TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood Chelsea New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
Last night I went to a show called wicked. It had a girl called Elphaba. A girl called Glorinda. And a prince. It started out with a long wait. soon the broadway show began. First a mother had a baby she was a green baby. she was named Elphaba. Elphaba was the wicked witch of the west. I thought the show was fun. I loved the show because it had a girl named ...
... on breakfast TV,
Before heading back to the Apartment we walked down to 27th St and visited The Museum of Sex on 5th Avenue. It was a bit of a disappointment apart from the Linda Lovelace exhibit which chronicled her life in the porn industry and her later fight against abuse of women in the industry.
After a busy day it was back to the apartment for dinner and some TV.
... was the Rockerfeller Centre but we didn't get to ascend the tower to the viewing platforms as the desk staff said that visibility would be too poor and it would be a waste of $60. On that note we headed back for Arcadia and are now looking forward to the sail away party at 5.30 as we head for Newport, Rhode Island. My impressions of New York have changed for the better. Getting off the bus in Chinatown yesterday was a mistake and left us feeling that Manhattan was a bit on ...
... tracks back to the hotel.
The next morning out tour guide Guy (pronounced Gee for some reason) picked us up at 8.50am. A young Canadian guy with a broken arm. He wasn't gonna be much use at taking photos of us. He hurried us into the back of his people carrier, and informed us that he thought we would probably be the youngest on today's tour. Pointless information, but he was right. We went to the Skylon Tower first. Another big tower with a lift ...
... all the stairs you just climbed, but unfortunately you've just got to take your photos, suck it up and head back down. Needless to say when we got back down, a drink and an ice cream was in order.
After our little workout, we took a walk around the island and took in some pretty cool city views. It was a really sunny day, so a lot of the photos with Jess or myself in them have us squinting. Being up so close to such an American ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!