Oakwood Ocean At 1 West Street
Travel Blogs from New York City
... got ourselves all the way out to New Jersey to the Metlife Stadium to take in a Jets game (for the uninitiated to one of Americas great sporting past-times, the Jets are one of NYC's National Football League teams, a game Nic loves for reasons unknown).
The last couple of days in NYC saw us take in some nightlife. We had an enjoyable meal at the State Bar and Grill prior to launching up 86 flights to take in the amazing views from the top of ...
... of you not as up on New York culture as both of us are, bialys are something like bagels with the hole filled with onions, and when freshly baked they are to die for. (Rich had previously gotten something they called a bialy at the Murray Hill Diner--they could have been sued for gross misrepresentation.) While we were pressing our noses against Kossar’s window and Rich was informing Shannon and Johnny that THIS was what bialys were supposed to ...
... br style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal;">Kev and I seem to have a desire for eating at Irish pubs and ended up having a lovely warm meal and some beers at St James gate down the road from our hotel.
Day three was the coldest day of my life. I promise you now had I not been in NYC I would have ...
... of all sorts of people playing American football, throwing frisbees, jogging and just sitting about. Well the Aussies hit town and drew lots of looks and smiles from people going past! On packing up and leaving the boys all had a hot dog in Central Park from a hot dog wagon!! To finish off our Central Park experience we enjoyed a famous horse and carriage ride through Central Park!!! We walked back down 6th to the NHL store and then back down 47th to get ...
... but also because there's no aggressive or threatening looking people around. We walked Jolanta to her accommodation on 50th street and walked the 6 blocks back to ours via a different avenue - Broadway. The street numbering system here totally lacks imagination but is wonderfully functional. With no local knowledge you know where places are relative to each other just by the address. We got back to our hotel at midnight and had been up over 24 ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Clinton, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Great stay
- Problems with Cleanliness of Rooms
- Nasty, not worth the $$$