NATIONAL AT THE METROPOLIS
TripAdvisor Reviews NATIONAL AT THE METROPOLIS New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
Today I went to Woodbury common. It was kind of fun we went to a starbucks and had something to eat after that we went shopping I couldn't find anything that I liked so we went to Starbucks again and had something to eat again then went shopping again this time I found something I found a nice T shirt and some jeans after that we went home and I started playing with my skateboard then I played on my IPad then we went out for dinner I had steak n'chips then we went home and went to ...
... looked so different from our visit 11 years ago when it was a whole in the ground. The memorial has two pools about an acre each which sit in the footprints where the two towers stood. Unfortunately we could't visit the museum as it didn't open until Noon. We walked around Lower Manhattan then caught a subway up to 42nd Street and went to see the Avengers exhibition just off Times Square. The exhibit is very well presented as you get to become ...
... endless tales about buses at the cost of a £25 phone bill !!! Very little discussion about the cruise so far but lots of tales about bus drivers not knowing where they are going and buses being missed out - apparently this isn't a problem unless you have an appointment. Once off the ship and through immigration after submitting ourselves to finger printing etc we walked from pier 90 up East 52 Street to Broadway and caught the hop on hop off ...
... when there's less tourists around! A short walk from here, Guy took us to a tunnel which runs right behind the falls. There are two viewpoints where you can stand right behind the cascading water. Being so close really gives you a sense of it's power. Guy then took us down to the Hornblower boat terminal where he advised us that the front right of the ferry is the best place to stand. There was nobody else standing there when we boarded (obviously they ...
... are definitely one of the heavyweights of the league.
In true American baseball style, I bought some peanuts and crackerjacks. Crackerjacks as it turns out are just pieces of popcorn covered in crushed nuts and caramel. A bit of a letdown, as they were extremely sweet. The peanuts were also proper peanuts, shell and all, so that was another first for me as well. In true tourist style, I also bought my drink in a souvenir cup, and my ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!