TripAdvisor Reviews Motel Boomerang Rome
Travel Blogs from Rome
... suited men, the four tenors I called them, creating the most beautifully rich versions of all the songs we would regularly hear at a church in Connecticut, but in Italian. In fact, the entire Mass was in Italian, except for after the homily, the priest redid the homily in English before continuing in Italian. The setting was really special. The exquisite beauty of the Basilica, the rich sound coming from the massive organ, the light from ...
... them. 7:00 pm-We found the Trevi Fountain and got ready to throw in some coins-until we found out that it was under excavations! We were still lingering around the fountain when a gypsy holding a bunch of roses came over to us, and gave us each a rose. Dad gave him two euros for them, but he kept on demanding more money for them, until Dad had given him 5 euros for them. We learnt not to accept flowers from gypsies! 7:10 pm-We decided to find a gelato place to tide ...
... without falling asleep... or a miracle.
Today, after eating the delicious breakfast cake our chef Monica made, we had our first Philosophy class. After class, myself and six others decided to walk about two miles to the Vatican where we took pictures and climbed to the top of the Dome of St. Peter's Basilica (All 551 stairs). It was gorgeous because halfway up you end up on a ledge inside the top ...
... was in Latin and there were about 50 people there, all tourists. As the service progressed people drifted in until there were about 80 (not that I would be counting instead of listening). Most of those who came in seemed familiar with the format of the service. It was quite reverent and felt like we were there to worship God. What a lot of incense they wave about.
As soon as the service was over the ropes went down an the hordes came in.
In the afternoon we went to ...
... to explain to a taxi driver his memories of being in Europe previously and the speeds on the autobahns, he struggled to convey the concept of "fast". First attempt was to speak more slowly, next more loudly, resulting in no greater comprehension by Mr Taxi. "What's the Italian word for fast?" Lucy (who learns music) and I pipe up "presto" and a look of complete ...
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $112
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $116
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $98
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $264
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $305
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $146
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $110
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $84
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $182
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $99
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $309
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $165
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $71
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $76
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $78
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $68
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $82