Nelchina Point Suites
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... though we had a timetable to meet, the bus still stopped to let us watch a bear. The bear was close to the road and meandered slowly through the tundra looking for berries. I forgot to mention that on a previous day we saw a bear sleeping in the distance. He was far enough away Jan, our naturalist, put up her telescope. He'd roll over. At one point he stood up for a bit, then laid back down. What I can't describe in the blog is how it ...
... that it's an invalid code. If you put Rachel's zip code in, it tells you that it doesn't match your billing address. So you have to go inside and pay cash. "How much gas do you want?" is the next question. Don't really know. What's the tank size on my rental car? She doesn't know either. How do you convert litres to gallons? (yep - America still uses imperial - about the only country on the planet to do so). So you make an estimate in litres, convert it to ...
It was a long day of travel...5 1/2 hours on plane. Cousins had a whole row to themselves and grandparents 6 rows ahead of them.....they were quiet little angels! Checked on them occasionally. They had Pringles for lunch.....shhhhh....don't tell parents! Journal entries from ...
... between Australia and the USA and I have, so far, been successful in this regard. Australia remains "US Deputy Sheriff in the Pacific" and Australians continue to enthusiastically embrace American culture so that Americans will feel comfortable visiting their No 1 holiday destination. Reciprocally, many Australian readers of ‘the view’ have now added Alaska to their bucket list so the prospects for an ongoing friendly intercourse between USA ...
... down pat. Off and collected our luggage in about 15mins. Much better experience than the hours long fiasco in Brisbane with P&O!
Found our transfer bus easy peasy, locked & loaded. Quite funny audio commentary on the 2.5hr bus trip to Anchorage, mostly about the size of the mosquitos, depth of the snow in winter and the craziness of cabin fever. Couple of interesting facts: There are an estimated 100,000 glaciers in Alaska! I think ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!