Oakwood Ocean At 1 West Street
Travel Blogs from New York City
Woke up to meet our dear friend Chris Eastman for breakfast with his two amazing kids. We all had a wonderful time catching up. After breakfast we were back on the road headed for the big apple. We stayed just a few blocks from Times Square in the Trype hotel, great boutique feel to the hotel, and we walked to Times Square, and toys r us to hang out for a few hours. For dinner we met my name twin and our beautiful niece Sara. Sara is at NYU and ...
I am in America. We had to go on a long flight, but, time well spent. We caught a taxi to our hotel, which is called the beacon hotel. After that, we had a walk around New York. It is very different from Sydney. We have so many exciting things planned. I can't wait to hear all your comments. Don't ...
... it was spread out over a few blocks, not a main campus area like Grace was expecting from the movies haha but a nice park, monument and fountain in amongst it. Walked through Soho and past the Dash store (by The Kardashians) en route to the 9/11 memorial site. What a beautiful, peaceful, serene area. Such a nice and fitting memorial. It really does hit you the magnitude of what happened when your there. They have a new World Trade Centre there now and its massive. Next stop was to ...
Back home for a shower and then up to Times Square to meet Paula to have dinner and go to the musical "Once" which was Musical of the Year and won 8 Tony Awards. We chose a pub for dinner which had screens everywhere playing the tennis, so we got to see the 5th set of Stan Warwinka and Nishkori (who we had seen win ...
... see a friendly face and get that local feeling!
The Show Must Go On
It’s a must, no really a must. When in the Big Apple one must go and see some of the spectular Broadway shows playing. With that in mind, and in an attempt to get cultured, Amanda and I picked three very different show to see:
1) Phantom of the Opera - an essential, a must see, a staple in the Broadway catalogue. WOW this was such as event, Amanda and I were completely amazed at how ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
234 West 48th Street, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $55
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!