New York Escape
Travel Blogs from New York City
... like that they're building the new tallest building on site. I was even more impressed that, in a fit of common sense, security only temporarily confiscated my forgotten pen knife at the door!
A top tip for any visit: take the free commuter Staten Island Ferry to get fantastic views of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline, even with a bar on board. We were lucky enough to have timed our trip at sunset, so we got some doubly impressive views ...
... to the airport, we had to wait 1/2 hour in the check-in line. During check-in, we got priority for our baggage because of my upgrade. After check-in, we all went down to eat dinner. At around 10, we went through security and to the plane. We left at around 11. After take-off, we had dinner and after that, I passed ...
... she also sent me an e-mail saying that she had done that, which allowed me to send back a VERY cranky e-mail insisting that they reinstate my ticket and Kenny's. They did, but the damage was done. The passes that I printed from home now had the wrong reservation number on them. I had no facility for printing new passes; hence, we were stopped at the scanning site because our passes came up "returned." Fortunately, they seem to ...
... of taking the train with your bag?". Unfortunately, he couldn't possibly take three days off from work to do this whole trip with me and did debate on just taking tomorrow's leg to Chicago and fly back home but that proved to be way to expensive (train ticket + airfare + car service from airport to home + doggy day care). Apparently, he's still debating going though.
But my bags are packed and ready to go and so am I!
Our plan for the first day was to try and get tickets to the NY Yankees vs Boston Redsox baseball game. If we wanted to experience a game it had to be the first night as the Yankees were not going to be in town for the remaider of our stay. This game is like a Crows vs Power game with a lot of historic rivalry. Here when people are not going to use their season tickets for a match, they make them available on the ...
TripAdvisor Reviews New York Escape New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $230
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $242
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $224
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $264
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $470
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $297
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $245
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $291
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $170
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $271
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $305
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $335
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $248
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $245
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $217
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $309
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $267
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $200
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $116
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $301
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $264
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $385
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $99
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!