Olympian Palms Resort Hotel
Travel Blogs from Las Vegas
Today was pretty jam packed. Lots of fun and covered a good variety of things to do.
First up I visited the Richard Petty NASCAR experience day at the Vegas speedway. We were picked up from the Paris hotel and taken out to the track in a shuttle.
After being kitted up and ready to roll we set off on our 3 laps each. It was awesome, they are so loud and sounds great. The G forces into the corners ...
... new to us), are two Pelicans. The grounds are beautiful and there are many streams and waterfalls. Many people have their pictures taken here.
In the evening, John and I had dinner with two of his friends and their wives that are also in LV for the Expo. We went to Gilley’s at Treasure Island for great food and a fun time.
... what is over the hill when driving. Yes, folks, I have driven about 1-2 hours each day to give Dick a little respite. He is kind enough to try to give me the easy drives, hopefully, flat with not a lot of curves. Sometimes it worked out that way, and sometimes NOT, mostly did. I-70 going through CO and UT traffic was so different, very busy in lots of CO, and kind of desolate going through some of CO and much of UT.
We have gone from ...
... svelte in this place. Melissa had the most disgusting donut and also healthy cereal.I had cereal and a moderate cooked breakfast.
Gambled $2 to date, 1$ yesterday and 1$ today and it is so boring.
It's too far to walk most places we jumped in the car and parked at Treasure Island. Had a good look around there and took the shuttle to the ...
... flight was so unexpected - it was like flying in a tin cup, I decided not to think about it, it was unexpectedly smooth and incredibly exhilarating.. The views were extraordinary, we took in the whole of Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and then after 45 mins we flew up and over and into the GRAND CANYON... The biggest surprise was the Colorado river, which was totally brown, but totally breathtaking. We then are able to land and get half an hour to explore, the ...
Other places to stay in Las Vegas
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $56
- Ballys a great deal
- Fantastic Hotel
- Totally great! Friendly staff, large, clean rooms, and a perfect location on the Strip.
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- We'll be back again and again
- Won't be back - ever!
- The good and the bad...
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Had a Very Positive experience at Treasure Island
- We love it
- Loved Treasure Island
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 1 star hotelfrom $32
- Decent place, awesome price
- Good Location
- Close to the strip, basic, clean, park by your door
The Strip, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $95
- A BIG thank you
- Threatens Westin's good name
- Not really "Maxim in disguise"
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $42
- Expected more
- 'Second Home'
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $123
- Don't stay there!
- Don't stay here
- Very Disappointed
The Strip, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $28
- Good Value
- IP is a great deal for the price!
- Great location - decent rates & service
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 2 star hotelfrom $43
- The worst B.W.
- Decent hotel, good value for money!
Downtown/Fremont Street, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $54
- Never again!
- Let down
Enterprise, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $59
- Fabulous place - a winner A++++++++
- Don't go yet
- Overall Disappointed
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $34
- Stayed there
- It was great! But had some negatives.
- Hey -- It's a Fun Family Hotel
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $35
- "We're sorry, we're new"..... Phooey!
- Great place
- Recommend to all! Fun place!
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $26
- Great Stay at the Riv!!
- Stay Somewhere Else
- Wonderful Service
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $40
- Great Dealers and customer service
- Pleasantly impressed
- Great first experience of "Sin City"
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $45
- I'll never stay anywhere else...
- Tuscany is GREAT for the price
- Unprofessional Staff
Paradise, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- New Renaissance is Beautiful!
- A classy jewel - and quiet, too!
- Awesome Renaissance
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $203
- Nice clean too professionalle
- Great details
- The Four Seasons Las Vegas was excellent!
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- 3 Words....Won-Der-Ful!!!
- What a wonderful resort!
- Parking garage is confusing and difficult to find elevator if parking in tower 1
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $105
- Very noisy, quite a walk
- Gro▀artiges Hotel
- GREAT hotel
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- Wynn Stinks
- Wynn wins again
- Wait to Stay Here
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $150
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $105
- Perfect Location
- Still good, after all these years!
- Good Value!
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $175
- Brand new, first guest in suites 11-722 and 26-702
- Simply amazing
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $115
- Great Hotel, but these tips will help you have a better trip
- A Perfect Stay
- Fantastic place