New Korea Hotel
Photos of New Korea Hotel
TripAdvisor Reviews New Korea Hotel Seoul
Travel Blogs from Seoul
... options here, but it’s all booked out (note to self – book ahead next time). I’ve spent some time lying down on the floor in one of the quiet zones, and I think I have had about an hour of sleep doing that. I am really looking forward to this time tomorrow, when I will be in my warm soft bed again.
Final thoughts on Korea
- Free filtered water everywhere.
- Transport is efficient, cheap, ...
... most interesting thing in the park was a metal mesh-like sculpture of a giant man. Kids were allowed to climb up on leg, crawl through the body and slide down the other leg. John was going to do it too but we didn't know if it was just for kids and we couldn't read any of the rules. By this time it was getting late and we knew we had a long walk home. Before leaving the park we went to see the deer park real quick. The poor deer were obese and eating the paper ...
... and South officials would meet to discuss issues. On the North side of the border, one military official paced back and forth and looked through binoculars at the people visiting on the South side. We were told that within some of the buildings, North Korean snipers were at the ready so we should refrain from looking at the building or making any kind of motions towards them.
We then went into one of the buildings where meetings are often held. It was here that ...
When my brother told me he was coming to visit, I asked him what he wanted to do while in Seoul. He lived here for over a year teaching English, so he was already familiar with the options he had. One of the first things that he mentioned was finding the "giant gold Buddha". He claimed it was on very few maps, and, therefore, not many tourists get to see it. I was intrigued.
There is actually two fairly easy ways to get to the Buddha, ...
... br> Culture shock of the day:
- Washing Dishes (men don't wash dishes)
- Traditional Asian medicine (its large and tastes disgusting) *picture holding it on bus
- Movie theater snacks (squid being fried in the entrance)
- Red lights (you must completely stop your vehicle until green, unless you don't want too)
- Cross walk (nobody ever J-walks.. ever)
- Cross walk (Lights take considerably longer to change and the count down begins at something like 40)