Oceanfront Grand Hotel
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... ride; about 45 minutes out of town. The boats slime gracefully across the everglades but certainly not quietly. The everglades are actually the world largest river (80 miles long). Just a very slow flowing one with water travelling less than a mile per day. We were soon seeing alligators hiding in the reeds and once the girls got used to the noise, loved the boat ride and seeing the ...
... t leave Miami Beach without spending a night in the bars and restaurants along Ocean Drive - there are plenty to choose from, depending on what you are looking for. More 'Coronaritas', and there seemed to be a fishbowl-sized cocktail on every table!
We also checked out the shopping along Lincoln Rd. Miami is a very cosmopolitan and multicultural place - as well as obviously a lot ...
... Station through Downtown Miami, winding around skyscrapers, past Miami Metro (where Dexter is filmed), the University and many impressive buildings. Theres a free monorail here too that gets you around the city. From Downtown, we headed along the waters edge, by Brickell along South Bayshore drive and the City Hall, through Coconut Grove to Coral Gables. This was an impressive and lush area of the city, a really green and wealthy ...
... said, 'have we missed the fight already?' Typical southie. The fort turned out to be average. A fight would have been better.
Miami was a bit of a culture shock. Firstly it is almost completely Spanish. Everyone speaks English but Spanish is the language of choice. There are loads of tramps and there is a deep rooted sexual undertone in almost everything. We actually saw a really funny thing happen. Walking down the street one day behind some ...
... has one daily nonstop from IAD to FLL and I didn’t want to risk flying standby and not getting a seat. The downside of flying on a regular ticket on another airline is I had to pay $60 to check my two suitcases with US Airways. Ouch! I tried to fit everything into one 50-pound bag last night, but when you are traveling for nearly two months, that is a nearly impossible task. It would have cost a staggering $90 to check an overweight bag, so I spread my ...
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $83
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!