Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... Bikes number to about 850,000 in a city of 800,000 people. Mostly they are those heavy one speed or 3-speed jobs, often rusty and cranky. People prefer these old beaters because they get stolen frequently despite efforts at locking them when stopped. Stolen bikes end up in markets for sale and so the merry go round continues. Pretty amazing.
We have continued our intense walking marathon and this town was made just for that. It is a busy city, with tons of ...
... 8217;s, but will give it more time for a valid review. Our room neighbor Matt is Canadian and from Budapest. Friendly conversation is nice in small doses, especially in a sea of very bizarre people. We had a cheap dinner on Singel Straat for Pasta and Chicken. The Ice Cream and Whip Cream was a perfect end a busy day! It is finally setting in that the stress of wedding planning, Europe planning, etc. is over. Traveling day by day is so stress free and we are so ...
... that the flight from Amsterdam to Johannesburg is about 11 hours. Then it'll be a 9 hour layover. Then finally I will head to Windhoek and will arrive around 8 pm Sunday.
I will try to hunt down internet as much as possible, but it's hard telling how many opportunities I will have to access wifi after this morning. Hopefully you'll hear from me soon! ...
... we went out for a couple of drinks with the girls we met and then made plans to meet the next morning.
Anne Frank started our morning bright and early, in order to avoid the queue. Although, we arrived half hour before the museum opened and there was still already a que forming. The museum itself was interesting, gave history on the war and of the 8 people who were in hiding in the Secret Annexe. Most interesting though was, of course!, walking ...
... from one state or country to the next.
We were wide awake by 5:30 this morning--gave me time to write this--and for Kae to wander the early morning street scene--which she reported was very quiet! But she came back with LITTLE cups of coffee from the hotel lobby where the machine dispenses 6 oz. for 2E or about $2.50.
Enjoying coffee very slowly while I finish this message--but with great breakfast pastries she found yesterday ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $196
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $85
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $209
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $100
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $239
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $192
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $102
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $237
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $347
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant