TripAdvisor Reviews Ocean Grande Miami Beach
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... many bars on the beach front that you couldn't walk past without them hassling you to eat at their establishment and ordered a simple salad and sandwich. The food prices actually seemed pretty reasonable for the location... but WARNING - no prices on drinks = total rip off!
We then headed back to our hostel and realised the sun was much stronger than we had anticipated as we had both burnt (although both wore suncream) unfortunately James was worse off as he had burnt ...
... is why I've decided Cozumel is more about the tequila and not the fish.
Two weeks and a day since we met Allison and Adriaan at the airport, we prepare to farewell again. Thankfully, this time it's only for 3 months not 9. Our first stop on this adventure was to South Beach, Miami. The last stop before we headed to the airport was also to South Beach, this time to spend 12 hours laying on the beach before our flights.
Similar to Bali, travelling ...
... by narrowing down the specific time frame that is best suited for at least a week long escape. In the last couple of years our family calendar seems to have been overtaken by soccer tournaments, birthday parties, and a never-ending list of family/social gatherings. The last two years were even busier with Susie's summer classes.
Once we identified the ideal week, we moved on to deciding on a location. We gave ...
... we passed a tramp. So the one Miamian offered him a cigarette to which he replied, 'No thanks man, I quit 4 years ago'. We almost wet our pants. Aren't tramps supposed to accept anything and everything on offer?
All in all it was really enjoyable and we were quite sad to leave. Anyway, we are off to Peru now. Until then we will leave you with a question we got asked on our last day in Miami - 'So how is the political unrest in SA since Mandela took ...
... Information Centre. We just had to guide ourselves.
They gave us a very simple looking map and said: ‘See the island on the other side of the water? Just head in that direction and you’ll be fine.’ We found the island, had a walk around, and kept paddling around hoping to find the way right around. But every mangrove covered island and inlet looked exactly the same and after hitting a few dead-ends we decided maybe it was wise to ...
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $120
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $198
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $215
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $378
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $168
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $83
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $218
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $216
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $249
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $128
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $80
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $108
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $50
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!