Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
First impression of amsterdam: Holy ****, everyone here is gorgeous! I'm not sure what happened when Europeans first came to America, but we clearly got the people who were no longer wanted in Europe, and by that I mean, the unattractive people. Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of beautiful folk in America, and maybe I just don't notice it as much because I live there; but upon coming to Holland, ...
... of timber ladders to see the view from the top. I opted to wander around the village and see the shops. The houses were quaint little green timber dwellings with white trim. They were all built along the dyke and are very similar in design and appearance.
Jill and I did manage to find a lovely diamond cutting shop – but unfortunately you would have to mortgage the house to buy the one I wanted!! Oh well, a girl can only dream. By this stage, ...
... spin after doing it a few times. Back to the cruise - Amsterdam is a city built above water, with over 100 different canals lining most every street. In fact, because of the massive amounts of the wet stuff, there are steel bars installed along most of the waterfronts to keep cars from driving into the canal. Surprisingly, it still happens quite regularly. Anyway, after an hour of gazing at this beautiful town from the boat, we were back on foot. ...
... Deborah served us a delicious brunch with coffee and warm dark whole wheat croissants on a. beautifully set table. We laughed and chatted and once again admired her extensive and fantastic art collection. She showed us around her beautiful garden and told us the story of the tree that rotted and fell on her arbor, destroying it, but not her fantastic roses! Deborah then accompanied us to the FOAM museum of photography, where she heard that there was a good exhibit of a ...
... We spent our last evening just milling about the city soaking up the atmosphere and making the most of our last night.
The next morning we packed up and prepared for our long drive home, en route we stopped to see a windmill and then went to a clog and cheese making factory. I bought a pair of yellow clogs as my Dutch souvenir which as I type this are nestled at the base of my door.
I had a great weekend but am not certain I had the true ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $194
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $172
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $60
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $161
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $123
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $206
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $104
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $223
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $136
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $197
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $90
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $89
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $233
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $92
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $232
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $234
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $201
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $147
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $151
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $113
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant