Nelchina Point Suites
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... a sweetie and Graham and Merri are great parents. We've enjoyed a weekend here seeing downtown Anchorage, hiking in a park and just visiting and cuddling Teddy. After almost 2 months without seeing a familiar face it is so great to be with family! We will be back here with them next weekend but we'll spend this week camping near Hatcher Pass and/or Eklutna Lake.
Enjoy the pics!
Carrie & ...
After having breakfast at Snow City- yummy, we walked down the street about half a block to a statue of Captain Cook and a viewing platform, then it was back to the hotel to check out and get on the road.
First stop: Walmart!
Walmart is Walmart no matter where you are!
Our first stop was at Potters Marsh a wetlands area that was created when the railroad/road was built. We walked most of the board ...
... and to touch some snow. We made it to the top after 10 pm and in the low hanging sun, we were finally able to see Denali in all it's great glory! Succes! Unfortunately my flight was approaching and we had to head back so I could pack and get to the airport. My flight left at 1:40 am and was completely full. Alaskans are nuts. I slept the whole way to Phoenix, but woke up just long enough to snap a few photos of the Grand Canyon. ...
I thought I would stay up to get the sun setting last night, but there was too much smoke haze around. We havn't actually seen any areas that have been burnt, but know how the smoke can travel from great distances. Departed Anchorage early, and first stop was to the huge Shopping Complex called Fred Meyer. Then after the Happy Trails Kennel Tour, we made our picnic lunches and ate them in the sunshine. Such a lovely mild day. It was a waste of ...
... br> This boggy area is supposed to be a good for moose viewing (the forest had been burned) but no luck. The naturalist on the train said that the moose seem to make themselves scarce as hunting season approaches (it will start soon)....
At 393 mi from Anchorage, we can see Clear Air Force Base Radar site off in the distance. It is now a NORAD site, with huge radar facilities to detect, track, intercept (ICBMs) incoming hostiles. It was built during Cold War ...
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!