National at Park Towers
TripAdvisor Reviews National at Park Towers New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... ops on the way up the street). Little did we know you could go in and have a look around the lobby, which was quite neat. I must mention that our guide was totally into art deco architecture and had quite the passion for it, so he was a great one to give the tour.
After Chrysler, we popped into the Chanin Building which had some beautiful art deco décor inside (see photos)...and we didn't realize...there is a subway stop that pops ...
... a big walk around the city. It's easy to pass a few hours this way, the blocks stretch on forever in each direction (if you've never been, New York has surprisingly enormous wide streets to peer down) and there's always lots to see. We made our way along Broadway, then 5th, a route we've done a few times in the past, and stopped at a few of our favourites – the Flat Iron, Empire State, Times Square and the Rockafella. The ...
... it wasn't as physical as I was expecting it to be from the movies but there is a lot of pushing and shoving in an attempt to keep the girl with the star on her helmet from lapping the track. The track in this case being an NCAA feel basketball court in the City University of New York. Basketball aficionados - all was well with the court, it was protected by thick rubber matting! Something a bit different to do when in New York.
... 160; Phew! I was now wide awake and it was only 5.30, so I pottered around for a couple of hours before going out to get some breakfast, just before 8. It was a fairly basic but a bit quirky cafe where I got a typical american breakfast. A lovely day, so I sat outside. I checked out and left the hotel at 9.15 to get to Union Station. A three block walk then the Metro for five stops got me there in 30 minutes. Union Station is a ...
... up with mum and dad for dinner - they had been to a Harlem Gospel Choir and luncheon thing during the day. Mum had said how they were craving a roast dinner and chops and potatoes, so Ryan and I searched around for something fitting. Well, they don't really do roast dinners like we do, but we found an Irish pub not far from our hotel that actually had on offer the first roast dinner we have come across, and thick-cut New York steak that wasn't too expensive. Low and behold ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!