Oakwood At The Blake
Travel Blogs from New York City
After 7 hour flight with British airways that included pic and mix, spicy chicken and wine I landed around 2.30pm local time at Newark airport. Security checks, baggage reclaim and a rude customs officer greeted me in the US of A. After boarding the airport train and free transfer I finally arrived at the Crowne Plaza hotel. After sweating pretty much ...
So, last night we flew from Rio to New York touching down at 6am. Luckily for us we were flying with America Airlines. Possibly the only airline that thinks it is acceptable to not have any inflight entertainment on 10 hour flights. It could be worse though, we could have been flying with Malaysia airlines. Their recent track record certainly doesn't fill you with optimism that's for sure. Anyway we made it to New York safe and sound and ...
We awoke on our first morning and mercifully the storm has cleared, and is replaced by brilliant blue sky. The hotel apparently lied how close we were to Manhattan, but with the help of our roommate who worked in Manhattan, we found the station and headed downtown. The buildings there are absolutely ridiculous. As we walk towards the World Trade Centre, the building continue to rise in a strange concrete and glass ...
... We hunted down one of the better places to go and ordered the favourite to share. It is basically a fresh hot beef sub with cheese, onion and peppers. It was delicious but I prefer a hot beef gravy roll from home. I had convinced myself that being in the home of Philadelphia cheese that we would have to be able to get some awesome cheesecake. Apparently it's NYc that is know for it's cheesecake as we were told by ...
We had to check out today and we decided to check our bags with the concierge and do some walking but after doing some breakfast at a small place near the hotel (which was overpriced and not that tasty...you win some, you lose some) We started walking but it began raining and turned quite cold so we decided that walking all the way down near the train station and back again might not be a good idea so we looked up the storage for luggage on the ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!