Oakwood At The Blake
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from New York City
... East which I will put on the map later.) Then from Doha to Kathmandu. The trip is around 30 hours I arrive on August 31st at around 8:00 am.
2. Where am I staying? I will be staying in Thamel a tourist area of Kathmandu, I will live in a volunteer house with other volunteers from the ELI program. Other volunteers will be coming and going through out my three month stay.
3. Will I have wifi? Yes, I will so I will keep in ...
Last night I went back to that hidden cocktail place. It is in the middle of a very quite area in Queens and the entrance is just a metallic 'heavy-looking' brown door with no name. Once inside, the best spot to seat is at the bar where you can watch the bartenders making cocktails. I found that captivating...a bit of this a bit of that shake shake shake and voilą!
The plus is that you can ask what you want and if you don't know just say something like 'I ...
... to a cast-iron clothes iron. We spent some time in the nearby Madison Square Park, where the kids fed squirels and we watched the many nanies and other interesting people. With the bus we continued down to 14th street: we wanted to see the building entrance where we stayed for some months in 2001. Many of the shops are still ...
... all perished together.
So, onto more lighter things, we then walked up the road a bit through Soho and Greenwich Village, the trendy arty areas of New York. We stopped at a little market place and as I was checking out some very colourful pants located on a rack at the side of the stall the guy at the store said, come, come $10, $10. As I was being my usual non committal self, an Indian lady came to me and gestured that I should come in to her store next ...
... which is a short walk away. I'm on the ground floor of the building (I think the building only has 4 apartment in it) and I have 3 bedrooms!!! Bring on the visitors! It's going to be so nice to have lots of space. From what I can find online it looks like there are cute restaurants, coffee shops, markets, movie theatres, shops and hotels nearby. Even the huge Hyatt is a short walk away. There's a huge park just south ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $244
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $225
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $307
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $280
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $363
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $563
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $267
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $242
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $308
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $144
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $316
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $245
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $203
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $248
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $225
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $195
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $431
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $155
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!