Oakwood South Austin
Travel Blogs from Austin
... few portraits of Davey Crockett, who was a war hero in Texas and influential in Texas gaining independence. The capital building was very well accessible, which was good. There are four floors and each one is accessible to tourists (at least it was on Sundays). There are quite a few rooms here that were used for court cases and kept everything original. These rooms are not currently used for anything other than show, but it was cool to see ...
... to drive me to the airport for my 6:15 am flight. I spent the night at her house so that we could be sure to wake up. However, we ended up staying up until 2 am drinking wine, but that’s a different story…
I got to the airport around 4:30 – how awful! And my suitcase weighed in at exactly 50 pounds. I’ve gotten pretty good at this over the years. I first flew to Chicago (with four rowdy kids in first), where I took a short nap in the ...
... San Antonio.. explored the 15 mile River Walk by tour boat..
stopping at it's oldest established mexican restaurant,
Casa Rio est.1946
and of course.. the Alamo
Luis took a step back in time, when we stopped by his old army base - Fort Sam Houston - where he trained as an army medic 42 yrs ago
... each step
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
We had a really long drive about 7 hours to Austin Texas from Lubbock, we had many fuel ups during the way where there are so many options at gas stations of What to buy, we made it to the hostel in Austin where we had a quick shower and got ready before going out for a BBQ dinner I ...
Other places to stay in Austin
Bouldin, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Nice but needs room makeover
- Not too good
- Terrific staff! Great location.
University of Texas - Austin, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $179
South River City, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $377
- Terrific Hotel
- Just okay....
- Consistent top rated hotel in town
Bouldin, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Embassy Suites...Average Hotel, Ideal location
- Free beer!!
- Good hotel, careless housekeeping
Bouldin, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $179
- Radisson Austin Great
- Great Location and price
- Fine and dandy
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $187
- It's a decent hotel for a decent price--staff great!
- Dreamy beds, gracious staff
- Nice Hotel, but a terrible stay
St. Johns, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $134
South River City, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $152
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Great Hotel
- Great Stay, Very Comfortable
- Hilton Austin Convention Center
St. Johns, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Southeast Austin, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Some quirks, great food
- Uncomfortable Stay
- Nice stay - see our photos !
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Great downtown location
- A Fabulous Hotel in my opinion
- Convenient downtown location
St. Johns, Austin | 2 star hotelfrom $61
University Hills and Windsor Park, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $146
9721 Arboretum Blvd, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $202
- Beautiful place, fantastic location
- Perfect weekend getaway
9515 Hotel Drive, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $102
East Cesar Chavez, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- Ok room, but Crowne needs to work on Cleanliness
- Great Place at a Great Price
- Loved the Crown!
Downtown, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $226
St. Johns, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $125
East Riverside - Oltorf, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $120
North Crossing, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $114
Downtown, Austin | 2 star hotelfrom $202
- Gliding Revolution-Downtown Segway Glide
- Excellent choice for downtown Austin!
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $197
- Great if you get a deal..
- Cozy and classy
- The lowdown
7800 N Interstate Highway 35, Austin | Hotelfrom $65
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $202
- Overrated - This is really a bad choice
- The Beautiful Driskill
- Beautiful, historic, fantastic service
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- My favorite Austin hotel
- Rooms are fine, but service is lacking
- Nice rooms -- shame about the road noise!