Travel Blogs from New York City
... tasting menu that we enjoyed was over-the-top amazing. The menu on small (but custom-designed) plates went as follows:
Hey! It’s me- Mama Bear needs to get a few words in here as I just had the most extraordinary birthday ever thanks to my sweet hubby. I know it won’t be as creatively written, but I promise I’ll use more commas. :) Wednesday was a perfect day! I never thought turning 40 could be so painless... Most of you probably know this already, but I had no interest in this new decade. I’ve been dreading it since the downhill ...
... I thought I may as well use it. The walk across to the river was nice; as mentioned previously, the neighborhood south of midtown are much more relaxing and peaceful, so it was nice to walk without being constantly concerned about keeping an eye on my bag or trying not to run into people. On my way I came across the Highline, a park that has been converted from old railway lines that runs above the city. It's being restored a bit at a time, and the small part of it I saw was ...
... told it was the best way to see the Statue of Liberty and they weren't wrong. Not only was it free but we got some great views. Timing could not have been more perfect as the sun was going down leaving us with a beautiful silhouette of the iconic statue.
We weren't allowed to stay on the ferry so we had to get off and walk straight back on for the return. It was really ridiculous but we didn't mind too much. We were just eager to get back ...
... and lots of impressive brick buildings. I wanted to take the train up to where the Boston Celtics play basketball to get a picture for my brother who is a massive fan, but by this time it was getting late and we had to be back at Margaret and Adrian's for seven to get ready to go out for dinner. On the way back though we did jump off the train at the world famous Harvard campus and had a quick wander through. It was gorgeous, all red brick and grass and trees. Apparently rubbing ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood Chelsea New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $230
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $242
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $224
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $299
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $264
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $470
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $297
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $245
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $291
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $170
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $271
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $279
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $248
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $245
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $217
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $309
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $276
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $200
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $301
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $264
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $99
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!