Oriental Pearl Hostel Hong Kong
TripAdvisor Reviews Oriental Pearl Hostel Hong Kong
Travel Blogs from Hong Kong
... be of great help putting us in the right direction - something that should definitely be offered in the North American market as this is a real plus for a visitor to any city.
Our destination today was The Peak which is over on the Hong Kong Island side. We made our way to the Star Ferry Pier and grabbed the Star Ferry over to Hong Kong. The price per person here was $4.20HK which based on current exchange is less that $1.00. This ferry has been ...
... not interested in a knocked-off iPhone. So we retreat to our home district and have dim sum in a local restaurant for probably half the price, perfectly edible even though they are unlikely to be the city’s finest. Oh, if you demand the bill in HK they stand there till you pay, so have your money ready or else. I’m missing Japanese charm and service already…
We then return to the hotel to belatedly cash in our ‘welcome drink’ vouchers for a couple ...
... found a sign to Fung Shan and followed a steep path to Pilgrim’s Hall, a retreat run by the Lutheran Church, where we had booked a room for the night. It was a simple affair with loos outside, but a stunning location and lovely buildings. The evening meal was simple and nourishing and breakfast was toast and boiled eggs which was fine. On our way out, we chatted to the Dane/Brit who was running it for 6 months; the location had been developed by Nordic ...
... McDonald's on the planet watching the sun sink into the sea.
After this, we got a taxi back down the mountain and went in search of a gaming market, Mark had been recommended. Much like Kowloon, the market full of people squashed into tiny walkways. Mark wanted to buy himself a 3 DS and I used this opportunity to try to buy the latest Pokemon game but to my disappointment, I could not do this as games only work in consoles from the same region meaning that ...
We had a day-in today helping Sue get the apartment sorted while Norm was at work.
The first task was to put together the shelves we carried home from Ikea yesterday, for the pantry. This proved to be surprisingly easy and did not require an Allen key!
We were then able to create a bit more space in the kitchen and some of the other rooms. We went back to Ikea to get another shelf and some supplies ...
Other places to stay in Hong Kong
西方铜锣湾, Hong Kong | 2 star hotelfrom $91
- Brilliant place to stay!!
- Great Hotel
- Good value and great location
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Nice place, but a problem with noise
- Superbly appointed!
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $345
- Best views in town--and rooms are being renovated!
- IC Hong Kong
Central and Western, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $491
- Lost its charm.
- Nice hotel, Bad service
- Ranked #5 out of 6 (all five-star hotels in Central)
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $229
- Yes very good
- Breakfast to die for
- A superb Hotel
Kowloon City, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $173
- Wonderful hotel! Huge rooms by hong kong standards!
- Smart hotel, good location, great rooftop pool
- Fabulous location...
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $212
- Good, but not Great Value in Hong Kong
- Very accommodating hotel
- Nicely decorated room
Island, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Nicest airport hotel I have ever stayed in
- Basic but Comfortable
旺角, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $166
- Stinking Room
- Exceeded Our Expectations - Happy to Recommend
- Excellent Hotel - slightly out of tourist comfort zone
Kowloon City, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $124
- Welcoming, so friendly and helpful.
- Excellent But!
- Not bad...not great...
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $313
- Not that great!
- Beautifull Place
- Beautiful place with lots of problems
1, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $227
Sha Tin, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $143
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Was ok but wasn't that great...
- Holiday Inn, Golden Mile - The Place To Stay In Hong Kong
- Very unpleasant experience
No.72 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $142
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $188
- Great Location
- Great hotel but a bit far from the main shopping areas
- 5 * is one too many
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $247
- Great hotel, quiet & good location
- Quiet, refined and well located
- Worst experience ever
Central and Western, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $294
- One of the 3 Stooges
- Fabulous Service
- Great hotel, but second place within that square mile...
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $127
Central and Western, Hong Kong | 5 star hotelfrom $563
- Great Location
- A refreshingly young team, but not snobby like other 5 star hotels in Hong Kong
- One of the best hotels in Hong Kong
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $97
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A bit small
- Unbiased review
- Great for the price
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $87
- Chinese New Year at the Charterhouse
- Excellent hotel
- Good hotel in great location
Wan Chai, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $98
- Decent hotel for the price
- Fine for the Price
- Good Budget Hotel
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Good Hotel in Hong Kong
- Great Hotel
Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong | 3 star hotelfrom $94
- Needs upgrading
- A First Time in Hong Kong.
- Nice Clean Hotel