Travel Blogs from Miami Beach
... we got our bags and then got a taxi to go to the cruise terminal. We arrived almost exactly at 2 pm, just as planned. Unfortunately, there were still a ton of people arriving and there were fairly long lines to check in. First we had to have our passports checked, then go through security, and then actually check in for the cruise. By the time we finally boarded, it had taken almost 1.5 hours. We decided that next time, we should just arrive an hour before departure, ...
... trying to leave was incredibly difficult! Making it more uncomfortable was what the locals called the “Miami steam bath”. This occurs when there is a short downpour of rain, which then evaporates due to the high heat. It is very humid and sticky!
We both agreed that Miami was really not our scene. There is not a lot to do during the day besides lay on the beach (which we have had our fill of in the last 18 months!) and the nights ...
Our first stop on the way home. We had fun at the Quito airport. Both Carol and Carrie were randomly selected for baggage search and pat down. And Cassidy resembled a missing 14 year old missing Quito girl. It was interesting to say the least, but we all made it onto the plane on time. In Miami it was all customs and security. Brett got pulled out to have his luggage scanned. Then we were off to ...
... down the side walk on rented bikes, segways, roller blades, scooters, skateboards, baby strollers etc. One of the strollers had a dog in it. We thought that was hilarious. We people watched for a long time then headed to the Irish Pub to watch the Ohio State vs Wisconsin game. The pub was called The Playright Irish Pub. Unfortunately, they lost, again. We went back to the hotel and Derek, Erin and I got on our computers and Larry took a shower. While ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Ocean Grande Miami Beach
Other places to stay in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $103
- Had a great stay
- Better than expected
- Probably would not stay here again
West Avenue, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $188
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $190
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $357
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- Great hotel
- We had a FAB time staying at the RIU
- Wouldn't stay at RIU in Florida or other areas they are located.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $442
- Better than I expected
- Haunted - Creepy - Nothing worked and no parking
- GREAT location, acceptable room
South Beach, Miami Beach | 5 star hotelfrom $221
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $93
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $219
- Some of the rudest employees I have ever met
- Great style
- Just Returned from the Shore Club
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- An Island Resort in the City
- Wonderful stay at the Palm's
- Great atmosphere, Great staff
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Hotel was reasonable but the overall service was disappointing!
- Very nice hotel
- Assistant Manager horrible
North Shores, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $96
- Would Stay here Again
- Everything was terrible
- Will not stay there again
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $272
- Fantastic experience!
- Great Trip...Will visit again
- Beautiful hotel, uneven rooms
Downtown, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $90
- Bare Basics
- A Hairy Experience
- This is a Wrost-class hotel
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $179
- Not Your Average Courtyard
- Great Stay at the Courtyard Marriott Oceanfont
- Room with a view
South Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $246
- Pitiful pool, great location though
- Very Nice!
- Expensive hotel, terrible service
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $222
- Great Location, Good Price, But small rooms
- Great Hotel
- Highly recommended!
Oceanfront, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $111
- Loved this hotel
- Not bad at all
- Wirklich nicht schlecht
City Center, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $82
- If you're thinking of staying here... don't!
- Budget hotel on the beach.
- Awful Hotel
City Center, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Wonderful service for medium size meeting
- Miami Beach vacation
- National, what a dissappointment.
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 2 star hotelfrom $89
- Outside Construction
- Moderate oceanfront propery in a good location
South Beach, Miami Beach | 3 star hotelfrom $166
- The Park Central exceeded my expectations!
- The BEST place to stay on South Beach!
- Great Place but beware....
South Beach, Miami Beach | 1 star hotelfrom $85
- Great for the price
- Good location, Basic Room and Rude Unhelpful Staff
- Nice stay
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | Hotelfrom $38
Miami Beach, Miami Beach | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Foolishly gave it a 2nd chance
- What a dump- Not worth it
- This is no 4-star hotel!