National at Archstone Belltown
Travel Blogs from Seattle
Wx - Overcast (Min: 6, Max: 8)
Arrived in Seattle to an overcast and drizzly day...not that I wasn't warned by my hosts, John Lewis & Shawn Maxey! Was met at the Seattle/Tacoma Airport by John - fortunately he was wearing his bright orange beanie, so he was easy to spot after catching the underground train to the baggage collection area.
We then ventured back to Shilshole Bay Mariner, where his boat (Active Transport) ...
... getting a start on America. After of course, we were craving Chinese food. So we went to harbor city the oldest Chinese restaurant there with the intent of ordering one of Bruce Lee's favorite dishes but of course... they didn't have it. :( we went with scallops in black bean sauce... Om nom nom. Also we stopped in to King of dim sum and got a bunch of food for $5!! A steal. 60 cent steamed pork buns, shrimp dumplings, daikon cake, baked bbq pork buns and so ...
- We were officially out of the woods and back in civilization.
- Drove through Wendy's for late lunch at 3:00 PM in Sedro-Woolley on the way to Seattle.
- Lunch was $10.72 for the two of us.
- Got to Seattle at 4:30 PM and first filled up the gas tank.
- It had been 248.2 miles since our last gas stop, so gas was $46.26.
- Arrived at Jack's parents house in Seattle at 5:00 PM.
- They immediately welcomed us ...
... on without the appropraite gear - and incase you're wondering, my 'boys' are the Seahawks seeing as we're in Seattle :P), and it was basically shoulder to shoulder. I was talking to the guy at the checkout (a jersey and a beanie later), and he was saying that this was actually a quite day - it was usually BUSIER!
After fighting my way through the team store, our next mission was finding our seats. They weren't exactly close to the field, but the field itself is ...
... s 2010 entertainer of the year. His mellow voice transported to the islands we've enjoyed many times. He greeted us after the show and offered his cheek for a kiss. I felt like a teenage girl again! When I told him I wished he sang "E O Mai" (a song made popular by Keali'i Reichel) he said he had almost done that one.
We headed to our cabin for a night of blissful slumber with the gentle rocking of the ship.
Other places to stay in Seattle
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $240
- Loved it!
- Wrong Room Key at the Westin
- Smoke, Smoke and more Smoke...
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $201
- Nice touch from the Sheraton
- This is a great place to stay!
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $231
- Dark and Cold are four letter words for me
- Great Contemporary Atmosphere
- A great business hotel
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $217
- Comfortable Stay for Our Family of 4
- Great Experience
- Spacious, Clean room, good location
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $228
- Great location, great rooms, great hotel!
- Great week
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $223
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $155
- Old Doubletree in Seattle
- Additional Parking Fee!!!
- Pay for what you get...
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Worst Restaurant I have EVER dined in
- Nice airport hotel
- Excellent hotel, great choice for business travellers
515 Madison Street, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $93
- Hot Water Would Have Been Nice
- Nice place, great location
- Very comfortable
Downtown, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $219
- Not what we'd expected
- Best staff on earth!!!!!
- Nice hotel with big rooms.
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Seamless transition to Fairmont
- A must stay
- Weekend at the Fairmont (June 4-6)
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Interesting Marriott Property
- Tired and Disappointing
- Kind of worn out!
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $281
- Seattle Marriot 4eva
- FAR Exceeded Expectations
- New Hotel, friendly, efficient staff
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $155
Belltown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $244
- Staying there again next trip to Seattle
- The Edgewater made our vacation!!!
Reforma/Downtown, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $60
- A good value in Seattle
- Best Value for Budget Hotel
- Great deal
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $219
- Good Location
- HONEYMOON WITHOUT THE HONEY
Downtown, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $206
- Good location
- Awful Hotel
Downtown, Seattle | 5 star hotelfrom $449
Seattle Center, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $219
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $137
- Walk to the airport from this gem.
- Don't Waste Your Time
- Finally, a decent airport hotel
Belltown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $263
- This is NOT a four star hotel!!!
- Fine, but only at the introductory half-price rate
Downtown, Seattle | 4 star hotelfrom $220
Tukwila Urban Center, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $143
South-Lake Union, Seattle | 3 star hotelfrom $187
SeaTac Airport, Seattle | 2 star hotelfrom $108