Oriental Pearl Hostel Hong Kong
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Hong Kong
After a nice flight, I landed in Hong Kong earlier than planned, but still quite late in the evening. I followed the instructions I had with my reservation to find the hostel and it was easy to get there. The room is tiny, about 4 square meters with 2 bunk beds, wifi access, an en-suite shower with toilet in it and air conditioning. There were some …
Hong Kong is like London...but better!
The hostel we stayed in was a complete joke. It was in an establishment called Chunking Mansions which is basically a prison....filled with hostels and Indian men trying to sell you things. The hostel room itself was a cu´pboard with 2 bunk beds and a bathroom shoved in. Only 1 person could be stood …
... This place never stops and the development that goes on is amazing. They just seem to reclaim more and more land and build, build, build.
This time we did not dally, so it was an easy transfer to the airport in readiness for our afternoon departure to Tokyo.
But we managed to sit-down and spend time catching-up with and an old friend and 'longtime' resident of Hong Kong, Ray Cantelo. It was an enjoyable interlude but ... all too short.
... even bother because it probably would have been just the same experience with different characters. I'll go some other time when I have people to go with. So that left several days of just wandering around the city, not really knowing what to do. Victoria Harbour and the other sightseeing spots would be better with friends.
WOW. I feel like all I've done is complain about Hong Kong. Yeah, it wasn't the best time I've ever had in my life, but it also wasn't the worst. ;)
... for some reason, there was also a gong they could hit... Which they did, and most annoying it was. I imagine it was a gong of shame, reminding all of us foolish non pre-ticket bookers to be smarter next time. But the trip up the cable car was very nice, and every now and then you would hear people who were walking up the hills yelling hi at us or each other. Id decided not to take the glass-bottomed cablecar as I like to see where Im going not where I could fall to my death. Anyway, ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Oriental Pearl Hostel Hong Kong
Other places to stay in Hong Kong
西方铜锣湾, Hong Kong | 2 star hotelfrom $100
- Brilliant place to stay!!
- Great Hotel
- Good value and great location
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $202
- Nice place, but a problem with noise
- Superbly appointed!
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $324
- Best views in town--and rooms are being renovated!
- IC Hong Kong
Central and Western, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $531
- Lost its charm.
- Nice hotel, Bad service
- Ranked #5 out of 6 (all five-star hotels in Central)
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Yes very good
- Breakfast to die for
- A superb Hotel
Kowloon City, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $179
- Wonderful hotel! Huge rooms by hong kong standards!
- Smart hotel, good location, great rooftop pool
- Fabulous location...
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Good, but not Great Value in Hong Kong
- Very accommodating hotel
- Nicely decorated room
旺角, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- Stinking Room
- Exceeded Our Expectations - Happy to Recommend
- Excellent Hotel - slightly out of tourist comfort zone
Island, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $168
- Nicest airport hotel I have ever stayed in
- Basic but Comfortable
Kowloon City, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- Welcoming, so friendly and helpful.
- Excellent But!
- Not bad...not great...
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $328
- Not that great!
- Beautifull Place
- Beautiful place with lots of problems
1, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $257
Sha Tin, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $143
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Was ok but wasn't that great...
- Holiday Inn, Golden Mile - The Place To Stay In Hong Kong
- Very unpleasant experience
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $186
- 5 start hotel at a great price
- Great HK hotel
- Very Good Hotel in Medium Range
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Great Location
- Great hotel but a bit far from the main shopping areas
- 5 * is one too many
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $271
- Great hotel, quiet & good location
- Quiet, refined and well located
- Worst experience ever
Central and Western, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $384
- One of the 3 Stooges
- Fabulous Service
- Great hotel, but second place within that square mile...
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $150
Central and Western, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $555
- Great Location
- A refreshingly young team, but not snobby like other 5 star hotels in Hong Kong
- One of the best hotels in Hong Kong
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $158
- A bit small
- Unbiased review
- Great for the price
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $107
- Chinese New Year at the Charterhouse
- Excellent hotel
- Good hotel in great location
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $106
- Decent hotel for the price
- Fine for the Price
- Good Budget Hotel
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- Good Hotel in Hong Kong
- Great Hotel
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Adequate and reasonable
- The Best Breakfast Buffet in the World
- Great Location, Clean Rooms, Hospitable Staff