TripAdvisor Reviews Motel Boomerang Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... way, and the way we knew the most about, was the subway. But I was a bit worried about the timing.
The next train was not arriving for another 25 minutes or so which would put the train at 8:55 and I really wanted to be there by 9:00 a.m. Only four stops after this and we are at the airport so maybe we would be okay. Well, the subway arrived but the stops had much longer times between them and we were still on the subway with ...
... us as we came to the opening of the City and said would we like a chance to jump the line or have a guide. It was her quite tone and offer of options without shoving pamphlets down our throats that made us say yes. Man was it a great choice! While waiting for the tour to gather enough people we were ushered into the main square and told many points of interest and historic accounts. Then we were taken to their office to be given the golden (ok green) sticker that ...
... Before we got gelatto, We went to the Pantheon. I think its amazing that the romans could build such a great building with the technology that they had. After the Pantheon, we went to get triple scoops of delicious gelatto. We walked to the spanish steps while slurping our Italian ice cream. There we climbed them and ascended on them. Then we walked over to the closed Trevi Fountain, but threw a coin in anyway.
We woke up bright and early this morning to go back to Rome and the end of our tour. 4.30 alarm call is not fun! Some of the group had left through the night so there were only eighteen of us left. It was a long drive but we arrived at Fumicino in time to drop off most at the airport. Then there were only four of us left for the rest of the way. We arrived at romanico hotel,where ...
... tour. It was worth the extra money to start early and in a small group.
We entered around 8am and whipped down the hall of the Vatican Museums to get into the Sistine Chapel before it gets busy; which it does. Standing or sitting in silence it is an unforgettable experience to see the work of Michelangelo and others on the walls and ceiling.
Then back to the Vatican Museums where the artwork and sculptures come at you from every direction. Is it a ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82