Travel Blogs from Bangkok
... odd 5 minute breaks were our driver who didn't really speak English which was fair enough but he also was horrible and jut shouted at us to get out or honked the horn for us to get in. Along the way an Irish guy in our mini bus had a go at one of the Italians for being so slow as at the point we were trying to leave a rest stop (baring in mind we had already been waiting for the Italians for an extra 5 minutes while they stood outside the van eating biscuits, a task ...
... it was lunch time, 3pm wasn't too bad we shouldn't need dinner after. So hopped on the sky train and went back to terminal 21 for our treat meal of tacos. All you can eat, and very much looking forward to it. We could only afford water to go with it, well we could afford to go all out but have learnt not too. Out came out first round of tacos, freshly made with several choices of fillings, they were fantastic! Ed'a didn't last long and he had to wait till we ordered our next ...
... for some good quality and cheap street food. Then it's a few beers on neighbouring Rambuttri Rd. Both are heaving with backpackers. The next day we head to The Grand Palace, which is pretty amazing but so's the €25 price tag. At lunch, a crazy drunk dude who is obviously still up from last night greets our table with a belly dance and that unmistakeable glazed look in his eye. From the many years of experience seeing ...
... to have a further look around when an old man got on stage to sing and started making cat noises; even though he wasn’t our cup of tea the old women seemed to like him. We had a look around the food stalls and saw lots of different types of food that we had no idea what they were but we decided to try some of the stuff anyway. Taking our strange looking food we went and sat at the 2nd stage and watched a group of school children play ...
... more finally arriving at the main temple. I put my shoes in a provided tote bag and head in. Wow the decking Buddha is just massive and quite happy judging from the look on its face. The statue takes up the entire building which in it of itself is quite large. I hear chink chink chink an wonder what the sound is. As I turn the corner I realize it is a woman collecting change from the 100 or so change containers. For 20 baht you get a 100 coins to ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Newrotel Bangkok
Other places to stay in Bangkok
1, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Relaxing base
- Oasis in the Bangkok
- Alright for the price
คลองสาน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Truely Haven !!!!
- Nice hotel but lousy service
- Loved the Hilton
89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $179
- Very Nice
- Very romantic
- The best hotel we ever stayed in
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $124
- Perfect balance between business and pleasure
- Good Value & Nice Pool
- No problems
สวนหลวง, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $74
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $49
- Good value for money
- Not Very Good
- MUSTY SMOKE
1, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $57
188 Silom Rd, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Very nice hotel
- Only get what you pay for
- Good, not great
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $248
- Response to oct 13 review
- State of the art excellence
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $178
- Spa Cottages - True City Relaxation
- Disappointed check-in service and dirty bathroom
- Excellent for business travellers too
บางรัก, Bangkok | 2 star hotelfrom $42
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $201
- Total Package
- Everything you'd expect - and a little more!
- Fantastic Service and Good Value
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $70
- Very average club floor
- Great Hotel
- A Well-Known Entity
บางรัก, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $114
- I love Holiday Inn Bangkok
- Unhelpful staff
- Excellent - would go back anytime!!!!
วัฒนา, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $121
- Great location
- Superb Hotel, Great Service, Great Location
- Good service, decent location, heavenly bed
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $112
- Old Hotel
- A Very Good Hotel
- Great position
บางรัก, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- First class!
- Best Service, unbeatable location
- Best in the world
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $79
- Tower Suites well worth the extra cash
- An Excellent Choice - No complaints.
- Great location, views
ปทุมวัน, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $98
ป้อมปราบศัตรูพ่าย, Bangkok | 3 star hotelfrom $100
- Good hotel
- Great 5* Service
- Good location and efficient service
ราชเทวี, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $90
- For Pratunam lover
- Tired hotel
- Best Hotel in Bangkok - AMARI WATERGATE
1, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $98
- Excellent value for money!!!!!
- Modern, friendly and brand new!
บางรัก, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- The umbrella @ Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
- Best Hotel we have stayed in -ever
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $158
- Great Location, Great Deal
- 5 star hotel all the way.
87 Wireless Rd, All Seasons Place, Bangkok | 5 star hotelfrom $154
- World Class Hotel
- The Conrad...one of Bangkok's best!
- Fantastic Hotel
คลองเตย, Bangkok | 4 star hotelfrom $76
- Superb hotel
- Nice Hotel
- Okay, but worth your while to check elsewhere