TripAdvisor Reviews Museum Center Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
Just a little update.... Unfortunately I've been struck by a Dutch virus and have spent much of the last 18 hours in my room feeling pathetic...
We arrived on Monday via the Eurostar through Brussels ... All very efficient.
Yesterday I had booked on a walking tour
Reading between the lines it's run by a guy who's a history buff and went back to do ...
... apply for using the word bus ) and we are on our way to Amsterdam. During this trip our Tour Director now to always be referred to here as "TD" gave us the full speel on Trafalgar and what we are to expect in the next couple of weeks. Sounds like we are in for a good time and everyone we have spoken to up to date has been great. We cross into the Netherlands and it's water, windmills and cows. No fences as the paddocks are all divided by small water canals similar ...
... in the 110 powered USA. Looking for comfort food in the hectares of the food floor, we settled on the sushi bar, of all places, where the equally pleasant Japanese waiter told me that my drink was cold enough when I requested more ice.
Poor Lennon tried three times to go up in a balloon by Check-Point Charlie but was foiled by Herr Nino weather each time. She was able to select mysterious fruits from KaDeWe, however, ...
... experience - 4 beers for $25 euro. We didn't know there would be such a difference in price.
Later, for dinner, we headed out, determined to find a different neighbourhood to dine in. After 2 hours of walking (around in circles at some points) we were well and truely over it. I really lost my sense of direction here. The streets are laid out in semi circles that radiate from the train station. The ...
... walk toward the south, following the Herengracht canal, we were quickly surrounded by a sea of orange. Everyone, including many pets, wore orange shirts, hats of every size and shape imaginable, wigs, etc., as a show of pride for the Dutch Royal family, the House of Orange-Nassau.
Along the sidewalks and bridges, many locals had set-up vrijmarkts (literally ‘free markets’), giving them an opportunity to sell their ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Keizersgracht 224, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $57
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Stadhouderskade 7, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $63
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant