Oakwood At The Aurora
Travel Blogs from San Francisco
It was so ka-rayzie you would not believe! We saw this and we saw that and let me tell you, you would just die! First we went to this place and saw so many wonderful things! Red things, round things, deep things, wavy things.
We all will go back one day. OK!
... out the peep shows.
After a wander around and Paul checking out his lover prowess ('flat tire' on first attempt, so he had to go again to get 'heroic' to restore some semblance of manliness), we meandered our way along the piers. Enjoyed the sea lions, but boy some of their friends need to let them know they smell really bad, the various piers and the views of Alcatraz, we get the cable car back to Chinatown for a late dinner. We ...
... T Stadium, home of the SF Giants. The game was SF Giants v Colorado Rockies. I knew nothing about baseball so it was my time to learn, but not before I stuffed my face with free American classic cuisine and beer whilst shouting ‘THATSA GOOD BASEBALL”. The grammatical nonsense of this shout niggled at me a bit but I decided to let it go. It was fortunate that the Giants won 2-1, but not without making a meal of it and almost throwing it all ...
... chilly! Lucky we had our jumpers packed. We stopped many times along the way to admire the views of the bridge, water, Alcatraz and the buildings. The Golden Gate Bridge is absolutely spectacular and the photos really don't do it justice. It was an experience riding over it! The top of the bridge was actually not visible the entire time we were in San Francisco due to the low lying fog that is common this time of year. We were happy to ...
... br> I had visited once before, in 2005, loving the hikes alongside the giant redwoods - and just knew that my Mom would love it as well. We started the day at Muir with a bit of good fortune: parking was at a premium, with cars along the road up to 2 miles away from the entrance. ...
Other places to stay in San Francisco
South Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $250
- Hotel somewhat over-rated
- Royal Treatment
- Elegant but Very Noisy
Union Square, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $233
- Este hotel es fantástico! Lo recomiendo!
- Great location
- Nice, newly Remodeled but not Great
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $254
- 4-Star stay in Union Square
- A Few Tips
- Very decent
SoMa, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Great New Hotel by the Convention Center, but Staff Needs Some Help
- Excellent hotel--but watch out for the upcharges!
- Stay here!
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Stay here
- Great Hotel, Great Views, Great Location
- Great rates, great location!
South Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $272
- Great location, great hotel
- Loved the W!
- Less than stellar
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $230
- Close to the Wharf, but don't drive
- Drab Drab Drab
- Great Location!
Downtown, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $226
- Enjoyed the Sir Francis Drake
- Worn but Charming
- Good value, good location
Northeast San Francisco, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $252
- One of the best
- Classy, comfortable, and understated
- First Class
Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $215
- Unfriendly Terrible Service
- Don't be put off!
- Much better accommodation available.
SoMa, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $191
- Oasis in the city of old
- Impressed with it all
- Great for the price
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $243
- Charmed by Clift Hotel
- Awful stay @ Clift Hotel
- Only for one nite stands
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $228
- Very enjoyable experience
- Lovely place
- Absolutely Fabulous! Worth every cent!
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $206
- Wow Fantastic!
- Staff incompetence
- Holiday Inn Golden Gateway to HELL
Union Square, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $167
- Great Value!!
- Lousy hotel and Unfriendly staff
- It was ok...I guess
Downtown San Francisco, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Executive rooms
- Hilton fine, but pricy
Civic Center, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $312
- They're putting the 'fair' back in Fairmont
- The Fairmont is exceptional
- Completely overrated
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $223
- Nice Hotel, BAD LOCATION
- Ideal Big Chain Hotel
- Great place to stay
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $225
- Convenient, friendly-staffed but small
- Great Value for money
Financial District, San Francisco | 5 star hotelfrom $261
- You don't need a car here!
- Spinning Around
- We Moved On........
Fisherman's Wharf - North Beach, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- Good location, nice room, helpful staff.
- OK hotel, tacky area
- Good hotel
Nob Hill Russian Hill, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $206
- Great deal, lots of fun
- Great location for everything!
- Can Handle the Handlery
Union Square, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Perfect if you are under 5 feet tall?
- A Good Deal and A Great Location
- Got more than I paid for
Financial District, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Worked fine for us!
- Smaller & louder than a College Frat House!
Downtown, San Francisco | 4 star hotelfrom $227
- Nice stay overall
- Very classy hotel with great staff
- Perfect Location
Downtown, San Francisco | 3 star hotelfrom $263
- OK, but some problems
- Average hotel with great location!
- Nice rooms / good value