Travel Blogs from Rome
Today we had it right and were able to take the tour of the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, The Basilica and later visit the Coliseum, went to lunch at Tratoria Lucia in Trastevere and walked all the way back to the apartment. What can I say about the museums and chapel, most if not all of you have seen it and admired the wonders of art housed in them.
The Sistine chapel continues to be visited by thousands of tourist to the point ...
An avid traveler learns early on in their experiences that something almost always goes wrong when traveling. You learn to take it in stride and not let it effect the overall goal of a vacation. So when it just so happens that our first leg of the trip brought more bad than good news, we did our best to carry on. We did all arrive in Rome safely and on time so for that, we are thankful. We left Orlando Saturday afternoon 2 hours later than ...
Rome was absolutely spectacular. We had a bus tour and a 3 hour walking tour on Friday to see the city, the outside of the Colosseum, Trevi fountain, Pantheon, the first mall in the world, and more! Then Saturday we went to Vatican city where we saw St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine chapel, Vatican necropolis (Tombs underneath St. Peter's Basilica) and more. ...
Today we tackled the Vatican museum and St. Peter's Basilica. Ever since I took Art History in college it has been a dream if mine to see the Sistine Chapel with the ceiling painted by Michelangelo. As we were touring the museum, Keana expressed her excitement - I asked her how she knew about it and her reply was something like ' ummmmm ... It's in Spaceship Earth at Disney!' That made me realize all those trips to Disney weren't just to learn about hidden Mickeys:-). ...
... we were after the hot walk from the bus stop to the train station. He corrected himself by saying "babe, you’re glistening" and then added “my balls are glistening”…just as a couple of nuns were passing directly behind him. Hannah almost died laughing. It was definitely the moment of the day.
We caught the train connecting to Rome, where to took the metro to another local train to the Ostia area (beach area of Rome) followed by a ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Motel Boomerang Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82