Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... up for the Jews. All talk about this more when I get to the Anne Fran House. The people of Amsterdam are very proud of their tolerance. They just accept everyone no matter their way of life. I thought that was pretty cool. Now as far as the weed thing goes marijuana is actually illegal. It's just tolerated because it's a soft drug. They instead focus on hard drugs and keeping people out of prison. I guess it works for them. Our guide also told us that the locals ...
... tour/sex show. We walked around the corner to grab a bite to eat for dinner and then walked back. As a group we all walked to the red light district, stopping along the way for a few fun facts about the town. We saw some real live hookers in the windows. And then it was time for our sex show. 75% of the women looked like they used to be men, but they definitely had the lady parts. It was very funny/confronting/strange to watch. One act was like a live porno :/ the others generally ...
... two children who whined and refused to eat the weird food. You know, weird like fruit and yoghurt. He had worked in Singapore and Hong Kong, and was a bit racist, "sorry" to hear that Sydney now has such a large Asian population, and wanting to tell me all about how dreadful all his Asian staff had been in Singapore. And the final straw was flicking through my camera to see the photos of Zaandam's windmills, as they thought they might like to go there, ...
... but give me a quiet little canal off the beaten path any day. Ahhhh…
The next day I got to the station early and relaxed with a coffee as I watched the people rushing to catch their connections. Arriving early seriously beats rushing at the last minute to find a train, or flight.
Next stop… PARIS!
Here are a few tips about travel in Amsterdam:
Avoid Taxi’s when possible. Walk or take public transit. The ...
... Every morning the prisoner would be woken up at 5AM. They had to sleep on their backs with their hands on their stomach and their face facing the door. Every day they had rules for everything - where they could sit, how their toothbrush needs to be placed, how their linens need to be folded. This crazy attention to rules was something that often brought the prisoners to confess. The Stasi even formulated a ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $196
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $85
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $209
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $100
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $239
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $192
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $102
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $237
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $347
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant