Oakwood at West 53rd
Travel Blogs from New York City
... only 30 metres away. He talked about a few things. He was of sub continent descent, had lost his job in management as the result of the GFC, drives a taxi 12 hours a day and earns 30%25 of the take which for him is about 1600-1700 euro per month. The taxi's all have a single owner, we think he said Government owned. The taxi ride was about half an hour and cost 54 euro. Our check in bags weighed 55kgs. Ang had all her shoes in a carry on bag. ...
... course had to go twice. After a bit more of a walk to experience this recently redone area, it only opened in 2012. We headed to Shake Shack which was yum. Delicious burgers, shakes and fries. After a bit more walking it was time for Pinkberry, frozen yogurt. Great to combat the warm humidity outside, delicious flavour and toppings to be enjoyed. The Striplings had to make their way back home for dance class so we ...
... mixed with a Hog's Breath Cafe. I had a penne with veggies and Jess had a pasta with chicken and broccoli - both were extremely yummy and definitely satisfaction. We headed back to the hotel, slowly, due to the insane amount of food consumption. NCIS was on TV (one of those little marathons where it played 5 episodes straight), and then decided it was far past sleep time. Peace out from New York xo.
... sad to read them particularly a woman's name inscribed including "and her unborn child".
We then headed back Uptown to Fifth Ave to look for cloths for Helen but there wasn't anything that was just what she wanted. With time ticking away we headed back to the accommodation to collect our luggage and we asked about a taxi. the woman at reception said that we'd be lucky as it's rush hour and it's really difficult to get one. She offered to ring up for us and ...
... back to hotel via Central Park which was lovely and shady for a bit and watched our first game of baseball - James knew some rules and as we are going to see the Boston Red Socks on 4th July thought we ought to have seen a game. It was mid afternoon and middle aged men were playing a desperately competitive game. About 6 pitches all for baseball. Clearly not for fun.
Had time to smarten up before going out to the much anticipated posh Dinner at the Michael ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!