Oakwood At Mission Ranch
Travel Blogs from San Antonio
... was right at lunchtime . Fairly large dining area inside and al fresco with a nice view of the river. Everyone's casually dressed and very laid back, very at ease atmosphere. Sonya arrives looking great as usual. Smiling,excited,eager and hungry all in one. We get seated and order lemonade,really good stuff,and she tells me what she's ordered in her previous visits. I study the menu and choose something not on the menu! Chicken enchiladas with mołe sauce on top. ...
6th-7th August Not a great deal to talk about after yesterday as it was a driving day, we drove from New Mexico into Texas, and drove down to San Antonio, a fairly uneventful drive. When we arrived we put up tents and then most people went to enjoy the pool, which was lovely. I have decided I don't know how people survive here, the humidity and the heat are unbelievable! Then Marie and I went into San Antonio to have a look round the river walk, ...
... that bridge when I get to it. Then rode to the motel. Shortly after checking in we discovered that the microwave was faulty, they sent over a maintenance guy to replace it we ended up with a room full of microwaves before he got one to work, it was the 3rd one he brought over that he finally got to work the other 2 were probably fine he just did not know how to set them.
He was trying them in different sockets ...
Quick bagel and shower and then some of us got the bus back into San Antonio for more exploring. We wandered around the river area and a shopping mall alongside it, however most of it was closed so we headed in the direction of the steakhouse we had booked the evening before. Craving a good steak in Texas we had done some research and found the Texas land and cattle steak house. I ordered the steak and ribs with broccoli and mac and ...
We had to be packed up and on the road this morning by 6pm, it's a 670 k drive, our longest yet. Our destination is San Antonio. San Antonio is quite a revered place for Texans, as this is the place where 200 of their finest men took a stand against 1500 Mexican soldiers. It's all a little confusing, the Texans were defending a Spanish missionary, they were all killed. The Mexicans then took control of the Missionary, it was their strike ...
Other places to stay in San Antonio
Downtown, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $178
- Terrific location, average room
- Not one of the better Hyatts....
- Excellent and personal customer service!!!
9821 Colonnade Boulevard, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $53
- Room and be were way too small for a family of five!
- Shaky Start But Excellent Service
- Nice Getaway :)
Crownhill Park, San Antonio | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 5 star hotelfrom $176
- Loved the Westin
- Very nice Westin
Downtown, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $147
- Great Stay
- Nice hotel - small rooms
- Older Hotel, But In Really Good Shape
Dignowity Hill, San Antonio | 2 star hotelfrom $83
- Nasty Nasty Nasty
- This place is garbage
- Take it or leave it
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 2 star hotelfrom $154
Downtown, San Antonio | 3 star hotelfrom $131
- Great Place to Stay !!!
- 3 Star in some Categories - 1 Star in Others
- Not the Place for Romance
217 N St. Mary's St., San Antonio | 3 star hotelfrom $56
- Excellent Experience at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk!
- Friendly restaurant and bar staff, thats about it!!
- Below average
Downtown/Riverwalk, Woolwine | 3 star b&bfrom $87
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Indifferent and depressing
- Beautiful hotel, terrible service
- Pleasant ambiance & great location
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $174
Airport/North Central, San Antonio | 2 star hotelfrom $92
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- Unbelievably GREAT Service
- Keep an eye on your stuff
- Will choose another hotel next time.
Airport/North Central, San Antonio | 3 star hotelfrom $104
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 5 star hotelfrom $205
- Surprised after reading negative reviews
- Construction Hell!
- What a dissapointment
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Very disappointed
- Great Hotel for Couples.
- Swanky but a little pricy
37 NE Loop 410 (at McCullough), San Antonio | 3 star hotelfrom $71
Airport/North Central, San Antonio | 3 star hotelfrom $115
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $109
- Radisson fine if you only want a place to sleep
- Great value, great location
- I give the Radisson Hotel Market Square an A
Downtown, San Antonio | 3 star hotelfrom $174
- Great Hotel and Staff
- A great option in San Antonio
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 5 star hotelfrom $173
- Great hotel on the riverwalk
- We've Stayed Here Several Times & We Love It!
- Absolutely outstanding
Downtown, San Antonio | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Was told the Marriot was better than the Hilton and Hyatt--- what a joke
- Very nice accommodations
- Bring your earplugs! No Rest in San Antonio!
Uptown Broadway, San Antonio | 3 star hotelfrom $132
Downtown/Riverwalk, San Antonio | 2 star hotelfrom $125
- Not as good as other Hamptons
- Far from Riverwalk
- Big Price, basic Hampton