Oceanfront Grand Hotel
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... area, & it lies just south of Fort Lauderdale where I'm heading next. The 1st Cruise leaves from here on Saturday, to the Eastern Caribbean. Will spend tonight, Thursday in Hollywood Beach & Friday night in Fort Lauderdale. Last night was entertainment night, live music happening at many venues all along the beachfront for approx 1 km. Some of the pic's were taken on the way to the main venue, Mangoes Tropical Cafe, many taken at Mangoes itself. Live continuous ...
Our luggage is almost packed and as I take care of the this & that of leaving home for a month in Italy, I find myself daydreaming about the upcoming days. After all the months of planning where to stay, what to see, how much time driving each day, where to eat and crafting an "ideal itinerary", it's time to let that structure go - use it as a reference point and let the days flow and enjoy each day.
Each country ...
... and taking a free train but it was relatively painless once I'd asked a few people for directions on the way. As usual, the people were very helpful. I got off the bus at my designated stop in South Beach, or SOBE as it is known by the locals apparently, and phoned my accommodation host for further instructions. Now I should point out that for my accommodation in Miami, Washington DC, Chicago, Indianapolis and Denver, I am not staying at hotels. For those cities I ...
This morning we woke up on the floor after a ver rainy and loud night. Because of the hurricane and all the noise it made I couldn't sleep that well which is unusual because I normally sleep in any position and in any place without waking up once. I had this dream that the new sound system I bought got stolen out of the car outside, every time I woke up which was around 10-12 times I stood up and took a ...
... Deco District, a trip to the Cinema to see Batman and a transvestite show on Ocean Drive.
The walking tour was quite interesting, who new that Miami Beach is a separate city to Miami...? The art deco buildings nearly didn't survive a couple of economic crisis, the depression, world war 2 and hungry developers but its good to see they have been saved. The neighbourhood is so full of character. It gives it a rather unique feel.
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $83
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!