Oakwood at 900 Powell
Travel Blogs from San Francisco
... cafe in the sun!!! soooo beautiful!!
With a list of hotels we took a look at the first one. It was 115$ the night. We drove to another hotel and this was 106$ included breakfast. So we decided to stay here. After we brought our bags into our room we drove to the pier.
We wanted to park somewhere and walk around a little. We thought we had found one but fortunately Spatz was checking the other cars to see if they have a ...
... to meet with our tour guide, there were only about 10 of us on the tour so it was really nice to just be a few people. We got to ask many questions of the tour guide as he led us around the grounds. First we started off touring the vineyard as our guide explained the process of wine-making. We learned about the growth of the vineyards and how some vines last for 40-50 years before they decline in grape production. Also, vines are grown 3-5 years after planting before they are ...
... painted ladies and took a quick walk around to check out the beautiful buildings surrounding the park. While we were in the area we decided to have a walk through the Haight-Ashbury district, famous for its ties to the Hippie Era. The culture is still very evident on the streets in this area and there were many interesting shops and people to look at.
Following this we went to the Cable Car Museum and learnt how the icons of San ...
... amazing. When we said we were from Adelaide you could have sworn he'd been there. But then I listened to probably another dozen people from all over the world & he knew something about their city.
2. The "Birdman of Alcatraz" never had birds on the island - won't watch that move again ;)
3. ***WARNING - MAY GET POLITCAL ***
There was a poster up of the number of people in jail around the world. 25% of ...
... so come rain or shine I will have to be out and about. Right now I'd gladly turn tail, reclaim my cases, unpack and take up permanent residence in my floating home. It's a very weird feeling and I'm quite uneasy about it. Perhaps last night's news of Aunt Hope's death has contributed to my general feeling of uncertainty. However, it's only for four nights, by which time I'll be de-institutionalised and looking forward to spending ten days with ...
Other places to stay in San Francisco
South Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $250
- Hotel somewhat over-rated
- Royal Treatment
- Elegant but Very Noisy
Union Square, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $233
- Este hotel es fantástico! Lo recomiendo!
- Great location
- Nice, newly Remodeled but not Great
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $254
- 4-Star stay in Union Square
- A Few Tips
- Very decent
SoMa, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Great New Hotel by the Convention Center, but Staff Needs Some Help
- Excellent hotel--but watch out for the upcharges!
- Stay here!
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $226
South Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $272
- Great location, great hotel
- Loved the W!
- Less than stellar
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $230
- Close to the Wharf, but don't drive
- Drab Drab Drab
- Great Location!
Downtown, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $226
- Enjoyed the Sir Francis Drake
- Worn but Charming
- Good value, good location
Northeast San Francisco, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $252
- One of the best
- Classy, comfortable, and understated
- First Class
Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $215
- Unfriendly Terrible Service
- Don't be put off!
- Much better accommodation available.
SoMa, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $191
- Oasis in the city of old
- Impressed with it all
- Great for the price
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $243
- Charmed by Clift Hotel
- Awful stay @ Clift Hotel
- Only for one nite stands
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Very enjoyable experience
- Lovely place
- Absolutely Fabulous! Worth every cent!
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $206
- Wow Fantastic!
- Staff incompetence
- Holiday Inn Golden Gateway to HELL
Union Square, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Value!!
- Lousy hotel and Unfriendly staff
- It was ok...I guess
Downtown San Francisco, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Executive rooms
- Hilton fine, but pricy
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $312
- They're putting the 'fair' back in Fairmont
- The Fairmont is exceptional
- Completely overrated
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $225
- Convenient, friendly-staffed but small
- Great Value for money
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Nice Hotel, BAD LOCATION
- Ideal Big Chain Hotel
- Great place to stay
Financial District, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $261
- You don't need a car here!
- Spinning Around
- We Moved On........
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Good location, nice room, helpful staff.
- OK hotel, tacky area
- Good hotel
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $206
- Great deal, lots of fun
- Great location for everything!
- Can Handle the Handlery
Union Square, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Perfect if you are under 5 feet tall?
- A Good Deal and A Great Location
- Got more than I paid for
Financial District, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Worked fine for us!
- Smaller & louder than a College Frat House!
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $227
- Nice stay overall
- Very classy hotel with great staff
- Perfect Location
Downtown, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $263
- OK, but some problems
- Average hotel with great location!
- Nice rooms / good value