Oakwood At Jefferson
Travel Blogs from Dallas
... stall. We had not even gotten out of the parking lot yet! And remember, the steering wheel is on the opposite side of the car. All the mirrors are in the wrong spot! yup, a bit embarrassing. well, we made it out of the parking lot and onto the freeway. Felt like we had just jumped from the frying pan into the fire! Cars were flying past us on the right side instead of the left side of the car, we had to shift with the left hand instead of the right! oh ...
... earlier... You see, existing has nothing to do with life and that more abundantly. You can not live life prosperous if you have to constantly "swat at flies," as Bishop Jakes would say. It's a distraction. If you disagree, think about the last time you were engaged in a conversation and this fly kept sweeping in between you and the person you were talking to; landing on your forehead, your hand, your plate, et cetera. Pretty soon, you say "Excuse me girl" and start trying to clap ...
I woke up last night and looked out the window to see a beautiful snow falling from the sky. I rushed to the computer to see if school was cancelled and it was! Tom's district was out, too. It looks like we got 3 inches of fluffy stuff. I am wondering if we will be able to go to school tomorrow. Maybe our Spring Break has started already. That wouldn't break my heart. I wanted to go ahead and ...
... my name just in case. Sure enough, there it was with a new boarding pass for a flight the next day as my upcoming flight had been cancelled due to the weather. So I decided the best thing would be to find a hotel for the night but with some flights cancelled since Friday there was a lot of competition. Every major hotel in and around the airport with a free shuttle was booked out except for a brand new one ...
... considering the experience, these are my words of advice:
1. Don't imagine this will be a vacation. You will work hard at language, public speaking, creating presentations, and role playing.
2. Plan time before or after to see some of Spain and enjoy a real vacation.
3. If you plan on sharing photos or items from your life during conversations, don't count on digital versions. They aren't practical when you're walking and talking.
4. Pack ...
Other places to stay in Dallas
Dallas North, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Middle of the Road
- A very pleasant stay!!
- Shabby shabby shabby, and a cab ride to exercise?
Downtown Dallas, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- Hyatt Easter Weekend Downtown Dallas
- Loved the location
- Very nice and clean building, bizarre staff behaviour
Downtown, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Cream of the crop
- Not ready for all the people
- A Best Western On Sterroids
Dallas North, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $102
Dallas North, Dallas | 3 star hotelfrom $95
- Nice stay
- Great stay!
- Pleasant Stay
Downtown Dallas, Dallas | 2 star hotelfrom $109
Louvre/Opera, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $120
- Impressed with Hotel Intercontinental !
- Needs Major Overhaul!
Northwest Dallas, Dallas | 3 star hotelfrom $86
Dallas Northwest, Dallas | 3 star hotelfrom $72
Northwest Dallas, Dallas | 3 star hotelfrom $84
- Testimonial--exceptional service
- V. impressed w/ renovations--good experience
- I would rather sleep in my car.
Preston Valley Villas, Dallas | 3 star hotelfrom $84
Downtown Dallas, Dallas | 5 star hotelfrom $136
- Classy Hotel Not for the Lunatic Fringe
- Horrible hotel that ruined my honeymoon
City Center, Dallas | 3 star hotelfrom $88
Airport/Irving, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Ok, so there were some issues.
- Great stay, but noisy!
Airport/Irving, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $171
- Not just a one nighter!
McShann Estates, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $113
- Renovations are finished, Hotel is now great
- Great if you can get a Bargain
- Should be OK when it's finished
13402 Noel Rd., Dallas | 4 star hotel
- GREAT PLACE!
- Great Location, Great Service
- Most Comfortable Hotel beds
City Center, Dallas | 3 star hotelfrom $66
Downtown, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Never again
- Thumbs Up!
- Stay at the Anatole!!
Downtown, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $157
- Gorgeous hotel close to West End
- Very Nice Property
- LOVED IT AGAIN
Downtown Dallas, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $179
- A comfortable stay!
- Good value on the weekend
- Nice hotel, your typical Westin
Northeast Dallas - White Rock, Dallas | 3 star hotelfrom $109
Downtown, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $102
- Great Stay at the Sheraton
- A Little Disappointed
- Needs an upgrade
Downtown, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- Would stay again
- Not Impressed!
14901 Dallas Parkway, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $109
Dallas Northwest, Dallas | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Absolutely marvelous
- Great Stay
- Great service