Oakwood at 6th Avenue
Travel Blogs from New York City
... Food’s not allowed, ma’m.”
“You said that, but how ...”
At this point, I whisked Mrs Henry away, concerned a Homeland Security SWAT team might “swoop on the area”, which is something SWAT teams do just like flu viruses hide on hard surfaces (see first post), and lead to the indefinite detention of my spouse.
We reached our hotel in safety just before 2pm.
Liberty is not as straightforward as you would ...
... years previous with her sister Rhiannon and her husband Paul. Remembering it tasted sensational and that this was a huge institution we walked up and enquired about a table. The restaurant is called Grimaldis and had a 15 minute wait so we checked out this other smaller looking place down the road where we managed to get in straight away. Turns out on investigation that this restaurant we were in was owned and run by the Mr Grimaldi. About 5 years previous Mr Grimaldi ...
Well, today we are off to Denver to start our journey up through Yellowstone National Park. Had to wake up at 0430 is morning to catch our 0652 flight... But thats not too bad, since i have been waking up quite early the last few mornings (the bed wasn't very comfortable....) More once we get ...
I flew home to JFK on July 22nd but I'm writing this almost a month after returning from my trip. If you couldn't tell the majority of this blog was compiled of emails I sent to my parents, Rachael, Georgia, and some others. That's why the tenses made no sense etc.
This time last year I was telling my boss Dan "No way I would ever do BirthRight or go to Israel" and "Backpacking sounds like the least fun thing ever"... my my my ...
... I have a few things I need to get in Italy, mostly toiletries haha, I didn't pack for ****. I promise more fun details later, but for now I'm going to sign off, and try and pick some things to do in Rome! If you have any suggestions, comment if you'd like, or message me on FB. I love you friends, family, strangers. You all have supported me so much in my life, I hope you find this entertaining and enlightening. Until Europe!
TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood at 6th Avenue New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $244
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $225
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $307
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $363
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $563
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $267
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $242
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $308
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $144
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $245
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $203
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $248
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $225
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $195
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $431
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $155
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!