Oakwood Ocean At 1 West Street
Travel Blogs from New York City
... me to put all my clothes and suitcases as well. I unpacked my bags and when I looked at the time, it was only around 3pm, so I decided to go for a walk down the street to check out Central Park.
The walk down there was quiet quick and only took me 10 minutes to get there. The park was huge and so busy. The scenery was beautiful and the colours were amazing; greens, oranges, yellow and red. ...
Another part day spent sitting in a different airport and on another plane, this time Buffalo Airport and our JetBlue flight to New York City.
The cabbie who had taken us into Canada on Tuesday arrived to take us back to Buffalo just before 9am. This time we drove across the Rainbow Bridge which gave us a last good view of the falls. The queue for US Immigration was only about 5 minutes at that time of ...
... so bad that I almost told him off. After his long unnecessary rant he proceeded to stroll about the cabin SPEAKING to people. THEN he sat in the now empty seats next to us (most of the people had left the train by now) and WHISTLED a TUNE!!! Then he started to yawn and kicked up his feet and made sounds like when you are yawning and letting everyone know! THEN the douchiest move of the night award goes to him as his little walkie talkie went off and ...
... up in the one and only elevator in the building - yep got a room on the top floor - level 5 - very 70''s but actually it was very clean so we were ok with it - one night after all.
Decided we we would go and check out the 'hood so off we go - what a surprise we were the ONLY White people on the street - everyone else either Hispanic or African American - still we kept walking and found The Blarney Bar so ...
... around Manhattan Island. Intrepid is our middle name so we donned heavy coats, hats and gloves and off we went.
The cruise boats leave from Pier 86 on the Westside of Manhattan and we had booked the full circular tour of the island. 3 hours crammed full of fascinating historical, geological and socio-political facts (most of which, Dear Reader, we will not bore you with !) Suffice it to say that the concentration of skyscrapers ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!