National at Marquis Tree Tops
Travel Blogs from Austin
... of the houses in New México have grass on their front lawns but rather piles of rocks? It makes complete sense because I’m still surprised that anything is able to live in that dry and arid of a climate at all never-mind grass (which most American’s can barely even grow). We continued to jam out all the way to Sandia Mountain where we planned to take a sunset tram ride up and around the mountain and valley. Unfortunately when we got there the tram was ...
... Got the car, and set about trying to find two radio stations and literally couldn't find them at all. I am good at directions but this took a map reading partner. Eventually found one, it was a bit snazzy so just pretended to be really cool....don't think it worked as I was quite flummoxed at this point. Had a bit of a wasted day really, just got lost a lot! I do like driving though. No one seems to care that much about road rules...I've done some very ...
Well, The Bachelor Party started off with a nice round of golf. Who I am I kidding, Not one of us could swing a club straight by the 5th hole. With all the friends there we headed down to check into our place for the weekend. I am just going to fast forward until sunday because what happen over the weekend will never be spoken of! Only the memories ...
... log in the middle of the woods! ART. I love art.
Further down the Green Belt, I met a lovely older lady from Washington who told me of the Hoh Rainforest and Ruby Beach among other places to visit.
Blues on the Green.
I met up with Luke and we began preparations for the final "Blues on the Green" (B on the G) of the summer. We parked near the high school and began our journey towards Zilker Park. We bobbed and weaved through the traffic across ...
... asked for a long list of stuff including:
- The hotel we were in (because "it's fancy").
- A helicopter she would park in her driveway.
- A chamber full of gold she would access through a panel in her wall, opened only by a biometric scanner that would read her fingerprint so she could be assured that nobody but her could enter.
I've surmised that one reason I'm not experiencing crabby, screaming kids is because the venue at the hotel ...
Other places to stay in Austin
Bouldin, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Nice but needs room makeover
- Not too good
- Terrific staff! Great location.
University of Texas - Austin, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $179
South River City, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $377
- Terrific Hotel
- Just okay....
- Consistent top rated hotel in town
Bouldin, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $180
- Embassy Suites...Average Hotel, Ideal location
- Free beer!!
- Good hotel, careless housekeeping
Bouldin, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $179
- Radisson Austin Great
- Great Location and price
- Fine and dandy
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $187
- It's a decent hotel for a decent price--staff great!
- Dreamy beds, gracious staff
- Nice Hotel, but a terrible stay
St. Johns, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $134
South River City, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $152
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Great Hotel
- Great Stay, Very Comfortable
- Hilton Austin Convention Center
St. Johns, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Southeast Austin, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Some quirks, great food
- Uncomfortable Stay
- Nice stay - see our photos !
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $191
- Great downtown location
- A Fabulous Hotel in my opinion
- Convenient downtown location
St. Johns, Austin | 2 star hotelfrom $61
University Hills and Windsor Park, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $146
9721 Arboretum Blvd, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $202
- Beautiful place, fantastic location
- Perfect weekend getaway
9515 Hotel Drive, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $102
East Cesar Chavez, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $164
- Ok room, but Crowne needs to work on Cleanliness
- Great Place at a Great Price
- Loved the Crown!
Downtown, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $226
St. Johns, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $125
East Riverside - Oltorf, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $120
North Crossing, Austin | 3 star hotelfrom $114
Downtown, Austin | 2 star hotelfrom $202
- Gliding Revolution-Downtown Segway Glide
- Excellent choice for downtown Austin!
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $197
- Great if you get a deal..
- Cozy and classy
- The lowdown
7800 N Interstate Highway 35, Austin | Hotelfrom $65
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $202
- Overrated - This is really a bad choice
- The Beautiful Driskill
- Beautiful, historic, fantastic service
Downtown, Austin | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- My favorite Austin hotel
- Rooms are fine, but service is lacking
- Nice rooms -- shame about the road noise!