
Westchester, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Nice, Clean, and Comfortable
- Liked the Room, Hated the Intrusions
- Not So Bad
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $110
- Stay next door
- The best pre-flight stop we have had
- Rooms seemed old and need updating
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Okay, but not fantastic
- Worst nights sleep ever
- LAX Hilton OK but beware of the front desk clerks.
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- A Nice Place to Stay...on an Expense Account
- Elegant Hotel, good location
- Top of it's class
Warner Center, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $124
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $183
- This hotel was one of the best parts of our visit to Los Angeles
- Fantastic Find
- A great surprise
LAX Area, Los Angeles | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Pretty crappy, even for the low price we paid
- Decent value for a night or two...
- Fine for a night
Westside, Los Angeles | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Totally AWESOME!
- Never Again
- The MOST comfortable beds ever!