Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... day, so Caren and I dumped our backpacks at the hotel and took the Metro to Central Station. We saw Anne Frank's house, Dam Square with the Royal Palace, walked the canals, ate french fries and chocolate waffles! After 3 1/2 hours of walking and eating, we took the Metro back to our hotel and called it a night!
Amsterdam was beautiful, only wish I could have seen it in during the day!
... wouldn't have minded a little space cake, I wasn't going to indulge in something of unknown strength, wandering around alone next to lathe bodies of cold, dirty water with minimal railings. I happened to walk through the Red Light dIstrict on the Sunday morning at around 10am, where binmen and street cleaners were clearing up and hosing down the roads. It was a hazy morning and the tacky neon lights were still reflected in the canal, long ...
... pebble beach with crystal clear water. Best part, due to low season we can park on the beach without someone chasing us away! Even Haku can run around free for some time. Of course we take a dip in the Adrian Sea that afternoon AND early morning! Haku joining us for a swim. Candlelight beach dinner, falling asleep with the sea breeze and the sound of the waves. Even in October this is a great beach day. Could stay here much longer, but a deadline is pushing us to ...
... had been to because after a while they all look the same. Another full day done yes again off to the supermarket we will leave the rest to your imagination.
On the last Saturday in September we were up early, ready to listen on the iPad to the AFL Grand Final and yay the mighty Hawks smashed Sydney. Go Roughy! Go Hodgey! Go the Hawks! Great result wish we were there. The rest of the day was spent walking round ...
... action, we are one stop away at the stop of Sloterdjik. The hostel we are in is good quality, it's a former hotel transformed into a hostel, the beds are nice, the bathroom is big and clean, but best of all is we only ever have one other person in the room because it's a 5 person dorm. After a few hours to refresh ourselves we head into town, the train system is ****, buying tickets is a hassle and this isn't a metro system, it's the equivalent of a national rail system ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant