Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... to leave the gate because they had to de-ice the plane. Then as soon as the plane pushed back, we just sat there for a long time. We finally started moving forward, but then stopped again. And just sat. The pilot finally announced that the airport had decided to switch the direction of their runways just after we had pushed back, and we were waiting for them to plow the new runways. By the time we finally left we were 1.5 hours late (5:45 pm instead of 4:15 pm).
After an amazing sleep on a mattress and the A/C, woke up feeling slightly groggy, but nothing that the freshest orange juice I have ever tasted could not fix! The second hang over cure was walking down to South Beach for a swim in the ocean! We all just floated there with the biggest grins on our faces thinking about all the times we had tried to get in the sea at Newquay ...
One our first night of this travel study, we spent our time learning about Cuba through the lens of Miami. Our previous research had told us that Miami is a strong anchor between Cuba and the US, both geographically and culturally. At the abode of one of our chaperones, Conrad Gleber, we heard from two speakers. Our first was Alyson, an Art History Professor who had spent a lot of time in the non- “Disneyland” parts of Cuba for research. ...
... as we enjoyed the sun rising in the eastern sky this morning, we now enjoy it setting in the western sky with a lovely display of colour.
And now for a live news update...... we are being entertained by 9 police cars arriving with sirens going and lights flashing, including a dog-handler, pulling up to the condominium directly across the road. Maybe this is CSI Miami live!!!!
... it to 20-0 which was just amazing.
2 April - Raw Supershow
Insane atmosphere at this show. The Rock came out the the ring at the start to address the adoring crowd. He thanked John Cena and said that it's not over and that he has his sights set on the championship which has me hopeful. If he comes back on a regular basis i will commit to being a full time wrestling fan once again. Tonight Brock Lesnar made ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Ocean Grande Miami Beach
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $83
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!