Oakwood Bridge Tower Place
Travel Blogs from New York City
... train and subway, and managed to check in a bit early which was great. We had a rest, then we refuelled with a delicious and enormous pizza pie and then did some sightseeing. On our way we came across a lovely park, called Bryant Park, which had chairs and tables, a grass area, vendors and games (including Pétanque) and we enjoyed sitting there for a while just taking in the serenity of the park inside the concrete jungle ...
The first bonus to my New York City experience was that, on the flight there, I was assigned an exit row seat - more leg room! The safety presentation was hilarious, definitely the best one out of all airlines I have used! I arrived at my hostel at around 7.30am, exhausted and fully aware of why these flights are nicknamed the 'red eye'! After finally checking in at 3pm I had a power nap before heading out for the evening. I met up with Rachel, a girl I met ...
... great tour of her town which in turn gave us one of the best examples of hospitality so far. We parked in her office carpark in the middle of the small, but vibrant town centre.
After catching up we went to the café across the road where there was live music, and food and wine was free that night (for all that is) then I was dragged to the pub (a George Washington watering hole apparently)where I was bought more drinks than I could hold. Next morning the café ...
... are a fan of the movie, or musicals, or good music, or unconventional love stories then I highly recommend it! Matilda - We had booked this show before we left, thanks to Chrissy's family for the wedding present! The main drawcard for us both was that Matilda was composed by Tim Minchin, the Aussie comedian/musician that we are both fans of. This was a more traditional type of musical than Once; big sets, big lighting, big song and dance numbers, lots of ...
... really make use of the library which I felt English society lacks. The museum was free on a Friday night so was absolutely rammed. Everyone was trying to make use of the free ticket. The art, however was beautiful and extremely thought provoking with stuffed eagles coming out of paintings and falic looking cannons. If you want to see what New York City would look like inside a building, go to the MOMA on a Friday night. You can imagine the chaos. A full on day deserves an ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!