Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suites
How has this hotel rated in the past?
Photos of Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suites
Travelers also recommend:
TripAdvisor Reviews Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suites
Travel Blogs from Barrie
... lines to contend with but traffic was light and I could at least drive slowly and absorb the splendour. It truly is awesome, mile after mile.
It was meant to be a short day but by the time we stopped for photos plus this and that and something else it was nearly 4:30 before we got to a campsite for the night. Found a nice spot on Lake Couchiching which is separated from Lake Simcoe by a narrow neck of land.
- Reluctantly say good bye to B&D (wish they lived closer) and head out for Niagara Falls.
- When we get close we find an information station that tells us where to leave the Motorhome and unhook the Suzuki (Walmart).
- The falls are spectacular and full of tourists from all over the world. The waits for the Maid of the Mist boat is hours long so ...
... 15€. No tip this time buddy!!! Now you must understand that the front desk attendant was rather scary looking as he reminded me of the pale white gentleman in Divincy Code and although we thought about confronting him on return decided against it.........as he really looked a little ominous. The rest of our taxi drivers have been great except for the one that needed to take a bath.....we hailed that one on our own however... The French Algerian that took us to Sacre ...
... older, and is why we choose the form of travel we do. Don't get me wrong, we certainly enjoy the fine things that Western society provides us, but this must come with a level of understanding and thanks.
I will conclude this blog with a list of 'firsts' experienced on this trip:
1. Brian eating curry tripe for breakfast.
2. Agostino's attendance at a live F1 race and rock concert.
3. Brian driving a right hand drive car on ...
... 7 from Pickering to Markham, then the 404 in the late afternoon, followed by Highway 9 through Newmarket. If any of you are familiar with these roads, you know that they are not the friendliest at the best of times (stop lights, traffic, crazy drivers) ... now consider 600 bikes being added to the mix!
After a hurried dinner at home (thanks Ma!) we were off to Base Border for the evening festivities. We all gathered ...