Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... to carry our suitcases up and down stairs at every stop. We finally mad it into Amsterdam around 6:00. We had a great dinner at a restaurant by our hotel (where I finally had mussels) then we headed out to explore the city. Without realizing it, we wandered into the Red-light District. It actually wasn't too bad in the area where we were at. We then went to ...
... under a rock Anne Frank was a young German-Jewish girl who went into hiding with her family and family friends during WWII. Originally from Germany, the family moved to the Netherlands not long after Hitler took power in their home country hoping to live a life of freedom. This idea was lost when the Nazi’s invaded the Netherlands and forced the family into hiding. Otto Frank owned a shop at the time, under someone else’s name, and ...
... to listen as it moved to a narrator talking about the city.
When the tour was finished we headed to have a warming up coffee and a cookie. It was nearing the afternoon (we'd gotten up late and missed breakfast) so after the coffees and a browse around 9 streets, we went back to the hotel to freshen up.
I am a big KISS fan and I like 70s/80s rock music and I also love the Hard Rock Cafe so that is where we went for our dinner. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh ...
... I never had a chance to see the first time. Being such a large city full of culture and history, it is impossible to see all it has to offer in one day, but we were able to make the best of our time here.
Our first evening in Amsterdam, Josh and I met up with a dear friend of mine for a sushi feast near the Red Light district.
Amsterdam's famed red light district is world renouned for its legalized prostitution and sex ...
... those buxom ladies behind those glass doors. Hmmm. Anyway, after that we shopped and picked up some new clothes to add to our ever growing wardrobes. Yay for shopping and new clothes! Checked into the hotel later that evening, had a group dinner and then tucked ourselves into our double bed. Too bad I was too full from dinner for cuddles! That will teach me for next ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Museum Center Amsterdam
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant