New York Escape
TripAdvisor Reviews New York Escape New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
Sleep in, then out for breakfast to a nice cafe up near the cathedral. A brisk walk back to the hotel, very cold this morning, and time to pack. It's getting harder each time to get everything packed into our 4 bags and our carryon backpacks! Although we got everything in it was a serious struggle to get the bags into the car and took some maths, science and grunt to work out the best configuration, but again, we got there. The drive ...
... to rip you off. So, my savviness paid off and I had a pleasant $5 cab ride.That's when I got my first dose of the Indian roads. Rule number one: there are no rules. I saw dogs, dodgy areas and cars coming from every direction, but I just sat back and took it all in. I felt completely surrendered to where I was and where I was going in this new type of flow.
We arrived at the Radisson Blu and I felt like a princess. Employees took my bags, opened my ...
... Less than an hour later my mobile phone rings, a true rarity when overseas, especially this as it was a +44 number... Great Britain. Had to be Kevin and indeed it was thanking me for my message and just to let me know that my bag was now in his hotel room and true to form the delivery man had delivered his bag at me. My god. He'd already sent mine back and I went up to Thomas' concierge and had his sent back after checking the tag, The fact that Kevin Theo decided to ask me my plans ...
... of the two buildings stood with a smaller hole in the centre of each. Water cascades down from the top across the base of the big hole to then fall into the second seemingly bottomless one. Around the edge of each memorial are the names of the people who lost their lives in the bombing in 1993 and the destruction of 2001. Their names are cut into the metal and on their birthday, the World Trade Centre Memorial trust place a white rose in their name. We saw 2 white roses today. ...
... tte, including names such as Gustav Klimt, Oskar Kokoschka, Egon Schiele, Josef Hoffmann, Dagobert Peche, Otto Prutscher, Koloman Moser, Ernst Lichtblau and Josef Frank.
Another of the artists involved was Christa Ehrlich who was educated in Vienna (1922-1925) where she studied with Josef Hoffman among others. Commissioned by Hoffman, Ehrlich was responsible for part of the interiors of the Austrian pavilion at the Exposition des Arts ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!