Nelchina Point Suites
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... project is to build "The Children's City" at Monte Sinai. He is already working on a draft and details of the project to present it in the future.
The school at Monte Sinai is a multi-complex building. It serves as a community gathering, a church, a school and an adult training center. Father Simon is a very practical person and he believes in using infrastructures to the max.
The reason we wanted to see the school at Monte Sinai is because part of ...
... We walked back to the hotel to find the guys already checked into out huge, beautiful rooms (the bathroom was bigger than most of Winnie)!! The views out the full length window of Anchorage and Cook Inlet were beautiful. After a short rest, we headed to dinner at Simon and Seafort's Saloon and Grill where we ordered Rock salt roasted prime rib, Asiago-Almond Crusted Scallops, and a duo of Grilled halibut ...
... There there is an interesting museum with historic snowmobiles and outboard motors, pontoon-mounted fish wheels, and interesting houses and businesses in the village. Dianne asks around as to where we can see the salmon, and is told that there are a lot of fishermen at the Klutina River Bridge. We cross the river and park to walk down and look at the action. There is indeed active fishing, and we take close ups of a female salmon full of roe being filleted, freshly landed ...
... and subsistence advocate, writes evocatively in "Shopping for Porcupine" about the cultural and ecological impact of snow mobiles. Kantner argues that snow mobiles contributed to a decline in community cohesion, an unhealthy reliance on technology that reduced subsistence and survival skills, and promoted unsustainable hunting practices. He cites stories of how hunters on fast moving snow mobiles would chase down and shoot an entire wolf pack in an afternoon - and sell ...
... from A to B. Right from the start, when the conductor came over the mic to point out a bald eagle off our left, it became apparent that this was more of a scenic ride with commentary than just a convenient way to get to Anchorage. Dinner in the meal car was spectacular with world-class views on both sides. Waterfalls, a bald eagle couple with baby, numerous glaciers, an amazying sunset, and then some whales made for a truly spectacular journey. What a great ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!