New York Escape
TripAdvisor Reviews New York Escape New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... because our plane was delayed an hour- whew! We packed our bags, and then left them at the apartment while we went to check out the Graffiti Wall in Harlem. We stopped back by the apartment, grabbed our bags and hit the subway to head to the Brooklyn Bridge. It was rainy again, and foggy, so the pictures of that day are few and not the best quality. It was a great short little walk across the bridge though. Bring a lock to put ...
... we did make it to our two destinations of the day eventually.
First stop was the Discovery Centre to experience Avengers Station, a cool interactive experience that simulates becoming an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Alex and I obviously were in our element, enjoying the movie memorabilia and the sheer geekyness of it all.
Then we got lost in the rain yet again trying to find somewhere for lunch, ...
... and Rach. It was a great venue for the gig and he played a mixture of new and old songs from his time with Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate. Our favourites were Dark Blue, La La Lie and Synethesia. At one point he jumped down into the crowd to sing a song with everyone and another time took someone’s phone up on stage, facetimed their girlfriend and asked her to sing along with him. He had great stage presence ...
... a flight simulator game!
The highlights of the day though were sightseeing around the Rockefeller centre and up the Empire State building.. wow, what views of the city - at around sunset.
Eating out remains a hit and miss affair.. started off with mass made pancakes and according to Dad, awful coffee at a diner where the waitrons sing.. many of these guys and gals ...
... that showed how everything is organized now. Geoff and I were underdressed but made welcome all the same. That was the first time today that I felt like someone wasn’t wanting money from us. There was a large world globe in the lobby; we were asked what did we notice about it? … There were no boarders, just the way it was intended in the first place.
As we were about to leave a lady was asking about walking across the Brooklyn bridge. ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!