No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... ropes. At the end I found some people to play a game of hit the punching bag into each other. Now that is true fun.
Excerpt from Catherine's Journal:
Today was the day of art. Paintings galore. We all got our walking feet on, and went to the Van Gogh Museum. We took an audio tour around the museum, ( mom and I were the only ones enjoying all of the famous art. Apparently it was number one on the list of things to do in Amsterdam. I loved how al ...
... and bright orange streamers adorned the shops and bars, with orange soccer jerseys and Tshirts filling shop windows, but the "footy buzz" just didn't seem to ooze from the folk. Reserved enthusiasm seemed to be the order of the day, even after Holland won their match.
By this time our legs were begging, "Please find a seat" and throats for, "A cold, vino or bier." A little tavern beckoned so how could one refuse. ...
... good thing because after 30mins in the line it was already way longer than when we started. It took an hour and a half to get in but was worth it. It was truly amazing that they managed to keep so many of them hidden in such a tiny dark place for so long (8 of them for 2 years). The museum was very interesting and sad but you can still walk through the old factory, go through the book case that hid them and go through most of the house. It was very eerie. ...
... a lovely lunch of quails eggs, cheeses, salami, dips, breads, crackers and wine whilst gently traversing the canals.
Later we went to Vondelpark and relaxed near the lake. There were numerous bands playing throughout the huge park including an African and Hari Krishna band who played as they made their way through the throng of people.
... under a rock Anne Frank was a young German-Jewish girl who went into hiding with her family and family friends during WWII. Originally from Germany, the family moved to the Netherlands not long after Hitler took power in their home country hoping to live a life of freedom. This idea was lost when the Nazi’s invaded the Netherlands and forced the family into hiding. Otto Frank owned a shop at the time, under someone else’s name, and ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant