Travel Blogs from Blowing Rock
... and danger, house-raising and romance, the ties that bind the Stuart family and the small pioneer community grow. Despite his conflicted feelings of loyalty to the Crown, Dr. Stuart finds himself a respected leader in this hidden mountain community.Daniel Boone steps in and out of the story as character and character/narrator, helping guide Dr. Stuart’s transformation into a free thinker and bona fide mountain man.The doctor’s aid ...
- Bethel Baptist Church puts on a Bethel Blast every 4th of July. They furnish pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, bottled water, soda, various desserts and watermelon. Local bands play in the big tent and fireworks at dark thirty. All this is free! ...
- It is amazing that this town has a 4th of July parade every year with the most simple of floats and entries and the whole town turns out and appreciates it as much as a Macy's parade. You can certainly feel the American pride and patriotism in this town.
- After the parade free watermelon and cake (made by the local bakery) are served on the lawn of the Jones ...
... in 1979 and was necessary because of damage that building a traditional road would have caused to the environment. It is a 379 metre segmented concrete bridge that winds around Grandfather Mountain and was built segment by segment which was then glued together.
Grandfather Mountain at 1812 metres is one of the highest mountains in that section of the parkway. Again they charge to drive the mountain road ($US20 per person) which takes you to the Mile High Swinging ...
- Met up with Jim and Darlene, who were with us on the Panama Canal cruise my sister and I took last November for lunch. They are staying in Ashville, NC so half way was Spruce Pines. We found a great restaurant for lunch.....Mountain View. It certainly lived up to their name.
- On the way back to Boone, I stopped at Linville Caverns.
- Next adventure was a trip to West Jefferson to go to the Ashe County cheese factory and get some ...
Other places to stay in Blowing Rock
131 Yonahlossee Rd, Blowing Rock | 3 star hotelfrom $85
Highway 321 Bypass, Blowing Rock | 2 star hotelfrom $74
116 Lakeview Terrace, Blowing Rock | Hotelfrom $69
711 Main Street, Blowing Rock | 3 star hotelfrom $92
- Total Pleasure!
- Heed These Reviews -- Not Good for the Price
- Wow!!!!, the meadowbrook
7876 Valley Blvd, Blowing Rock | 3 star hotelfrom $85
185 Chetola Lake Dr., Blowing Rock | Hotelfrom $123
9239 Valley Boulevard, Blowing Rock | 3 star hotelfrom $134
224 Westglow Circle , Blowing Rock | Hotelfrom $325
671 Main Street, Blowing Rock | Hotelfrom $69
8412 Valley Blvd, Blowing Rock | 2 star hotelfrom $73