Oakwood At Tuscany
Travel Blogs from Las Vegas
It's all about what Glenn and Milton did today. They got up at 4am were in a taxi at 4.30am and straight to Vegas airport By 5am for a 6am flight to Phoenix. But that's their story so will leave it to them. Everything was going to plan until the security check in. They asked for ID so all good, produced Australian Drivers License but this is not acceptable, they are requesting passports which flours e are back in the RV. Managed to talk our way through and off to Phoenix. We ...
... strip. Pauline and Dave tortured themselves by foolishly agreeing to ride the roller coaster while Val and Denise sensibly declined to do it. After chilling back in the hotel room we spent our last night in Vegas in an Irish Bar in the New York New York Hotel enjoying the craic and some excellent Irish music and dancing from the resident ...
... in the hotel. The food was great and the first wine pairing was great but the other two wine pairings were not for me. They were gross. Reminded me of jäger. Yuck!
Anyway after dinner we had to head over to MGM for Ká. Stunning. Magical. Sad. Inspiring. A must see!
After the show we went straight out to the strip again. I wanted to see the Aria and the Bellagio so that's where we went. Everything looks ...
After Yellowstone we flipped completely over and went to the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas. Las Vegas did not exceed our expectations. It is brash, noisy, flashy, immitative and busy. Everything funnels you into spending money. There are slot machines at the arrival gates of the airport. The hotel charges for everything. The rooms are cheap, nothing else is. There were gamblers there while we ate breakfast. Children on the gaming floors late into the evening was ...
... getting to the Tahiti Village hotel in mid afternoon and enjoying a leisurely float in its "Lazy RIver", we turned up at about 8pm desperate for some dinner (plus beer for me and frozen margaritas for Jilly!). Still, we were now "home and hosed" as they say in Australia, only a ten minute cab ride from the airport.
No photos from today as the chief camera operator was a bit busy doing other stuff, so here's one of Hetch Hetchy from our walk by the reservoir in ...
Other places to stay in Las Vegas
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $56
- Ballys a great deal
- Fantastic Hotel
- Totally great! Friendly staff, large, clean rooms, and a perfect location on the Strip.
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- We'll be back again and again
- Won't be back - ever!
- The good and the bad...
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Had a Very Positive experience at Treasure Island
- We love it
- Loved Treasure Island
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 1 star hotelfrom $32
- Decent place, awesome price
- Good Location
- Close to the strip, basic, clean, park by your door
The Strip, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $95
- A BIG thank you
- Threatens Westin's good name
- Not really "Maxim in disguise"
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $42
- Expected more
- 'Second Home'
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $123
- Don't stay there!
- Don't stay here
- Very Disappointed
The Strip, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $28
- Good Value
- IP is a great deal for the price!
- Great location - decent rates & service
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 2 star hotelfrom $43
- The worst B.W.
- Decent hotel, good value for money!
Downtown/Fremont Street, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $54
- Never again!
- Let down
Enterprise, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $59
- Fabulous place - a winner A++++++++
- Don't go yet
- Overall Disappointed
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $34
- Stayed there
- It was great! But had some negatives.
- Hey -- It's a Fun Family Hotel
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $35
- "We're sorry, we're new"..... Phooey!
- Great place
- Recommend to all! Fun place!
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $26
- Great Stay at the Riv!!
- Stay Somewhere Else
- Wonderful Service
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $40
- Great Dealers and customer service
- Pleasantly impressed
- Great first experience of "Sin City"
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 3 star hotelfrom $45
- I'll never stay anywhere else...
- Tuscany is GREAT for the price
- Unprofessional Staff
Paradise, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $114
- New Renaissance is Beautiful!
- A classy jewel - and quiet, too!
- Awesome Renaissance
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $203
- Nice clean too professionalle
- Great details
- The Four Seasons Las Vegas was excellent!
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $101
- 3 Words....Won-Der-Ful!!!
- What a wonderful resort!
- Parking garage is confusing and difficult to find elevator if parking in tower 1
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $105
- Very noisy, quite a walk
- Großartiges Hotel
- GREAT hotel
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- Wynn Stinks
- Wynn wins again
- Wait to Stay Here
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $150
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 4 star hotelfrom $105
- Perfect Location
- Still good, after all these years!
- Good Value!
The Strip and Vicinity, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $115
- Great Hotel, but these tips will help you have a better trip
- A Perfect Stay
- Fantastic place
The Strip, Las Vegas | 5 star hotelfrom $175
- Brand new, first guest in suites 11-722 and 26-702
- Simply amazing