Oakwood Bridge Tower Place
Travel Blogs from New York City
After the long day of our arrival in NYC, CIndy and I were slow to get started on day two. Even Chris and Steph were late rolling out, taking the ferry across to the WTC about 10:30 AM. Cindy and I started our trip to Ellis Island and Liberty Island about one o'clock, and we *finally* boarded a ferry about three o'clock.
Ellis Island is amazing. The main building has been converted to a great museum, and ...
... By the time we arrived home, the weather had settled and Matt was home. It was so lovely seeing him again and we all ate a lovely barbecue dinner outside on their porch - Mitch savouring the taste of Matt's chicken rub which he has missed since they moved away. We sat and talked into the night after dinner, suddenly realising how late it had become. We quickly bustled the kids into bed knowing another long and full day awaits ...
... beautifully clear, sparkling day is full with New Yorkers who are walking, running, cycling, roller-blading, etc. There's nothing to do but amble, and that we do, admiring the Park interior, which is remarkably well kept, considering the sheer numbers who use it every day, and the surrounding tall buildings, some of the newer of which rise very considerably higher than anything else around them. Home to the oligarchs of the planet, these staggeringly high structures ...
... literal) Thoroughly enjoyable walk and once again told us more of the story of New York. We saw Christmas trees being sold on the street! Real ones! Just like those movie scenes where you see a lot full of Christmas treees. We then went to the Letterman taping! Some people ask for tickets months in advance. Us? We wandered in 2 days ago and put our names on a list. Turns out everyone is on a 'list'... A, B, C, VIP..... we were ...
... over Manhattan.
After a complete circuit, we took another lift to Level 102, perched right up in the pinnacle. Even more amazing views, enclosed this time. Breathtaking.
Back at ground level, we managed to catch a yellow cab back to the hotel, where we racked out for a bit, legs worn out! Phil did some research and found a good Italian restaurant not too far away. After freshening up we walked a couple of blocks to Osteria ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!