Oakwood at West 53rd
Travel Blogs from New York City
... walk around for a bit, but soon catch the next ferry back. We still have a few American foods left to try, so we head off in hunt of some pumpkin pie, we find a place not far from Times Square, just a short walk. We were served the pie cold, Maddie had pumpkin, I had sweet potato, it was weird eating it cold but ok. Maddie had hers heated up half way through, and said it was much nicer. Than we headed off for desert at cake boss. We had walked past a few times, ...
... Bread sticks rock!
Sunday & we brunch at S’mac which is a specialty mac & cheese place that Sandie has been hanging to try because they do gluten free. They also cater for vegan & just about anything else you need food wise. Hard to imagine how many flavour combinations are possible with mac & cheese but they have one with figs, brie & rosemary which is very popular. I had a veggie one with vegan cheese to avoid the dairy & it ...
... in the morning! And then eventually when I could be bothered to move, I helped Rafael fix his car radio and then I headed over to Brooklyn bridge and walked across that with some great views of downtown manhattan. Other than that, I packed and made my way to the airport. This should have been the point where I came home, but I'm headed to Norway to see June and meet her family! Two more weeks of the trip still to go and see what Norway is ...
... no siree.
Honestly, sometimes you wonder if they know how bad an impression they make on tourists.
So we walked back to the station and bought more credit on the card, deciding instead to get off at 86 street, walk across Central Park and do the. Guggenheim.
The train we got on was an express train and sailed right on past. It didn't stop until 59th street, so back we enter again on a slower 'Local train'.
The sky was ...
... the sheep paddock and the old dairy! Must watch the enchanted movie as lots of Central Park in it. Great to see the Dakota building where Yoko Ono lives .... strange building but great position next to Central Park. Enchanted - Amy Adams Back on the Subway to Soho for our lipstick freeby and of course more shopping. Found great shop called Anthropology .... I think the ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!