TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood Chelsea New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... it's huge yet not as big as I thought it was going to be. . . But it's gorgeous !! We then headed to the Empire State Building and travelled up to the top! It was amazing we were so lucky with the weather! It was sunny and not too windy and we could see the whole of Manhattan, it was incredible! We then headed over to Macy's which was crazy busy as they're having a massive one day sale tomorrow and today is 'preview day'. From Macy's ...
... rather homeless men with no shoes or warmth for the winter- it is still an exciting city. So many galleries, museums, cafes and wine bars to tick off that we didn't get to, AND Carried Bradshaw's apartment. I can't believe after week on Manhattan Island I couldn't fit in a visit to the site of the show that inspired me to travel to New York all those years ago....maybe we'll have to save for a pair of Monolo's and the airfare to get back there soon. Hmm, Kate Watson's 40th ...
... previously but ok. Central Park was just beautiful. As it was starting to get dark we couldn't spend that much time there but the kids thoroughly enjoyed the playground and we will definitely be back. We then braved Wholefoods which was so busy- we could hardly move our shopping trolley. After getting some supplies we headed back to the hotel for movie night and a relax- altogether a lovely first day in NY and looking forward to the rest of our time here.
... the artefacts from Mexico - which I would love to remember it all but my memory is like a sieve! But it was fascinating to hear about the different crafts that are particular to certain areas in Mexico!
We finished up in the Dino shop - I wanted to get Max a present from there (in fact I think I got a couple!) - you can see one of them that Luis was holding in the bar in East Village later on in the evening!
Next it was time to find the ...
... guys in the flesh and to exchange some barbs with them. A real pleasure, guys. I made an open offer to the three guys to come and visit Northern California, and Joe was the only one that showed some interest. It's now a matter of setting up some dates when we can get a few to come and join us. ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!