Nelchina Point Suites
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... this museum and not bother with the main museum. This was worth seeing for learning about the Alaskan native history and culture and they had an interesting outdoor display of different dwellings that the different native groups used with a young person in each dwelling there to answer any questions that visitors may have.
There were also live displays of dancing and singing and ...
... the game via the free courtesy shuttle.
After the museum, the shuttle came and whisked us through Anchorage rush hour back to our hotel where Hans gracious picked us up for pizza and wine at their house. His wife Anna and son Hans (4 yo) were delightful hosts and it was great to see a real neighborhood. Their house was a short walk from Turnagain Arm where we could see downtown ...
... moment. I slept at the airport last night, or tried to (what else is new?!) and caught my 2 ½ hour flight to Anchorage around 2:40pm today.
Once I landed in Anchorage, I waited about 2 hours for my hotel shuttle to show. I had paperwork from Princess telling me the shuttle comes every 30 minutes, so I clearly must have just missed one upon arriving at the shuttle pickup, because the next time I saw one was nearly 40 minutes later as it zoomed past the second ...
... coats, hats and gloves. Near Talkeetna we visited the champion sled dogs of Martin Buser. Martin Buser has been the 4 time winner of the Iditarod 1,000 mile race in March from Anchorage to Nome. The dogs are bred especially for fast, endurance racing. You can see in one of the photos how the dogs are protected to shield and care for their bodies during this race, against the harsh conditions, that they would experience. A picnic lunch was ...
... br> I’ve also has the chance to get out on country with some great field trips. In August, Ilse and I spent two weeks in Barrow, Alaska inside the Arctic Circle working with Professor Craig Tweedie’s team (University of Texas, El Paso) measuring the impacts of climate change in coastal erosion (nearly two metres of tundra coastline is lost annually) and the impacts of permafrost thawing. While there I gave lectures at the Ilisagvik College ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Großartiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!