NATIONAL AT THE METROPOLIS
TripAdvisor Reviews NATIONAL AT THE METROPOLIS New York City
Travel Blogs from New York City
Today we had a walking tour booked with Inside Out tours called Highlights of Midtown Architecture. We met outside the UN Building at 11am and the tour was three hours long.
It was a great tour actually - we saw parts of the city we would have otherwise overlooked, and went into a few buildings that we would not have known we could go in. Of course, the UN Building is off limits, but we walked up thru a part of the area called Tudor ...
... and having a good time. It was full of all sorts of people, mostly families, and there's a brilliant atmosphere – especially at the 7th inning when they play 'Take Me Out To The Ball Game' and everyone sings and dances along with it, or of course when they hit a home run! The Mets even won which we're told is extremely unusual!
We took a subway all the way back into the city and found on arrival that the good ...
... OK onwards - Yankee Stadium. Biggish, bright clean and up on the 4th level right at the top where we were, just a wee bit windy! Only Willem had previously been to a US baseball game so this was a new one for most of us. It seems that baseball in New York's number one sport despite the NHL and 2 NBA teams. The stadium was awash with blue interspersed only with the odd orange for the Baltimore Orioles fans. Strangely (in my mind at least) they play ...
... there and it was most embarrassing. We continued walking up to Central Park. It was absolutely beautiful - just like the parks in Chicago - with snow covered grasslands, trees and iced-over ponds. Very, very pretty. The park is so large though, so we didn't get around much of it before heading to a Broadway show at 3:00 pm, which was a last minute decision. Ryan and I separated so that I could go and buy the tickets in time, and he was going to meet me at the theater via the hotel ...
... in and had burgers. Yum.
After lunch, we walked around the store for a while before making our way to the Bronx and the Botanic Gardens for a tour of miniature NYC made from organic materials. The train trip was long, you don't realise how big the five boroughs of NYC are until you get off Manhattan. It took around 40 minutes on the train and then a 15 minute walk in pouring rain. Then when we got to the garden we had another ten minute walk to get ...
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $61
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
304 E. 42nd Street, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $23
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!