Oakwood At The Blake
Travel Blogs from New York City
... Aboard was a Concord, about ten fighter planes and eight helicopters some of which worked off the Intrepid. It also steamed to gather up astronauts in the 60's who came back to earth and bobbed around in the sea until it got to them. From there we taxied down and around the bottom of Manhattan on a four lane in one direction road bound by park, cycle lanes and footpaths all separated and all ...
... it to New York in time for our booked seats to see the musical, Matilda. However she said there was a chance they would put on more buses going earlier so I bought the tickets for $78. We then got the girls and waited in the waiting room with our fingers crossed. We phoned the ticket company and they advised us that as soon as we knew whether we wouldn't get there on time, to call back and try and exchange for another time.
Meanwhile. Joe ...
Everything must come to an end, and so it is with our Viking cruise - but what a specular end, sailing into New York!
The need to replenish the cruise boat in a day with new provisions and complement of passengers meant a very early arrival for us!
A cool and very dark morning met us as we emerged on deck at 4am to witness our ...
... t do much about the horrifically high winds and rain which persisted on waving both my hair and my dress to heights i'd prefer it hadn't. But hey, I guess that's what you get for enjoying the summer in New York a bit too much.
Something I made a point of visiting on my first day whilst in the Financial District was the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. It's well worth going into the museum, although you have to wait for a timed ticket, the amount of history, ...
... the world go by before going back to see Times Square lit up showing the best and worst traits of commercialism at the same time. No trip to Times Square would have been complete without spending ridiculous amounts on bags of M&Ms but we are on holiday so who cares!
Sandra stayed awake until about half 9 which was a good effort after getting up at 2.30am British time and will hopefully get a good nights sleep before visiting the 9/11 museum and Green lady on Sunday.
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!