Oakwood at 6th Avenue
Photos of Oakwood at 6th Avenue
TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood at 6th Avenue New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... and landed 30 mins late. I knew from previous internal flights that's there is less of a rigmarole involved with no customs or security however, cases still takes time to reach the baggage claim hall so on this occasion I took my time, went to the loo, bought something from the shop and then made my way down to the baggage reclaim but when I got there a number of people in front of me had already been stopped. Apparently, ...
... and guarded our clothes from the grumpy lady who yells if you so much as look as her laundry detergent.
An hour later we were done, we dropped our freshly laundered clothes back at the hotel, and headed off exploring. We had pre-bought these discount cards called 'New York Passes,' which allow you entry to over 80 different attractions within the city. We bought the 3 day pass, and had to pick it up today so tomorrow we could go to the Statue ...
... my system in 30+ degrees it was nice to shower and change in a spacious double room. This was soon to be shared with another trekkie Luke. Approximately 4.30pm Michelle one my other trek buddies messaged to say she had arrived and did we want venture out into New York City. We met in the hotel lobby, after a few nervous but excited exchanges we grabbed the ...
... District. In the early 1900s there were over 250 slaughterhouses and packing plants in this area but this declined in the 1960s. In the late 1990s the area was transformed with high-end boutiques including Diane Von Furstenberg, independent restaurants as well as nightclubs. There is just one co-op of about eight "meatpacking" businesses left. The tour finished here but not before we had more wonderful food (a pasta dish and a flour less chocolate cake) at two gorgeous Italian ...
... trip to B&H.
You can attach an electronic viewfinder which allows to you look through and see a display clearly plus it does not get affected by sunlight etc obscuring the view. As soon as we entered I thought something was a bit strange as it was three stories of what seemed to be the worlds entire Jewish community. I would expect there must have been close to a hundred salesmen (only saw one female) generally all had beards, the long curled side curls and ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!