Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... I am to have such a kind, thoughtful friend! We stayed up chatting, snacking, drinking and laughing until about 4:00am...neither of us had any idea it was so late but knew we could sleep in considering it was Sunday and we had no definite plans. Little did we know...
Sunday turned out to be quite a day of celebration and I am feeling so blessed (again) about being able to have such incredible, unique experiences...and now I have a best girl ...
... a function to go to in the evening. Anne and I decided to explore the Red Light District. A bit tame I thought, mostly eating places (especially Argentinian steak houses) with a few windows of enticing young lasses, but Annie kept me on track. Did notice heaps of mostly young Brits who had just arrived in Amsterdam for a wild weekend. This area certainly filled up on Friday ...
... with Milou importing wine to the Netherlands. From the moment I met Milou I was spoiled beyond expectations and was fortunate enough to visit Fort Benoorden on my first night in Amsterdam where Milou invited me along to an evening work BBQ with her family and work colleagues and got to try first hand some of the delicious imported wines!! After the BBQ and wine it was on to the nearby annual fair for rides, games, dancing to live music and lots more wine! ...
... and gives you a very clear idea of what it must have been like to hide away for so long, only to be ultimately caught and sent to concentration camps. Not only did they have to hide, they had to remain very quiet, their windows had to be covered by black shades, and they really had little to no fresh air at all.
After the Anne Frank House, we made our way to the Rijksmueum, which houses Amsterdam's finest art, and has ...
... call him African American but obviously he was not American) and asked about the Meeting Place. He began to respond in Dutch. That was an unexpected thing for Tiffani to see and hear coming out of his mouth given her limited American exposure. He switched to English once he saw her confusion.
We finally made it to the meeting place! It was a big red and white painted area that had a sign saying "Meeting Place." Duh!! Our driver, however, was ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant