Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
Having never been to Europe, my idea of the physical layout was exactly how I imagined the cities to be. One thing that never occurred in my mind is the way they mitigate issues. We had the opportunity to listen to many great city officials, non-profit organizations, and private firms. The mindset from many of these individuals and organizations are different than ideals back in the United States. I am hoping that all ...
... wandering and general exploring we visited the Rijk Museum, took a canal tour, checked out the red light district, shopping precinct and flea market. Walking the streets is like walking in a Vietnamese city in that you have to check in every direction for bikes and vehicle traffic and more often than not have to walk on the road as there are cars, rubbish, building rubble ...
... 2:00. That was fine with us because it had started raining when we left Bruges and was just clearing up and the sun trying to break through when reached Amsterdam.
A stop at an information center led us to boarding a tram to reach our home for tonight. It was rather easy to locate on a quiet residential street a block away from the noise and action. Our room was waiting ...
... the apartment with a look that seemed to say “You could have at least sent me a Sherpa ". Third floor, steps that raked upwards at a seemingly crazy angle, steps that would only fit half your foot, a narrow fifty steps that turned tightly on to each landing and seven weeks.......
Jenny’s apartment has a nice airy feel with all you need for a comfortable stay and is not far from all the city has to offer. Eventually we had recovered enough to consider venturing ...
... if it's legal then the workers have rights like any other profession and if something is happening that isn't right then at least they can go to the police and have the protection of the law. It sure beats the sex slave/trafficking industry that is rampant in other parts of the world. It was eye opening walking through the streets lined with windows, red lights shining and sexy ladies winking. We learnt a couple of fun facts on the tour: the ladies will pay ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant