Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... to eat frites and mayo and the Netherlands version of fish a chips which was also really good! In the morning we did a bike tour around Amsterdam and checked out the north and the south along the canals and the little streets in between. There are more bikes than people in Amsterdam it's absolutely crazy!!!! We walked around the museum area and ...
... We arrived at 6pm right on time and we headed to the apartment. Once we were let in we were faced with a steep set of stairs. They were easy to climb but so shallow and steep. We were greeted by Ingrid who was lovely, showed us some hidden gems and showed us around the apartment.
We are in a really good area here and are looking forward to exploring more tomorrow on our bike ...
... Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">
I took the US Airways flight to Amsterdam (via Philadelphia) - I was lucky to get extremely comfortable seats with a lot of leg room. Although the cabin temperature was too low for comfort, my ...
... area where cycling is safe. Cycling isn't seen as a serious mode of transportation, and we don't have a strong segment of the population for which cycling is a freedom and a right that once existed for them and is now taken away. Cycling is simply not a part of the fabric of our society like it was and continues to be for the Scandinavians and the Dutch. And so, there is unlikely to be a serious cycling movement with the same momentum ...
... I got here. I also didnt know that smoking weed is actually illegal in Amsterdam, which is why the smoking lounges are called "coffee shops" the police in Amsterdam willingly turn a blind eye to these despite the fact the smell of weed is blindingly obvious. The Red Light District on a Friday night was something else, the sheer amount of people meant Me and Rhys couldn't be bothered to even attempt to get a drink in a bar there instead settling for a more peaceful location in Dam ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant