Oakwood Bridge Tower Place
Travel Blogs from New York City
... capacity to ramble was reacting badly with my overly-descriptive, visual take on the world. Anyway, he snapped at me, demanding I tell him how I knew what the hostel looked like if I had never been in the States before? I gaped exhaustedly and mumbled something about the online gallery on the hostel's website. Luckily he seemed appeased by this answer. In fact, he nearly smiled at me come the conclusion of our encounter. I said how I would only be staying three days in New ...
... chicken with the lake. Big Brother was watching though and I got a slight scolding from a police officer… The fact that we counted over 29 ice rescue ladders around the park insinuates that others are perhaps less cautious however as we were told by the officer "I really don’t want to have to come in and rescue you". Fair point, I promised to behave.
We visited the Shakespeare Gardens and Belvedere Castle in the park then continued on our ...
... a hotel or flat that faces into Times Square manages to get any sleep with the constant glow.
After dinner we went to watch the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden. A guy from a Broadway show sung the National Anthem at the beginning which was fab to see as in the past we seem to have arrived late to every other match and missed it (no surprises there then!). We nearly missed it again that night as I forgot ...
... br> Afternoon highlight was broadway show - the lion King - WOW!!! Quality performance all around and the kids LOVED every moment.
Early evening - dinner in room (get little kitchenette that allows us to stock up and make basic meals)
I think we are almost there in terms of over-coming the jet-lag - nicely adjusted to North American time zone..
... back to our hotel. Our hotel is right in the middle of Manhattan next to Madison Square Gardens and a stone’s throw from Times Square. It is central to everything. We were given an upgrade, so our room is quite spacious. The only odd thing is the toilet, its smaller than what we are used to at home. Its somewhere between a normal adult toilet and a child’s one that they have at kinder. New York is easy to get around as all streets are numbered, it makes finding places ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!