Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... traffic on the canals with other sightseeing cruises, but mostly it was small boats out pleasure cruising.
We finally arrived back at the dock and I headed right for the hot dog stand to get two bottles of water, since by now my pants were even sticking to me! And then I hopped on a tram back to the Rijks and for the hotel to cool off.
Trying to decide what to do for dinner, I noticed the Van Gogh Museum stays open until 10 PM ...
Mother Nature must have been in a celebratory mood today, as clear skies provided the King's Day (also known as Koningsdag) revelers with almost ideal weather conditions. Although the temperature was still on the chilly side for us (low-to-mid-50s), late in the morning we joined the throngs of people strolling along the streets and along the canals throughout Amsterdam. We had been expecting quite a spectacle today, as the birthday of King ...
... your way. I would've thought that biking in amsterdam would be safe and easy, considering all of the special considerations they give to bikers. However, I think it's somehow easier to bike around in the US. Even though a lot of places don't have bike lanes, american streets are wider and the cities are more spread out, so it's more simple and straightforward.
-There are beggars and poor people here just like in the US (dunno ...
We were both a little tired from our full day of windmills, wooden clogs and cheese so we decided to be lazy for a few hours; however, it was Saturday night in Amsterdam and we finally got motivated to get out of the house around 22:00 (10pm). Elizabeth had mentioned that we wanted to see some live music to a colleague and he recommended an Irish Music Pub called Mulligans, which was about a 15 minute walk from the Prinsengracht. We ...
... simple naming is continued through all things in the city, so is excellent for tourists who need to get around easily. The most noticeable thing, however, are the bicycles. There are bicycles absolutely EVERYWHERE. TRULY EVERYWHERE. Bicycles have full right of way in this city and there are more bicycle roads than roads for cars or footpaths for people. If there is a collision between a bicycle and a car it is automatically the car's fault unless mitigating factors are ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant