TripAdvisor Reviews Oakwood Cosmopolitan New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... later on in the afternoon, we missed many of the crowds. Cindy and I wandered the exhibits for a while, before sitting in the Main Reception Hall and thinking about the hopes and dreams of all of the people who passed through its doors. What an amazing place! A nice docent at the museum informed us that all of the records and manifests in the museum's collection are available online at no charge, so anyone ...
We arrived at 5:45 am at JFK. We had a rough flight, with a lot of turbulence, screaming children, and the red eye. We are so happy to land, and catch a cab to our friend's place in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Our poor girl, Sunny, is running out the door to work as we arrive in the very early morning. The adrenaline is rushing and we catch up with our dear friend, Troy, in the early morning hours. We catch some z's before we head out for ...
... only part-time occupied by the denizens of a small group who use their 75th floor aeries as "pied-a-terres", and avail themselves of sky-high views of the park for only a month or two each year; this period's version of the Astors and Vanderbilts from Newport's gilded age.
We all three stopped for lunch at the Boathouse in Central Park, and whiled away a delightful couple of hours. It's Fleet Week and the sailors are everywhere, standing out in starched ...
... which equated to the 'also rans' we think. After lining up to get tickets we were herded, cattle like, to a bar that is 'a friend of the show' for an hour, before lining up again for an hour being told how important the audience is ....hmmmm ok ...... The actual show was ok, good band. There were some funny moments but the guest - Rosie ODonnell - wasnt very exciting. Jet Lag hit both of us in the theatre.... guess we were ...
... had cold beers, then the most awesome fresh pasta. I had ravioli with salmon & goat's cheese in a creamy sauce. We shared a bottle of San Gimignano wine, then finished with tiramisu and strawberry flan. Superb.
Despite tired legs, we decide to explore the East river area and try and see the UN building, which was well guarded but impressive. Returned to the hotel via an Irish bar, where we had a nightcap and chatted to a friendly ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
304 E. 42nd Street, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $23
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!