NATIONAL AT THE METROPOLIS
TripAdvisor Reviews NATIONAL AT THE METROPOLIS New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
... find a couple of good pubs in the area specialising in Belgian beers, so dinner was sorted!
We hit the Met the next day and loved every minute of the fantastic exhibits. Of course, we didn’t see half of them, but would highly recommend the Egyptian section to anyone visiting the museum. We laughed about the difference in the Cairo exhibition, which is so poorly lit and covered in dust, and the awesome presentation ...
... yum) and then heard the story about the assassination of Joey Gallo:
Tony Soprano frequently had a desire to “hit Umberto’s for some scungilli and calamari,” as this Little Italy eatery has been featured numerous times on The Sopranos. Its real-life mob roots run deeper as the site of the assassination of New York gangster Joey Gallo, aka”Crazy Joe.” In ...
... The show, which was narrated by Neil de Grasse Tyson, was supposed to be about dark matter. At the end of it, all I learned was I shouldn’t feel bad about not understanding what it is because neither do the cosmologists—they just know that whatever it is, it accounts for 95% of the mass of the universe and they can’t find it.
We left the planetarium, saw what looked like a 90-foot tall reconstructed Branosaurus in the museum, went out & ...
Our usually reliable body clocks failed us on Wednesday morning (possible due to the two hours sleep on Monday night) and we had a lovely sleep in. We jumped on a bus tour that took us to the Brooklyn Bridge where we did the lovely walk across and got an amazing view of the city. We strolled around Brooklyn for a little while then got the subway back to Manhattan Island. ...
... clans, NYC branches of whatevers, a few highland dancers, and a lot of pipe bands. There was a comical Nessie -who looked like he was having a bit of trouble seeing out of his costume;, a journalist hopping about all over the place with the best tote bag that said ‘Och aye the noo’ -I want one!-; a mostly well-behaved doggie section, and some gorgeous people giving out wee little Scottie dawg parade beads :D
We had a lot of ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
270 West 43rd Street , New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $258
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
790 7th Avenue at 51st Street, New York City | 3 star hotel
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Clinton, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $293
- Great stay
- Problems with Cleanliness of Rooms
- Nasty, not worth the $$$