Oakwood Ocean At 1 West Street
Travel Blogs from New York City
... to the ferry to cross back to where we parked. This trip is about 50 yards, but they still manage to go slow enough to collect the $2 fare from every passenger!
Cindy and I both enjoyed strolling through the neighborhoods surrounding Liberty Harbor. The area has undergone tremendous gentrification, and now features new construction that mimics the old brownstone buildings it replaced. Restaurants, bars, ...
So this is it, the final stop! We arrived in New York in the morning met my mate Alex, who took us to his flat in Brooklyn where we'd be staying. We dropped our bags off, freshened up and headed back out to Manhattan. After a quick lunch we caught the free ferry to Staten Island, which is a sneaky way to get an up close view of the Statue of Liberty. It was cool to finally see it, one of the worlds most famous landmarks right in front of us. When ...
... on Central Park South; a favorite haunt from our days living in New York in 2004/2005.
My youngest sister Andrea met us an hour or so later at the Essex House and brought us back to her house in Irvington, about 30 minutes north of Manhattan, deep in Rip van Winkle territory. Annie and her husband Rob and their 3 children - Jade, Maya and Luke - have lived in this part of New York for many years and are wonderful hosts. Last night we all enjoyed a delicious bbq ...
... at 10:55pm we still haven't decided. We joined the Christmas Lights walk but deserted it an hour in..... the guide wasnt good - very self important and after 45 minutes of walking we still hadnt seen any Christmas Lights! We ditched him at Bryant Park and looked at the market there (not as good as Grand Central) and started looking at 5th Ave but got distracted by a Barnes and Noble bookshop and stayed in there until it ...
... Memorial Day).
Hotel welcoming and no problem providing extra folding bed. Room on 2nd floor had a kitchenette and despite facing street was peaceful.
After a rest and coffee, we headed out to explore. Just around the corner was the Chrysler Building and Grand Central Station. We passed through a deli food market to the main station concourse, which was an amazing atrium with star constellations ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
304 E. 42nd Street, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $23
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!