Oakwood Bridge Tower Place
Travel Blogs from New York City
... but not as good as Philly, the venue restricts the atmosphere in my opinion. The sound varies from clear to muddy, the lighting is very simple. BUT the band does play the New York Shuffle in the encore. As you should when visiting NYC.
Afterward I chat with a couple of the band, but feeling tired and unwell I head back to the hotel and bed.
The lesson learnt today, when going to the bus station in the USA, take an umbrella when it is ...
... Oscar managed to book lunch at Nobu, the famous Japanese-Peruvian restaurant. The food was delicious and plenty, again. It all started with a nice cocktail which lasted until the end of lunch. We started with ceviche and lobster tacos followed by 2 bento boxes. One of them was cold and the other one was hot. By the end of the sushi, sashimi salad and lobster tartare of the first box, I was ready for dessert but we still had the second one to go. I didn’t know. That ...
... could have gotten a hotel for about $50 cheaper, but the customer reviews were terrible for every hotel at that level. I would say that this hotel is basically a Super 8. It's clean, the rooms are not unattractive, the staff is friendly, but there are few amenities. There is no chair, for instance, for the desk, so I prop the laptop on the two open drawers and sit on the bed to type. ...
... was next(if you remember Eloise that is where she resided) The next stop was Central Park and a buggy ride through the park. We took a cab to the Empire State Building and rode up to the 86th floor. What an awesome view, you can see all of New York City. Marv saw Meg Ryan she was waiting for Tom Hanks (Sleepless in Seattle) ha, ha!! We had lunch at brewery under the Empire State building. Food was good.
We took ...
... humid weather in NY. We walked to many places and had no problems navigating our way around because not matter which way you walked you always knew the name of the next street before you got there. Not sure if all the walking undid the the damage we did to our weight on the cruise. It also probably re-inforced in our minds that we wouldn't like apartment living. Every second car in NY is a yellow cab.
New York is a great place to ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $230
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $242
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $224
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $299
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $264
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $470
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $297
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $245
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $308
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $170
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $271
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $279
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $248
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $245
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $217
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $309
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $276
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $200
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $301
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $264
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $99
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!