TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood Chelsea New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
Love it, love it. Love it. Arriving in New York for the second time, we were a little apprehensive that our memories may have been false and we were expecting too much. First impressions on a Sunday night seemed to confirm this, lots of trash, lots of homeless people and the city looking a little tired.
Monday morning a different story! Our 4th floor walk-up on Madison Avenue (after the initial "walk-up" ...
... paranormal enthusiasts claiming that the ghost of Gulielma Sands still haunts the area. http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/10/3 1/the_13_most_haunted_buildings_in_new_ york_city.php
So we kept walking along and passed a little park where some sprinklers were going off. After taking us to the next spot which was only a minute away, he let us go back and run thru the fountains to cool ...
... 95-degree heat into the air-conditioned museum and enjoying his strawberry sundae.
After the movie Rebecca went through a 45-minute ordeal to add tickets to the Hayden Planetarium to the museum tickets we had previously purchased. I’ll skip the gritty details, except to say that the museum cashier was very apologetic and ended up giving Rebecca the tickets for nothing. Halfway through the ordeal, Shannon, Johnny, and I went on ahead to the museum food court ...
... movies filmed in New York.
We then spent a few hours exploring the Museum of Natural History which certainly lived up to my high expectations. I could certainly have spent an entire day there exploring all the different exhibits. My favourite would have to be the ocean exhibit that was put together really well.
Afterwards we got lunch at a British pub near times square when we saw the enormous line for ...
... the bottom. Cross traffic is still flowing, and NYC is as busy as usual. A lot of people are asking what is going on as they pass, and sponsor people are handing out flags. Sandy made friends with the older lady who was stood on his right hand side. She is an ex-pat, and spent most of the parade in conversation with fellow Scots around her. On our left, a lady fae Edinburgh (with her husband) turned up and immediately started handing out Iron ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!