Oceanfront Grand Hotel
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... heat to board (I mean embark) the ship. Waited and waited. By the time I finally received my onboard card I was in quite a bit of pain with my knee - and a very kind American lady who had noticed my discomfort fetched me a fruit juice. This was noticed by an equally kind lady in charge of boarding, who issued me with a priority boarding card which I was most grateful for. Finally I was in my cabin! Time for exploring my home for the next eighteen days. ...
... us. So we got to watch them turn around and then leave past us. And then it was our turn. We had some great views of downtown Miami when we turned around, and then some spectacular views of Miami Beach as we left. It was just at sunset, and an almost full moon had just risen over South Beach. By the time we completely left the port at Miami it was pretty dark out. And I got to see just how amazing my new camera is. It has a 42X zoom, and I took a close up of the moon that ...
... of him (most of you, I imagine!) Brad Paisley is a country music singer, and is very big in the USA.
On the way to West Palm Beach, we stopped at the Hard Rock Café and Casino in Hollywood (not to be confused with Hollywood in California which is definitely not within driving distance!) for some lunch and to have a look at the memorabilia there. Another one ticked off the list!
The concert was brilliant, and the venue was very cool. It ...
When we arrived in Miami last night at 10pm it was 29 degrees C and quite humid. We picked up our apartment keys and arrived at our 15th floor apartment in Brickell Ave around 11pm, the drive a short distance from the airport. Our apartment is lovely - see this link for photos http://picasaweb.google.com/tgarban/The Plaza#slideshow/5412319271221196962.
This morning we went for a walk for breakfast. We found a fast food place where I had ...
... 8217;s birthday. On the road again in the morning!
There were a lot of Cubans and Columbians here. Though I didn’t spot any suspicious little bags of white powder. Just a hooker or two leaving in the mornings from the hotels.
I think people throw their cars away after two or three years here too. Not an old dunger in sight.
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $83
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!