Oakwood at West 53rd
No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from New York City
... US museum. Every gallery or museum we visited had the best settings for the pieces on display. The Yanks certainly know how to stage things!
Happily, we got tickets for a Broadway show at the last minute. Ken was keen for me to go by myself, but while he was treating himself to a traditional “hot shave” with an old Italian barber, I snuck off to buy us tickets to the King and I. He was pretty happy with ...
... morning of April 7, 1972, Gallo was celebrating his 43rd birthday at Umberto’s Clam House in Little Italy when a group of gunmen from a rival mob family burst in and shot Gallo five times in the elbow, buttock and back. A gunfight between the assassin and Gallo’s bodyguard ensued in the restaurant and street, during which 20 bullets were fired. (The bodyguard was injured, but ...
... Park West & wandered around a bit in the Ramble in Central Park, re-emerged and had some ice cream, taxied back to the hotel, watched an incredible rainstorm come and go, walked over to 3rd Avenue and ate at a great Thai restaurant, came back and the others watched a Yankees game on TV and then Shannon and Johnny tormented their grandmother with a card game with rules that I’m sure Johnny was making up as he went along while I wrote this blog. And so to ...
THURSDAY 4TH JUNE 2015
This was going to be an exciting day, and we were excited to be going to Hyde Park up the Hudson River by train to see the home of ex-president Franklin D Roosevelt! 17.7 forecast.
We were up at 5.45 to catch a train to Poughkeepsie [ pronounced Po keepsie ] . First we walked to the local station, about 15mins., to catch a 7 train to Grand Central Station. To catch a 7 involves ...
... the World Trade Centre Memorial, a very powerful place to see. Afterwards we jumped on the Hornblower Cruise that we got free with our bus ticket. It took us past Ellis Island, Governors Island and most importantly the Statue of Liberty. We also got a great view of Manhattan from the water. Even though it is a very much a tourist area, its definitely worth seeing ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!