No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
Just a short blog from Miami as we weren’t here that long. And we didn’t like it that much!
We got here on Thursday, after collecting a car in Orlando. This was a bit of a hassle, as when we picked up the car, the guy told us he didn’t have any sat navs! I looked at Olly in disbelief and said “well, renting a car is pointless then, as we have no idea how to get to Miami”! After helpfully (!) calling ...
... 160; We decided to use the internet, get a quote from the very same company and low and behold, it's even cheaper today. I printed out the quote ($28.99/day) and the same guy behind the counter said "yep". So, we got a little Toyota Corolla for a couple days. Off we went to the Miami Seaquarium where we spent quite a few hours, and then ended the day purging our bank accounts at the Dolphin Mall again. The end!! :)
... and leaving mainland USA and heading out into the Florida Keys archipelago, on what is billed as one of the most scenic drives in America.
However if Key Largo is anything to go by, the scenery is going to be decidedly questionable. To be blunt, it's what the guidebooks would call a bit of shithole, just a straight road through dusty shacks, fast food joints, gift stops, trailer parks, hardware stores, boat yards and concrete huts that call themselves diving centres. ...
... us about was literally just to get in...then we were nobodies! Phin described it as squeezing into a packet of Cadbury Topdeck...except nearly all the white chocolate had been eaten!! The regular people were packed in like sardines and the VIPs had at least 1metre around each of them. We had a little dance but by this time nearly every single person from the hostel was hooking up with someone else. Ahhh we had enough and walked back to the hostel to bed.
... day. Grant it, we didn't do the whole night scene which it's famous for but it sure didn't seem that great of a place. The water has a lot of seaweed coming on shore, the beaches are average and well the area still seems to be up and coming. Many areas are going through a beautification face lift. They did have a nice dog park with a pop up fountain for Rusty to enjoy. Just don't have high expectations and you many not be ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Ocean Grande Miami Beach
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $103
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $188
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $190
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $357
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $442
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $219
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $272
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $179
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $246
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $222
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $111
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $82
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $89
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $166
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $38
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!