Oakwood Ocean At 1 West Street
Travel Blogs from New York City
... again and we went out and had great burgers near fifth avenue. Normal shopping service was resumed although it was bitterly cold. We walked the high line which was lovely in the snow even if it was cold. Our time in New York was running out all too quickly we could all have stayed much longer but........ We went out for a great dinner at a swanky restaurant in Columbus Circle. Food might be cheap in the US ...
Everywhere I turn there is another HM Store; I don't even know what H&M stands for. There are designer stores in Midtown, designer stores in Soho; hell, I saw a hattery , , , when's the last time you saw a hattery? . . . in Brooklyn advertising . . . I kid you not . . . Stetsons. I suppose there must be cowboys east of the East River, but I haven't seen them sporting their chapeaus.
... I sat near the back on side. Full house. While lining up for security, Huckabee came out and personally chatted with every person in line. He remembered being in Bend, OR, and talked to Manuel about Madrid. What you see on TV is exactly what we saw before, on & off screen, and after taping. Whether you agree with him on everything, no denying he is genuine,kind and well ...
... Hudson River as we could and at one point we knew there was a road closer than the one we were on. Wes used his great navigation skills to locate the 9J which gave us some lovely views of the mountains -Catskills to the west and Taconic to the east.
The sun was shining and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. It was 57 degrees F when we set off at 8.30.
At Hudson we saw a lighthouse sitting on a rock in the middle of the Hudson River. Until ...
Sunday began with a quick breakfast and a subway ride down to the 9/11 Museum and memorial. The area has changed markedly since Emma had last been there in 2003 and ground zero is now replaced by two waterfalls/fountains where the twin towers once stood. These are beautiful features with the names of the innocent victims carved into the sides of the memorial. It's is still upsetting to appreciate that nearly 3000 people lost their lives in the ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!