NATIONAL AT THE METROPOLIS
TripAdvisor Reviews NATIONAL AT THE METROPOLIS New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... From there we then walked to the 9/11 memorial. The first thing I noticed when we arrived was the overwhelming sense of absence. Even from a distance, the sky line doesn't look right, the silence surrounding it, unfamiliar in such a busy city. As we walked up to the south pool, where one of the towers once stood, I was surprised at the amount of people taking selfies, it's essentially a massive gravestone and it's strange how many people ...
... in the dark - but it wasn't helped by the fact they are currently doing roadworks across the entrance to Wall Street! On the plus side we found a really nice square one end with lights in the trees ready for Christmas. And the other side we witnessed some kind of demonstration. All very exciting. Eventually I asked the NYPD Man for directions and we finally got to see the New York Stock exchange.
We still had some time so we caught the subway down ...
... Austin, Houston, New York (my first one), London, and Lippstadt. There have been Meets in Albuquerque, Boston, and a few other places where I have not participated. However, I have personally met members of a2k in Moscow and Mexico City, and both acquaintances were generous enough to give me a personal tour of their home town. ...
Butler brought brekkie ( isn't that nice alliteration! ) then to yoga for lots of interesting poses ( candle pose Kaz???) and relaxing in the spa. Second breakfast and then ship exploring. Lunch in the haven ( we are a bit over food) and Royce goes to a black jack tournament and I go to a cooking ...
... got on the 3.48pm train back to Pennsylvania Station and New York. We got a seat, but it ended up quite crowded, and people were standing up as the train picked up more along the line. Whilst walking through Pennsylvania station, we noticed a KMart store in the arcade ! That was a surprise, as when we went in, it opened out into quite a large store. We had a good look around and bought a new duffle bag with wheels and a handle, to ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!