Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... quick wander then stopped in a little pancake house. We had a cheese, ham and mushroom crepe and a drink. Nom nom! It was just what we needed, then off we went to Anne Franks house. Mum had been before, but it was my first visit. I found it really interesting and couldn't believe how long they managed to stay in such a small space with so many people in it. The fact that people stayed so quiet while walking round the rooms added to the ...
... saw the 'iamsterdam' sign. Of course, we had to take the standard tourist photo. Even though it was raining there were still so many people around. Which was a bit of a shame since everyone was getting in the way.
The museum buildings looked so beautiful, I hope to go back and see the inside of them if I ever come back. Which I hope I do because Amsterdam is so pretty!
Our stomachs just happened to lure us towards a stall selling hot Dutch waffles. We got one ...
... sound that is accompanied a sort of "hocking up a hairball" phlegm-y kind of sound. Not kidding...I asked several Dutch people to make sure they weren't pulling my leg. To hear what it is supposed to sound like, look him up on Wikipedia and press the listen icon next to his name.
Van Gogh was born in 1853 and died of self inflicted gunshot wound at the age of 37. He only started painting in his late 20s ans ye he left over 2,000 works of art. Van ...
... Then on to the Rijks Museum. The museum has recently been renovated and is as beautiful as the artwork it holds. We spent about an hour and a half looking at works by Rembrant, Vermeer, Van Gogh and more. Jeanine and I could have stayed longer but the rest of the crowd was ready to go after 30 minutes. The two-mile walk back to the central station was as entertaining as the museum. So many shops and cafés, so many people, so ...
... place because drinks we're very expensive but there was karaoke going on. It was hilarious and everyone that went was really good at singing, it ended up being a good night. The next day, we went out for pancakes at the Pancake Corner. I had apple, cinnamon and whipped cream pancakes. They were the best things I ever eaten, so tasty and filling. Definitely want to try to make them at home. We took a tram to the main train station and found the walking tour for this city, ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant