TripAdvisor Reviews Museum Center Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... into each other. The only thing higher on the heirarchy of being yielded to is trams. Our first real ride went well, I was on high alert. The rest of the warm afternoon was fun, we rode around the coolest park and tried to find the "Iamsterdam" sign that we were supposed to meet at, turns out it myseriously moves around the city and wasn't in the park at all. This park is such a beautiful amenity for this city, hundreds of people were camped out in the ...
... out of the way all the time as they ride fast through without any slowing down. Pretty scary at times! We visited the Coster Diamond Factory opposite the Van Gogh Museum for an interesting demonstration of the diamond cutting process and grading process and were shown and allowed to touch and handle actual diamonds and settings. Mind you, the door was locked and security cameras were on us all the time! ...
... in the heist. Nothing is mentioned of me, or of my involvement. Relieved by this news, I'm still alarmed to read that a world-wide manhunt is on for the thieves, and that the search is centering on the city of Amsterdam, for reasons that are not made clear in the article. Unbeknownst to me, today has been the calm before the storm - a brief hiatus before all hell breaks loose the very next day; the day when Patty and I travel to Delft to see Lisa's friend Piet and my niece Emily.
... in Amsterdam Centraal, we utilized the lockers they had available to store our backpacks while we explored Amsterdam for the remainder of the day.
Andy and I decided to skip purchasing bus passes to get around Amsterdam, so we explored by foot. We decided that it was probably best, as it allowed us to see and discover more things around the city.
We had originally planned to do the Anne Frank Museum as our first stop in Amsterdam, but we ...
... In most places in Europe, riding a bike is a more reasonable option rather than driving, but Amsterdam takes it to a new level. They have their own traffic laws for bikes, and the people get extremely upset if you break them. In my two days there I have seen multiple fights from people on bicyles, whether it be verbal, or physical to the point of getting off their bikes and having to be held back. Many bikers also will push other bikers if they are ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant