Travel Blogs from Bangkok
II: The Thailand Travel Experience- Day 2
Date: Friday, March 18, 2011
Time: 2000H BKK
City visited: Bangkok- Wat Po, Wat Phra Keow, Wat Arun
Music Theme: S&M- Rihanna, All of the Lights- Kanye West feat. Rihanna
A. The Temples and The Girl
We woke up in the morning with glee …
Going home day... We all found it difficult to emerge from the most comfortable-beds-of-all-time! We had our big breakfast and sneaked a muffin for the plane. We took the sky train to the airport, where we had a surprisingly easy and spacious check in process. ...
... like it….it was mobbed with people and there must have been 100 restaurants that were all bright and glitzy and begging you to come in and try their fare. Too bad we had just eaten as we were captivated by a Japanese all you can eat with the dishes rotating throughout the restaurant that you could cook on your own hot pot at the table. We decided that we would definitely return to eat there before we caught the overnight train to ...
... walking so it we were happy to do it but we couldn't believe that the largest tourist attraction in Bangkok the one that brings in the most tourists had no easier way to get there other than forking out for a taxi. Every other city we have been, there have been metros or an easy bus to hop onto to take you to the site. Nevertheless we trekked on through the midday sun (with factor 1000 sun cream) it gave us a good chance to see what Bangkok was about. Unfortunately it did ...
... hotel in Bangkok since it looks like I will make it there tonight.
At 5:55 p.m., it’s 35 minutes until departure but no standbys have been cleared yet! ARGH. I’m waiting to book this hotel room on www.hotwire.com but need to know I’m getting a boarding pass. Then quickly seven SAs were seated in the premium cabins and the rest of us were assigned coach seats. Everyone is getting on! Whew!
Booked the Hotwire hotel and ...
Cheap, clean and nice. The place is near 7/11 and food market so it's convenient and accessible
This review is the subjective opinion of a TravelPod member and not of TravelPod.com.
TravelPod Member ReviewsNiagara Hotel Bangkok
TripAdvisor Reviews Niagara Hotel Bangkok
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $179
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $74
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $49
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $57
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $248
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $42
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $201
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $70
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $114
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $121
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $112
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $79
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $98
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $100
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $90
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $98
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $158
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Superb hotel
- Nice Hotel
- Okay, but worth your while to check elsewhere