Oakwood at West 53rd
Travel Blogs from New York City
... time I saw him was captaining Oxford's water polo team against Cambridge. We spent a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours catching up on this and that.
I had intended to buy a cheap mobile phone with a US SIM card to avoid UK data roaming charges, but the price of the phone and the card would have been a false economy in the end. (If only O2 had allowed me to unlock my phone with them.)
On my way back to ...
... of a blow to their ego being replaced by one person!). After drinks we made our way to The Malt House which served delicious burgers and ribs and ended up partying the night away in a bar next door. It was a fantastic night out with a lot of wedding and baby chat (mostly from the girls).
The following week Thomas went off to the West Coast Bay area with work. He declared there was no point ever visiting San Jose ...
Now I have a postcard that I will be sending to you - and a few for other people too - but I have been very busy and will only be able to post them today. Because America is so far away (3435 miles to be exact) it might take a little while to arrive! Now I have got a few presents for you from America - though you might have to wait until Christmas for one ...
... not so pleasant to look at as it was rather murky and green. We could have gone back to the museum, there was plenty more to be seen but everyone was enjoying walking, climbing and running through the park we meandered our way all the way through to 5th ave. A nice afternoon was spent back at Mitch and Jordan's packing, playing catch, creationary and talking. We managed to do the Staten Island ferry the following day, which gave us a great view of the Statue of Liberty and the ...
... and the intellectual elite -
an exclusive enclave where actors, writers, politicians, and executives plan
their next deals and celebrate their friends’ latest Carnegie Hall
Countless guests visiting from around the globe walk through the antique revolving doors
to catch a glimpse of the booth Dustin Hoffman sat in when filming Tootsie; to
see the inspiration that ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!