Nelchina Point Suites
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... his way. If someone from that group reads this and got a picture, I'd appreciate a copy of it.
At the train station we were given box lunches, then we boarded the train to Anchorage. We were in an observation car. The scenery was beautiful, but as in the trip from Fairbanks to Denali, the scenery to Anchorage was fairly monotonous.
As the train ambled slowly through the countryside (it seemed the average speed was 35 ...
... of the valley and surrounding mountains. Heard all about the 1964 earthquake which ended up being assessed as 9.2 - the second most powerful quake ever. The quake lasted for 5 minutes, and between it and the subsequent tsunami, not much was left in southern Alaska.
Reached the downtown hospitality centre late morning, and went for a walk around the city centre. They had a lovely 'Saturday Market' this being a Sunday and all, and we noticed again how similar ...
... them no. But unlucky for us there was a cruise ship in and no available cars to hire. We decided to go with the flow organised a taxi with the hopes of dropping off our bags before our check in at 2 but at the hotel 'the comfort inn' we were able to get our room straight away. They then brought up our bags that we had left here while we flew to Kodiak. After sorting our selves out we headed to the shops for lunch and shopping. ...
... conversations with local environmental organisations including the Alaska Centre for the Environment, The Great Land Trust and local tribal organisations such as the Chickaloon Tribal Village.
One of my favourite invitations was talking to Grade 5 at the Rogers Park Elementary School, where, amongst a range of weighty topics, we discussed the important question of who would win in a fight between a bear and a crocodile. Given the ...
What a fantastic night's sleep with the aid of a brain deadener! I heard people moving around but fell asleep again. When I finally woke about 9.30pm there was a girl in the top bunk opposite me when it had been empty when we all went to bed……oops & I’d taken her pillow to put under my knee as it was so bad when there is a sign attached to the bunks which specifically says not to remove any linen from another bed – being pedantic (not at ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!