Oakwood at West 53rd
Travel Blogs from New York City
After a serious catch up on sleep last night, we ventured out about midday. First stop was the Bleeker street market in the village with all its strange little curios. After a slow amble through the market, we ventured to the High Line in the old Meat packing district. This is an elevated disused rail line which has been reused as an urban park. Lots of greenery and art incorporated into the design. Well work the walk. From there it was off towards Times Square, but first ...
... where was Maccas when I needed it? The four nights in Hurghada as said were a really good way to end the Egyptian leg, just staying in the Marriott with buffet breakfast and a private beach was easy going with shops and restaurants all in a close proximity. Russians are as stuck up arrogant ******** and *****es as they are in south East Asia too. The big apple, well the big apple is exactly what you would imagine from television, except you won't find Chandler, Monica and Ross in ...
... is a small world!
On Tuesday 8th April the Robertson crew arrived (my cousins). Charlotte and Huishy had arrived in Boston a couple of days earlier to visit Kirsty and Jon and the four of them hopped on a train to spend 3 days soaking in the sights of NY. They really chose the right time to visit. The weather has been beautiful recently being in the 20s which has also meant the sunsets ...
... floors in the same time we do five at our current accommodation. Stepping out on to the first observation level is breathtaking, we could see for miles and we could see for real how big this city is. So many identifiable iconic buildings that we know somehow through movies and news, so that the scene is almost familiar yet completely new. Central Park is full of trees with no leaves so it looks bleak and unrelated to the city skyline. ...
... hose. The water comes out very slowly and evenly, and the hose can be placed exactly where water is needed, such as at the roots. Instead of hand watering the plants, which can be tiresome, go with a soaker hose that uses less water.
While any person can make a garden, the people who know what they are doing will get the best results. It is important to put these organic tips to good ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!