Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... br> At last, the Keukenhof (Kitchen Garden). It does not disappoint. We see millions and millions of
tulips. A few facts: the Keukenhof covers 80 acres; the gardens are open for 7 weeks between March and May; no vehicles are permitted; over 7,000,000 bulbs-daffodils, hyacinths and tulips are planted each year. In addition to the plantings, the complex includes a pavillion for special exhibits that change every few weeks, a 'celebrity row' (I saw only two ...
... 4m wide, just completed and ready for its maiden voyage.It is just superb and luxuriously fitted out. We have 117 passengers, 52 crew who are so proud and pleased to be aboard. Welcome drinks, much pampering and a dinner that made us regret half of what we ate on the train. A beaut bed and a thoroughly comfortable night.
Early next morning a bus tour to a cheese factory and then to Zaanse ...
... a demonstration into how their clogs are made, before entering the tasting room, and gift shop. All stockpiled up we head back onto the bus for dinner along the water. When we were originally sold on this idea I assumed we’d be able to see the sea and have a lovely view. Our guide forgot to mention it would be dark and we’d see nothing, just hear the water lapping at the edges. We walked along the shorefront to reach our ...
... Paul told the owner that it was definitely in his top 5 of pies. We will be visiting this place again for sure! Paul also bought a packet of double choc tim tams. Can't find them over here either! On to Jordan ... We kept riding over small bridges (the city has over one hundred canals) until we found ourselves on a wharf in the north overlooking a giant inlet. We thought we were on the coast, but further examination of the map suggested we were actually just at a ...
... Dutch "troubador" in the bar and retired for the night.
Apart from Mr & Mrs Noisy and their brood going by after a night at the casino (or somewhere) things were otherwise quiet with a smooth crossing had by all.
We woke for a good breakfast and were off the ship easily by 10.00 and after a little detour round the dock area, Tom Tom guided us onto the European motorway network.
We were on our way to ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant