Oakwood Ocean At 1 West Street
Travel Blogs from New York City
... br> We stopped for a few supplies on the way home and then took the subway back to our stop which is Grand Central. Tomorrow we hope to explore the old station a bit more closely as all we have seen so far is the subway part - not the part movies are made in.
I am not sure what else we plan to see tomorrow but it will be some part of NYC via subway and walking and we will update you soon on our adventures.
... is a museum set in a lovely building in beautiful gardens, there were pieces of art from many churches around Europe. The art included tapestries, huge door frames, statues and ornaments. After this we went to Grand Central Terminal and 67 floors to the top of the Rockefeller centre and went to the top to see the views of New York City, unfortunately it was a cloudy day but we still had a pretty good view. Finally we had a wander around 5th avenue before ...
... convictions were shaken which is annoying as I’m determined not to believe in that ****.
New York, Hilary found us a RV park on the port within sight of Manhatten and the statue of liberty it was wall to wall campers on a gravel lot with remnants of tarseal, but only a short walk to the ancient subway systeem.
The First day in we visited the NYC library and grand central station, and just bugged out at the architecture, speed and scale of the city. ...
... with a Chance of Meatballs Given that this blog is being written a month late, whilst we are enjoying the best food of our trip in Argentina...there are not too many amazing meals coming to mind from NYC. However, one very memorable eating experience was at Katz Deli, the location made famous in the movie "When Harry Met Sally". Josh ordered a salami sandwich, but was told very sternly by the waitress that he would be receiving the pastrami sandwich! It ...
... towers falling. But also that life goes on. As Brooklyn bridge was close, we decided to give that a go and again, managed to find ourselves in a queue of tourists taking pictures, buying key chains and cheap posters. The views were awesome and the whole bridge was actually a really good spot to get some interesting photos. By this time we had the familiar feeling of throbbing feet so we headed back to hostel to get ready for a fun night out at a jazz bar! It really is amazing ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!